Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 5, 2008, 5:37 PM   #11

on usual TFT-TVs you cannot seeany difference between 1440x1080 (HDV) or 1920x1080 (FullHD) - believe it or not :blah:

I've a SONY HC3 with 1440x1080, a Panasonic SD5 with 1920x1080 - and a good "TV-equipment" and TFT-monitor with 1920x1200
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2008, 9:38 PM   #12

Manual in 9 languages you find at http://www.aiptek.com

Download Action-HD Manual <----- PDF, 5 MB

Old Apr 6, 2008, 6:05 AM   #13

If there are only 9 languages, then Again Aiptek did notdo theirJob. 16 are the correct one for the camera. the Firmware will again have to be loaded by the Purchaser. while they willnot pull back the ones that went out.

ALSO

This Unit will operate on a 3 plus gig proccessor, not 2.0 gig proccessor

that issomething to see

A sample vid will be needed forall who has a slower PC or MAC
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2008, 6:55 AM   #14

Read: the manual (USA-server) is in NINE languages. There are few people, which need Kisuaheli.

Speed is no problem, you can convert to DivX - then even a slow computer can play the videos.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 7:05 AM   #15

Aiptek is known to add from Nine-to-15-to-16 languages. and correct with firmware
Old Apr 6, 2008, 7:17 AM   #16

sd storage is getting quite low. 1 gig 15 minutes for highest def. I do not know if I want that?

I wonder if the Waviness, in the video was fixed as well?

300.00 was the all time price of the GO due to an Extra battery ,case, remote, etc. Are they giving a second battery again?

I do not know if getting either one forme will do me good

I already have 720x480 av input over a 640x480 going less no thanks.

double the proformance in 30 fps to 60 fps, only at 720 is great, that would be something i would like to have.

Well rather be the 1st few to own, I am goingto await target, or Bestbuy to gettheir shipping in. over the full price of199.99 thecamera will drop 20-30 in the next few months

Mde this mistake at first and noticed agreat saving, and at the same time Costco gave us that great deal as well over Aiptek.

looking fwd to a deal.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 11:59 AM   #17

And we need to see if they fixed the audio problem (better microphone). And it should ship with a newer version of the TotalMediaExtreme (SE) that does 1080.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2008, 7:12 AM   #18

Reading the manual, that model looks nice. I plan to get it, unless samples shown show it to not be that good.
sandmanfvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2008, 9:55 AM   #19

This is where intermediate codecs for high definition editing are going to be important for people with slower computers.

On the PC, I think Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 8 has the option for the user to export raw clips as Cineform .avi intermediate files for editing.

On the Mac, Apple kindly provides the Apple Intermediate Codec (AIC).

Then -- after converting the raw Aiptek clips -- you'll be able to play the intermediate clips easily because they're much easier for processors to play.

So you get the best of both worlds...

1. easy playback and scrubbing and trimming;

2. high quality (because intermediate codecs don't significantly degrade)

The only disadvantage is that you need a lot of hard disk space because the intermediate files consume a lot of space.

But if you don't use intermediate codecs, then you may want to give some consideration to buying a much faster computer because it takes a very fast processor to handle these H.264 high definition clips.

Another issue that many consumers may not understand is the special requirements imposed by 60 frames per second progressive source material. This is terrific video because it depicts motion very, very well. But the problem is that many of today's consumer NLEs do not have 60 frames per second (progressive) editing templates. So I suspect this great 60 frames per second video will often be downgraded to 30 frames per second by many NLEs during the editing process.

Private Idaho
Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2008, 10:12 AM   #20

is it going to be a waste of $$ if I get a HD+: due to editing software?

So basically we can say we will not be editing or even making a copy to a dvd due to software downgrading to 30 or 29.97 fps?

I do not even know if I want to opt for aHD+ 720x48- @60fps be great. only issue is not enough video selection sizes. I can relate to this b/c it keeps costs down.

so tempted to get one with my free $$$ online of course, so so tempted