Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 8, 2008, 12:35 PM   #21

price at Aiptek.com 0.00 I say they will Jump up.

also no Software looks like to be included. so again it is a waiting game here Arcsoft total media extreme n/a
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2008, 4:21 PM   #22

Private Idaho wrote:
Quote:
This is where intermediate codecs for high definition editing are going to be important for people with slower computers.

On the PC, I think Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 8 has the option for the user to export raw clips as Cineform .avi intermediate files for editing.
Indeed Movie Studio Platinum 8 does come with the Cineform codec. I didn't notice it was there until I was looking for codecs to export some 3D rendering and it showed up. Of course with that program it popped up a dialog saying it wasn't licensed to be used there so went to find which program it was licensed for and it was Movie Studio Platinum 8. You will have to rename the files with an MP4 extension to bring them in properly (with audio) and Sony has been made aware of the MOV bug. They also need to include AVCHD encoding at a frame size for HD (they have the codec but for PSP and other mobile devices only) since their competitors offer it. This may change with their own hybrid being on the market though I expect the files are M2TS.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2008, 3:52 PM   #23

I just bought it today from Wal-Mart. They had it for 199.99. The price is still confusing me. Why is it so cheap when GO-HD is $230? Price on the Aiptek site has been changed from $199 to $0. Mistake? Dunno...but if it is, then I got in on a good deal.
I'm still at work but I've been playing around with it. I'v never owned a A-HD or GO-HD so I can't really do a good comparison so I'll upload some videos later and I'll let you guys be the judge.

Initial Thoughts:
-The mic sounds good.
-I didn't notice the lense noise in the video.
-Not sure what the issue is with the AF in the GO-HD but if someone can describe it to me, i'll try to shoot some videos that will test it.
-I just hate that there no lens cap...do guys have any ideas on what to use? Will teh A-HD cap work?
-Shooting in 60fps is good. Only VLC played it properly though. When playing through Quicktime or MPC using CCCP Codec Pack, it played it back with 30fps...weird.
-Not sure which version of Total Video Extreme it has, installing it now and will find out.
-Video had a lot more noise using Quicktime or MPC. VLC looked the best.

What other software out there will edit hi-def video well? Someone mentiond Vegas. Is that the easiest and best? Thanks.
wakkadss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2008, 4:35 PM   #24

Glad somebody got one. Yes, please post samples asap. Thanks.
sandmanfvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2008, 4:59 PM   #25

Hi from the UK,
just registered because of these new cameras - I can't wait to see your footage.

Would it be possible to take some shots with fast movement - say some dashboard footage from a fast moving vehicle?

I'm thinking of buying this camera to mount in my car - would it resolve number plates - I hope that would be a good movement test to show others the capabilities of this cam too.

Thanks if you can try this,
Enjoy your new camera!

tinstar
tinstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2008, 7:27 PM   #26

WalMart had them in store? I thought only online.

Old Apr 9, 2008, 7:31 PM   #27

home delievery, store pick up, and yes probably store display as well. but not At Aiptek.com LMAO
Old Apr 9, 2008, 7:31 PM   #28

Oops, I missread the other day. It say Not Online. But the local WM doesn't have it .... yet (it's about 1 mile away). I like the other model form factor anyway and will certainly wait for some clips first (and then some really good street prices).

Old Apr 9, 2008, 7:50 PM   #29

not not missread, over excited

they are on a Online Order .

Aiptek hada price of 200.00 then pulled it off their website . so not a Aiptek order at the moment

why 249 for the go and 199,00 for the action

contents:

Action will not have Arcsoft media, a extra battery will get a remote LOL

Go has the extras. so that iswhy the price is defferent

199.99 for Ahd Plus

while the regular one is at a lower price same scenerio.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"well I figure I grab some video and edit a 30 minute ride with the A-Hd ataearly mourning, and the sanyo xacti at early mourning sun.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"both vids are 30 min long time lapsed to 3 minutes will place side by side and render at a different format.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Quality would be lost , orwill it look thes ame but a lesser size 30 fps-or-60 fps I may opt for the A-Hd but again at a discounted price,

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"If the Audio is thesame oh well at least I be updated in video do not know if I'll see the difference.

timewill tell.

Old Apr 9, 2008, 9:53 PM   #30

Hey Fishy,

What do mean about the Arcsoft? The Action HD came with Arcsoft Total Media Extreme. Is it suppose to be different version? There is only one battery but i'm gonna get the PM18 hi-cap battery. Only thing that sucks is the hi-cap door cover is not the same color as the Action HD. Not sure what you mean about the remote. It does come with a remote. Do you know if people were able to use the A-HD lens cap on the GO-HD? I need one for this sucker.
wakkadss is offline   Reply With Quote