Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 9, 2008, 9:57 PM   #31

BTW. Where's the best place to upload and share the sample vids?
wakkadss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2008, 10:47 PM   #32

www.rapidshare.com
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2008, 11:01 PM   #33

wakkadss wrote:
Quote:
I just bought it today from Wal-Mart. They had it for 199.99. The price is still confusing me. Why is it so cheap when GO-HD is $230? Price on the Aiptek site has been changed from $199 to $0. Mistake? Dunno...but if it is, then I got in on a good deal.
I'm still at work but I've been playing around with it. I'v never owned a A-HD or GO-HD so I can't really do a good comparison so I'll upload some videos later and I'll let you guys be the judge.

Initial Thoughts:
-The mic sounds good.
-I didn't notice the lense noise in the video.
-Not sure what the issue is with the AF in the GO-HD but if someone can describe it to me, i'll try to shoot some videos that will test it.
-I just hate that there no lens cap...do guys have any ideas on what to use? Will teh A-HD cap work?
-Shooting in 60fps is good. Only VLC played it properly though. When playing through Quicktime or MPC using CCCP Codec Pack, it played it back with 30fps...weird.
-Not sure which version of Total Video Extreme it has, installing it now and will find out.
-Video had a lot more noise using Quicktime or MPC. VLC looked the best.

What other software out there will edit hi-def video well? Someone mentiond Vegas. Is that the easiest and best? Thanks.
To play 720p60 or 1080p30 smoothly, you will need a graphics card with H264 accelator + a SW decoder support this. (PowerDVD).

QT will auto drop the non-referenced picture when it can't reach realtime playback. Unfortunately, QT's performance is bad. So it always drop frames to make playback smooth. (no lag, but droppping frames)

Rio12375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2008, 11:13 PM   #34
FLG

Walmart $199.99
Has remote,a small tripod,case and software. Way better than Go-HD but you can hear the zoom noise. Nice colors and an interesting mode DVD 60 frames 720x480 which is working very well much better than Sanyo HD700.
Still testing. Per Walmart policy 30 days to return.Is dark now so I am limited to see low light performances.
FLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2008, 11:28 PM   #35

wakkadss wrote:
Quote:
I just bought it today from Wal-Mart. They had it for 199.99. The price is still confusing me. Why is it so cheap when GO-HD is $230? Price on the Aiptek site has been changed from $199 to $0. Mistake? Dunno...but if it is, then I got in on a good deal.
I'm still at work but I've been playing around with it. I'v never owned a A-HD or GO-HD so I can't really do a good comparison so I'll upload some videos later and I'll let you guys be the judge.

Initial Thoughts:
-The mic sounds good.
-Not sure what the issue is with the AF in the GO-HD but if someone can describe it to me, i'll try to shoot some videos that will test it.
-I just hate that there no lens cap...do guys have any ideas on what to use? Will teh A-HD cap work?
-Shooting in 60fps is good. Only VLC played it properly though. When playing through Quicktime or MPC using CCCP Codec Pack, it played it back with 30fps...weird.
-Not sure which version of Total Video Extreme it has, installing it now and will find out.
-Video had a lot more noise using Quicktime or MPC. VLC looked the best.

What other software out there will edit hi-def video well? Someone mentiond Vegas. Is that the easiest and best? Thanks.
Hi wakkadss,

Why is it so cheap when GO-HD is $230?
- One reason is because the Go-HD has an Optical Zoom and the A-HD has a Digital Zoom. Optical is better than digital, hands down. So this usally shoots the price up. Also, I "believe" the audio format for the Go-HD is MP3, not WAV, like the A-HD, but could someone confirm this? Also, if you get the Go-HD from the Aiptek site, there seems to be a few extras that you can get for free, as oppose to the A-HD. So that may be the reason why.

Price on the Aiptek site has been changed from $199 to $0. Mistake? Dunno...but if it is, then I got in on a good deal.
-
How much did you pay for it? $199? I think the $0 is a placeholder for us to get nervous about an imminent price increase.

- Please do...love to see how it shoots.

Initial Thoughts:
-The mic sounds good.

Wow, these were problems that people were having with the latest version of the A-HD. Sounds as though they may have resolved them in the A-HD+.

-I just hate that there no lens cap...do guys have any ideas on what to use? Will teh A-HD cap work? -
Initially, I couldn't locate the cap in my A-HD package either until I looked a bit further. So yours may be in there as well. Also, It's better not to throw away your packaging until after your warranty is over. As for the A-HD cap fitting on the A-HD+ lens, I am not sure, but I would make a guess that they may be compatible.

-Shooting in 60fps is good. Only VLC played it properly though. When playing through Quicktime or MPC using CCCP Codec Pack, it played it back with 30fps...weird. - This is one reason why I plan to hold off on this unit...not enough consumer-level software support yet for the format, that I am aware of. Perhaps as it catches on, there will be, but I am going to wait a while and see how things play out.

See ya.

3dcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2008, 11:31 PM   #36

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
... Well rather be the 1st few to own, I am goingto await target, or Bestbuy to gettheir shipping in. over the full price of199.99 thecamera will drop 20-30 in the next few months...
And when it does and you pick up one, I'll be looking forward to viewing your commentaries on YouTube!
3dcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2008, 4:58 AM   #38

1. Aiptek.com read the site and on the list I may bereading it wrong but it does say wmp 11 decoder for Aipte.mov vid files do not see it saying arcsoft

2, the Go-Hd has parts andcost $$$ why the price is 249. why the action is ZERO b/c they are not yet ready fora set price, I am sure they will add a better pkg in a weeks time 200.00 LESS parts yes it be a great steal. 300.00 qwas theset price for this watch it rise to 269.00 would have included a docking station LMAO

3. the video seen the car onewhile the rest is error best you use megaupload.com

I rather not comment b// now but later. I watched the 720x480 60 fps whereyou're driving.

4 lens cap on the A-HD Plus from the A-Hd. Go-Hd to the Action, the a-hd to the action whatever way you want it on the models

Aiptek wil sel lyou the cap or send it to you ifasked, if missing from the uninsoected box. it is in there and stated on the box included like the Arcsoft. LOL

Wish you the best of luck on theBoosted firmware models

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2008, 7:46 AM   #39

wakkadss schrieb:
Quote:
Alright folks. Didn't have much time today. Here are some videos.

Not bad

Next days I'll upload some videos & photos.

Got my AIPTEK Z500 Plus today ... with extra (newest) HD-DV Decoder V1.03 - date 2008_03_07 ... gives smooth video run on PC

DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2008, 8:13 AM   #40

If you rename the extension to .mp4 instead of .mov they play much better in mpc w/ coreavc installed...I used vegas 8 and then mainconcept avc, re-encoded your video so I could see if it would work, and uploaded to vimeo to test what it would do w/ 60fps video, here is the result wakkadss wrote:
pychobj2001 is offline   Reply With Quote