Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 10, 2008, 4:15 PM   #61

@Spyc

Fishy got it right on ur questions. Only thing to add is there is no variable speed on the zoom.

I created a Vimeo account and i'm uploading now.
wakkadss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2008, 4:23 PM   #62

I did not time it right , due to the program LOL

I used sony vegas 8 o speed up to 4x,and saved as wmv9, repeated the proccess so it is at 8x the speed on both videos seperate of course. Then I used magex pro editer 12 and added both to a 2/1 image and saved as quicktime 720x480.

loaded to a site and that is the final output online. this is ontopic b/c it deals wit hte A-Hd and other in a hi def, so you can truely see editing the full length video of 1280x720 @ 30 fps of the devices, you get clearity for online viewing. I am sure once blown up on a Home theater, not good. As well the windshiled is beyong help in daylight Lol very pitted.

If one does filming like this remember in the rain you realy do not need to use the wipers b/c you get such a clear shot. (hint)

thank you for the comment. I am working on a realy long ride that failed to record, was a real windy day going home from Boston-to-New York, and what realy was neat, the leaves blowing on the road and up in front this video i posted a short clip and now I figure i'll edit in a time lapse over a hours drive a few savesnow at 45 min in a 4x I need to speed a few more saves like24x -28x andsee if I can knock it to 4 minutes be a super fast video (lol)
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2008, 4:38 PM   #63

Hey guys, fishy you're an Aiptek legend, I enjoy seeing your videos on the web, they're always very useful and good to watch.

wakddass (sp?) thank you for uploading the samples. I'm liking what I'm seeing, tye 1080 is very impressive - a huge advantage on previous Aipteks - good job on filming/panning/zooming/driving all at once!

Just for comparison, here's some footage from the other camera I was looking at:

Click this Link to go to the site thank you

tinstar

tinstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2008, 4:41 PM   #64

Thanks for the answers!

@fishy: Dug that video lots. Was wondering -- what are you using for a mount? I filmed a few drives home with the A-HD using a Gorillapod and every bump and post-wintertime pothole is right there on-screen.
spyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2008, 5:47 PM   #65

SpyC: thank you Tin.. thank sas well love the footage:

As for the mount how do you have yours hooked up to? ever think of using your head rest like i do.

That is exactly how I do it, the seat is a cushion, absorbs the shock, and dampens out nicely. i do hit some aweful bumps and you'll hear the vibration in the film. I have an inverter from dc/-to-ac, anduse the remote, keep thescreen facing me, hard part since my eyes are getting older isseeing the Lil red record LOL wish was a tad bigger. We faught hard for the lettering no one complained , that is why they're sticking with it , we should say a lil bigger bullseye

reason why I may opt for a AH-HD+ Trade in on the 1.6 A-Hd, still keep the 2.002 A-HD.

Pic

spyc wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for the answers!

@fishy: Dug that video lots. Was wondering -- what are you using for a mount? I filmed a few drives home with the A-HD using a Gorillapod and every bump and post-wintertime pothole is right there on-screen.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 5:59 PM   #66

Private Idaho wrote:
Quote:
If, as you say, Ambarella's chipsets don't vary the frame rate then why is Aiptek very careful in the manual to state that their camcorders support "up to" 30 frames per second or "up to" 60 frames per second?"

Moreover, why does the frame rate of my Aiptek ISDV2.4 seem to be compromised; you can pan the camcorder to the left and to the right and you will see -- in the viewfinder -- a split-second delay similar to what you would see with a Web cam and its compromised frame rate.
But is your ISDV2.4 using the Ambarella chipset? I'm not sure that Ambarella made any chipsets for SD cameras at least from what I see on their site. Ambarella also makes chipsets for broadcast HD encoders.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2008, 6:25 PM   #67

Round one goes to HDGUY

Nice one

hdguy wrote:
Quote:
Private Idaho wrote:
Quote:
If, as you say, Ambarella's chipsets don't vary the frame rate then why is Aiptek very careful in the manual to state that their camcorders support "up to" 30 frames per second or "up to" 60 frames per second?"

Moreover, why does the frame rate of my Aiptek ISDV2.4 seem to be compromised; you can pan the camcorder to the left and to the right and you will see -- in the viewfinder -- a split-second delay similar to what you would see with a Web cam and its compromised frame rate.
But is your ISDV2.4 using the Ambarella chipset? I'm not sure that Ambarella made any chipsets for SD cameras at least from what I see on their site. Ambarella also makes chipsets for broadcast HD encoders.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 6:26 PM   #68

Thanks Tinstar.

Fishy...ROFL. BEST. MOUNT. EVER...

There was a 1.5 hour wait on Vimeo to convert the video...darn. This will take a while.
wakkadss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2008, 6:49 PM   #69

better an hour than waiting 7 days to load my o ther Hd of Boston part two up LOl

Vimeo is great, they probably have a lot of DL now, ittakes 10 more minutes after the convert as well lol

you can load more up and not worry bout the page. if the file fails you'll get credit back of the storage.

The Mount is great. if you have the mini tripods from Aiptek I sometimes lift the head rest off, place the tripod in the head rest hole and got my cam locked in, but it swivals, a rubber washer will fix that.

also, I used my moddedwide angle the bigger one and yes cam fell LOL. all works out w/o a passanger. rear head rest center has short stems, I have different hybrids forall occasions. also have it for the bike

wakkadss wrote:
Quote:
Thanks Tinstar.

Fishy...ROFL. BEST. MOUNT. EVER...

There was a 1.5 hour wait on Vimeo to convert the video...darn. This will take a while.Send
Old Apr 10, 2008, 7:28 PM   #70

wakkadss, if you want and have time, would you please post some photos made with the camera?

Thanks!
sr71 is offline   Reply With Quote