Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 11, 2008, 1:04 PM   #81

I wouldn't give Aiptek's manual writers high marks. :-) "Up to" wound be their CYA and probably borrowed from previous manuals. Us AVInaptic to do the math on the number or frames for frame rate. You can also use Apple's own Dumpster program (available for Windows too) to check the files. Unfortunately you have to sign up for the Developer Site to get Dumpster anymore. I got it when it was just open and one could download anything. Very handy tool.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2008, 5:43 PM   #82

Private Idaho wrote:
Quote:
Now that the U.S. economy is on the rocks, consumers will probably not be spending as they did in the past so I suspect these Aiptek models may be more successful than the Sony/Canon/Panasonic models.
You mean like beyond their means? :lol:

Hopefully this may be a good thing. Instead of bringing in new models that always seem just shy of hitting the $1000 mark, perhaps they'll concentrate a bit more on improving the low end. Of course it could very well go the other way and make things worse. As more people will be unable to afford the higher end, and start buying the lower end in droves, this may give them even less incentive to make them better :roll:
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2008, 6:44 PM   #83

Forget the Sanyo, I have seen the parking lot footage and it looks promising.

The footage is low bit rate though, there seems to be lack of detail (maybe it is focus issue) but for this bit-rate it is remarkable. The shape of things is preserved also. The footage is still consumer grade. The latitude is consumer grade, and I suspect the noise might still be. The latitude is remarkable though, and the picture though a bit dull in color for a consumer camera, is very much like the Ispan test photo I saw ages ago, and nice quality. Unfortunately there is still some screen dooring (notice the window trim on the Blue vehicle at the beginning of the shot). Overall I am impressed, worth looking into, and rivaling the video footage from the Casio EX1 a bit.

I have to examine it in detail yet.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2008, 11:05 PM   #84

I noticed on Aipteks website they list both the Aiptek HD 1080p and A-HD+ 1080p for the same price of $199.99 which is odd.
Old Apr 12, 2008, 7:27 AM   #85

Aiptek website wa at 199.99, then dropped to ZERO

now its 199.99 not Odd

you may or may not get what came with the GO-HD, thatwillfluctuate the price.

You're also notgetting Free stuff as well from Aiptek on the ACTION HD, like the A-HD+(PLUS)

take that to concideration 40.00 of free stuff, when that goes away theprice will lower.

now why is it ODD

199.99 plus 8.00 shipping NO TAX, you have a camera DUH in Stock

Gone through this with Costco/price club has it

Quote:
I noticed on Aipteks website they list both the Aiptek HD 1080p and A-HD+ 1080p for the same price of $199.99 which is odd.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2008, 6:55 PM   #86

I was in Bestbuy today, and I noticed they had the Aiptek A-HD+ for $169.99. I was very tempted to get one but sadly I have other priorities first and this time I'll let someone else be the guinea pig before I take the plunge :lol:
Old Apr 12, 2008, 7:35 PM   #87

that is the price, 170. add the two free things from Aiptek site you get it for 200.00 make ssense

Not goingto waste a trip if you say it is in BB, my luck,will not be there. but heck I should go and just see.

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
I was in Bestbuy today, and I noticed they had the Aiptek A-HD+ for $169.99. I was very tempted to get one but sadly I have other priorities first and this time I'll let someone else be the guinea pig before I take the plunge :lol:
Old Apr 12, 2008, 7:46 PM   #88

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
that is the price, 170. add the two free things from Aiptek site you get it for 200.00 make ssense
Well actually they're not free really are they? :blah: The two items cost $15 each so in effect considering the $30 price difference, Aiptek is charging you for them even though they call them 'free'! Nothing's truly free, the cost is always in there somewhere.
Old Apr 12, 2008, 8:55 PM   #89

yep that is the best of it

aiptek offers good and bad stuff wish they offered the bigger tripod kit LOL
Old Apr 13, 2008, 5:09 PM   #90

Anybody managed to have a look at this?

Wayne12 wrote:
Quote:
wakkadss wrote:
Quote:
I just bought it today from Wal-Mart.
Thanks.
Hi guys, I am interested in doing a few interesting things with the camera. I would like to see if I can get a picture quality of at least a prosumer camera out of it and record it. I however need to know a few things to do this.

Testing 720p60

Firstly, when you are filming, or the camera is on in standby in either video or still mode, is there a video feed on the component/HDMI output without icons? Some cameras don't allow a live feed while filming.

Using your HD flat panel's onscreen status display, what resolution and frame rate does it report? Does it look like 720p60fps? On previouse Aiptek HD camera it was reported to output standard definition live video feed while filming.

Is there any delay at all between you waving your hand in front of the camera and it being displayed live on your flat panel TV screen? No delay indicates it maybe a uncompressed video stream.

Waving your hand frantically closely in front of it, rapidly twisting, turning and panning the camera around, does any small blocks, blurry blobs, loss of resolution happen on the live feed to the HD TV screen? Lack of any of these things is good back up proof that it is probably uncompressed (as these things cause picture degradation on extremely compressed footage).

Other questions:

Any mention of which sensor it uses, signal to noise ratio (SNR) range?
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote