Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 9, 2008, 1:21 AM   #1

Yesterday at work I dropped my camera from the counter and the lens protector I think came off.
Everything else stayed in place, so anyways I squeezed the plastic cover back into place and started it up. Everything seemed fine, it started up as usual with the colorful animation and then the screen turns black, no icons or anything around the screen just completely black with the power light still on. Not sure what it could be, but i'm hoping it's nothing big because my 30day warranty ended last week I barely had this camera.

Any thoughts?
dricon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 9, 2008, 1:45 AM   #2

You need to do some troubleshooting to narrow down the problem.

Does the battery have good contact? Is the battery ok?

Can you play back anything already recorded on it before it was traumatized? Can you play music?

Even though the screen is blank, can you take pictures (and look at them on the screen or your computer)?

If nothing seems to work, you have nothing to lose by trying to fix it yourself, starting by carefully removing the case and recording what goes where as you do so.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2008, 4:48 AM   #3

troubleshoot"

cam starts up andyou see animation. the that means you have a working Lttp screen.

the cam all turns black after start up, then I look atthe lens to see if something is covering the lens.

I still call Aiptek A.S.A>P. and explain what happened they'll cover within reasonable time of warranty. before attemptingto dismantle this item

it is easy to snap off vids are in my pro
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2008, 8:07 AM   #4

I don't think anythings covering the lens because theres no icons around the screen. The battery should be fine I mean it turns on and I can't do anything at all, no pictures to recording and the computer doesn't recognize it
dricon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2008, 12:53 AM   #5

Sounds like you may want to check out fancier hybrids for your next camera.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote