Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 14, 2008, 5:24 AM   #1

Apparently for now you can only get the Aiptek Action HD from walmart.com. They went out of stock on it pretty quickly last week, but it's finally back in as of this morning (4/14). Checked a local store this weekend and they didn't have it, only the Sanyo CG6 (640x480x30).

Just ordered one! Once it comes in, I'll be taking the A-HD back.
spyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 14, 2008, 10:41 AM   #2

I guess I don't know what this is.. However, when I was in Wal-Mart yesterday passing through the camera department, they had some kind of camera they were marketing as HD 720p and the price was like $99. I didn't have a chance to see what brand it was.

Also, I noticed the Sanyo CG6 is finally back in stock in my local Wal-mart (they had been out for a long time) and the new price is $199. That is actually a pretty good price for that camera.

adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2008, 1:16 PM   #3

I saw the Aiptek HD 1080p on display at Walmart as well. I didn't check to see if they had any in stock as I don't plan on getting one until the reviews are in. 1080p is more than I need (720p would be plenty) but I am only interested in it (or the A-HD+) if they have fixed the sound problems. I may still wait a while to see what this year brings as my C40 is good enough for what I am using it for at the moment and I don't want to get into the habit of trying a device and taking it back. I want to be a little more sure. To be honest, had I read the reviews before taking the plunge on the HD700 I probably wouldn't have got it, but then to be fair, I didn't have much choice in waiting when amazon.com had it for that special price :lol:

The only problem really is that I want a Stereo device, and none of the inexpensive models seem to have that and don't look like getting it anytime soon.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2008, 9:55 PM   #4

I'm not much interested in the 1080p30 video either, but I have yet to see the image on a large 1080p tv. It's the 720p60 I was really surprised by, looking at the samples from another thread.

They don't have much audio more than background noise, but it does appear to be in stereo. VLC reports 2 audio channels. Could be a doubled mono -- don't know how that works.

Looks like my order is on back order. "Unfortunately, we are currently unable to provide a revised delivery date."
spyc is offline   Reply With Quote