Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 11, 2008, 10:13 AM   #131

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2008, 5:24 AM   #132

I read somewhere on the forum that the A-HD+ is the first one of Aiptek's HD pocket series that has some exposure controls.

Which means that you can almost eliminate the dreaded auto-exposure compensation that cuses the annoying flickering we all hate.

What exactly are those new exposure settings? Ar ethey really that efficient when it comes to eliminating the flicker?

I think that the A-HD+ cannot be used as a webcam or as a MP4 or MP3 player.
Is it all about firmware?
I mean, is there a chance of it becoming an webcam/MP3/MP4 player with a future firmware upgrade?
Buldozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2008, 6:20 AM   #133

the Aipteks hd have Ev settings of increments, center and two lower, two higherthey have been there since the MPVr, and are not new.

new one beside that NONE

the HD models no longer have a webcam feature they cut it out, with the MP3 player, not MP4 player.

The cam can Still be used to play back and record any, ANY file into the camera. you can use the included software as well.

Buldozer wrote:
Quote:
I read somewhere on the forum that the A-HD+ is the first one of Aiptek's HD pocket series that has some exposure controls.

Which means that you can almost eliminate the dreaded auto-exposure compensation that cuses the annoying flickering we all hate.

What exactly are those new exposure settings? Ar ethey really that efficient when it comes to eliminating the flicker?

I think that the A-HD+ cannot be used as a webcam or as a MP4 or MP3 player.
Is it all about firmware?
I mean, is there a chance of it becoming an webcam/MP3/MP4 player with a future firmware upgrade?
Old Jul 20, 2008, 8:58 AM   #134

^ Thanks, fishycomics.
Is there a tutorial on how to use those exposure settings to kind of lock the exposure?
Or at least how to trick it into not jumping too much?
I have read that it is possible but never seen this important topic discussed in detail.
Thanks!

Old Jul 20, 2008, 11:51 AM   #135

it is just a setting no more it will only work or keep to that setting, and then when you turn off thecam you have to reset all the time so I do not call it even a feature

no trick or thing need to learn, just shoot the vid keep to the same scen no light change

Buldozer wrote:
Quote:
^ Thanks, fishycomics.
Is there a tutorial on how to use those exposure settings to kind of lock the exposure?
Or at least how to trick it into not jumping too much?
I have read that it is possible but never seen this important topic discussed in detail.
Thanks!
Old Jul 22, 2008, 12:11 PM   #136

OK, Fishy.
I watched your video comparison on the A-HD and the A-HD+.
This one: http://vimeo.com/907086

The TV test was VERTY interesting.
It not only shows that the A-HD+ produces better video and audio but in addition you can clearly see that the A-HD exposure compensation causes the video to flicker A LOT (triggered by the change of light from the TV) while the A-HD+ does not flicker at all.
In absolutely equal light conditions that is.
Any idea why is that?

Old Jul 22, 2008, 1:29 PM   #137

not sure but I am happy no matter what.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 10:57 PM   #138

Here is a clip of a sand sculpting event that I recorded at the Revere Beach several days ago.
http://vimeo.com/1389029
You're free to download the original 1440x1080 30p clip.

Incase you missed it; here is a clip of a car and motorcycle event at the same beach.
http://vimeo.com/1103620
Like my latest video, you can download the original file and this one is in 1280x720 60p
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2008, 7:39 PM   #139

Hey guys ,my AHD+ keeps blinking blue on the joystick nonstop till the battery goes dead . The manual said nothing about what means. Any one know ?
jra111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2008, 1:09 AM   #140

anything show up on the screen? It usually blinks when you are recording.
jra111 wrote:
Quote:
Hey guys ,my AHD+ keeps blinking blue on the joystick nonstop till the battery goes dead . The manual said nothing about what means. Any one know ?
freshkleensucks is offline   Reply With Quote