Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 31, 2008, 4:31 AM   #141

1. see if your flash is on takes a super long time to charge the flash

by either going into the setting or just left on the joystick

2 yes blinking blue is recording. if you hit record and think you stopped it will keep till the batt or sd runs dry.

3. again what does your screen icons tell you?

freshkleensucks wrote:
Quote:
anything show up on the screen? It usually blinks when you are recording.
jra111 wrote:
Quote:
Hey guys ,my AHD+ keeps blinking blue on the joystick nonstop till the battery goes dead . The manual said nothing about what means. Any one know ?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2008, 12:07 PM   #142

Sorry , With the lcd closed in the off position the joystick blinks blue like it's recording and I noticed after posting last night the lcd blinks on and off too with the door closed. It does not record when it does this. The only thing that makes it stop is if I take the batt out.
jra111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2008, 1:50 PM   #143

1. internal memory only does this happen

2, external memory inm bypassing internal it happs?

3 have you tried with its BUILT IN memory you have 64meg arounf30 secs or so, older ones will have about 4 secs:idea:

if it isa memory card you must format some will not like he cam causing it to go haywire. but since this is the only info

I do not know of any fix sounds like you have a glitch.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 5:24 PM   #144

fishy, ive found it nearly impssible to burn my entire california vacation onto a dvd. ive tried the included total media extreme but i have far too many clips to fit onto a dvd. i tried merging them but it takes hours and the video ends up choppy basically all i want to do is merge all the clips together make one video file that is in the original resolution. tried magix movie edit 14 plus but it freezes every time and the only video i got out of it didnt play correctly it was slow. my computer has 2 nvidia graphics cards sli, 64bit intel core 2 duo processor 6 gb of ddr2 ram and the program just freezes while my computer still works fine. What is the best solution for me to just make a large video file out of my hundreds of clips without losing picture quality, some are in 1080 and some in 720p60f???
freshkleensucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2008, 5:50 PM   #145

I truely thank you for commenting and asking me means a lot general and personal. that is what this site the site I, we asked for and got from Stevesforums.com

I believe our members have the answers for you, my personal response:

are the two you mention

I also have allocated memory, when using I keep my vids under 10 and about 3 mins depends on what vid if 1440 or 1280 even lower res not sure why? a German base software with gitchs the 14 has soundwhile the 12 does not when playing preview vids.

I also would like to know what other 3rd party h264 are outt here ?

lets see what our members have to say you may wantto open a seperte post for a better response? thanks again

. H254 is never easy towork with

keep itshort, and when you have a fewalready doneadd them repat. but yes HOURS days

@ 60f keeping orginal hmmm nots ure?

freshkleensucks wrote:
Quote:
fishy, ive found it nearly impssible to burn my entire california vacation onto a dvd. ive tried the included total media extreme but i have far too many clips to fit onto a dvd. i tried merging them but it takes hours and the video ends up choppy basically all i want to do is merge all the clips together make one video file that is in the original resolution. tried magix movie edit 14 plus but it freezes every time and the only video i got out of it didnt play correctly it was slow. my computer has 2 nvidia graphics cards sli, 64bit intel core 2 duo processor 6 gb of ddr2 ram and the program just freezes while my computer still works fine. What is the best solution for me to just make a large video file out of my hundreds of clips without losing picture quality, some are in 1080 and some in 720p60f???
Old Aug 1, 2008, 12:46 AM   #146

Thanks Fishy,

I solved my problem by returning it and getting the Action HD:lol:. I think I will like it better since it has a real macro mode and a light. I will post some video soon.

Thanks for the help guys.

Joey
jra111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2008, 4:39 AM   #147

that's the best solution swapping, rather waiting.

the action A-HD macro on the A or plus is not the best, they claim 28 inchs is theclosest LMAO

and the Action I believe up to two inchs that may bebetter LOL but not sure ifits a real one either lol.

you'l find focus hunting a issue but hey there will always besomethingto bother us no matterwhat

be happy...............

jra111 wrote:
Quote:
Thanks Fishy,

I solved my problem by returning it and getting the Action HD:lol:. I think I will like it better since it has a real macro mode and a light. I will post some video soon.

Thanks for the help guys.

Joey
Old Aug 2, 2008, 10:05 AM   #148

Hey guys, minutes ago I got my first Aiptek A-HD+ too.
Ordered it from the USA and I hope that I will not have any problems with it as jra111 was having since a return will be impossible in my case.

Thanks to fishycomics for all the help I got from his videos and here on the forum.

Here is a video that I made with my photo-camera after I received the Aiptek: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPgeq1L-fPU&fmt=1

I have only shot two videos using the A-HD+ so far. Used the small amount of energy that was in the brand new battery for that.

I noticed that this camcorder makes the videos pretty grainy in the sunlight and EXTREMELY grainy in low light conditions. Is this normal?
I mean, maybe it is for the low light, but what about the sunlight shots?
Any settings or optimizations for reducing the grainy noise? Maybe it has something to do with the exposure?

Also, under Tungsten light the A-HD+ can not catch the green of my greenscreen.
It tapes it grey, yellow or red.
Pretty much every other color, except for green.
Tried to mess with the White balance a lot but there was no positive result.

Also I feel that colors are not very saturated. Is there a settigns for correcting this?

This is what I have noticed so far.
Thanks for reading and (eventually) answering my questions.
Buldozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2008, 11:14 AM   #149

I've never had a problem with the daytime shots as far as it looking grainy. usually only happens in lowlight conditions, make sure you are in a slower shutter speed for lowlight such as the 1080 mode which is 30fps, for outside the 720p60fps seems the best. and as far as exposure i would keep it at 0 and the auto exposure setting on instead of any of the other ones. also the only model that comes in a box will be the action hd 1080p. hope that helps and good luck with your camera, for music videos, tripod tripod tripod is all i have to say
Buldozer wrote:
Quote:
Hey guys, minutes ago I got my first Aiptek A-HD+ too.
Ordered it from the USA and I hope that I will not have any problems with it as jra111 was having since a return will be impossible in my case.

Thanks to fishycomics for all the help I got from his videos and here on the forum.

Here is a video that I made with my photo-camera after I received the Aiptek: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPgeq1L-fPU&fmt=1

I have only shot two videos using the A-HD+ so far. Used the small amount of energy that was in the brand new battery for that.

I noticed that this camcorder makes the videos pretty grainy in the sunlight and EXTREMELY grainy in low light conditions. Is this normal?
I mean, maybe it is for the low light, but what about the sunlight shots?
Any settings or optimizations for reducing the grainy noise? Maybe it has something to do with the exposure?

Also, under Tungsten light the A-HD+ can not catch the green of my greenscreen.
It tapes it grey, yellow or red.
Pretty much every other color, except for green.
Tried to mess with the White balance a lot but there was no positive result.

Also I feel that colors are not very saturated. Is there a settigns for correcting this?

This is what I have noticed so far.
Thanks for reading and (eventually) answering my questions.
Old Aug 2, 2008, 11:18 AM   #150

this is one of my daytime shots, recorded on my black a-hd+ at 720p60f watch in high quality http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37mocq7eiKE