Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 2, 2008, 11:22 AM   #151

fishy i noticed that youtube gave me the option for high quality on my video i had converted to avi but any of the raw files in .mov come out pixelated on youtube and don't give the option to watch in high quality maybe ill just start an account at vimeo?
freshkleensucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2008, 11:29 AM   #152

Thank you

1 are you on night mode that will cause grain

2 white balance no manual control, so any chroma keying is kinda

a guess-n-game I do blue with a manual setting of the casio, and thesanyo i'll one day try again the aipteks but failure will occure.

3. daylight shotingto the sun will be darker, not grainy unless you show us shots we can only say maybe a defect?

I am unertain why you may have certain trouble, and that I can only appologise, on my behalf but that's Aiptek for you. sorry

4 box Aiptek older style 300 series, aiptek pocket dv5300 and action Hd also if overseas they will box certain models, today it is a theft protection box

Buldozer wrote:
Quote:
Hey guys, minutes ago I got my first Aiptek A-HD+ too.
Ordered it from the USA and I hope that I will not have any problems with it as jra111 was having since a return will be impossible in my case.

Thanks to fishycomics for all the help I got from his videos and here on the forum.

Here is a video that I made with my photo-camera after I received the Aiptek: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPgeq1L-fPU&fmt=1

I have only shot two videos using the A-HD+ so far. Used the small amount of energy that was in the brand new battery for that.

I noticed that this camcorder makes the videos pretty grainy in the sunlight and EXTREMELY grainy in low light conditions. Is this normal?
I mean, maybe it is for the low light, but what about the sunlight shots?
Any settings or optimizations for reducing the grainy noise? Maybe it has something to do with the exposure?

Also, under Tungsten light the A-HD+ can not catch the green of my greenscreen.
It tapes it grey, yellow or red.
Pretty much every other color, except for green.
Tried to mess with the White balance a lot but there was no positive result.

Also I feel that colors are not very saturated. Is there a settigns for correcting this?

This is what I have noticed so far.
Thanks for reading and (eventually) answering my questions.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2008, 1:05 PM   #153

OK, here are two sample videos, shot at sunset.

Resolution is Full HD (1080p).
White balance is set to Auto.
Exposure is set to -1.

I think that the videos are very blurry and very grainy.
What do you think, guys?
Or maybe this is normal quality for the A-HD+ ??? :? :? :?

VIDEO 1: http://rapidshare.com/files/134361811/FILE0016.MOV.html

VIDEO 2: http://rapidshare.com/files/134362199/FILE0017.MOV.html

Comment, please.
Buldozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2008, 3:47 PM   #154

Buldozer:

when you film are you sure you are on infinity the switch to the lenses side?

A we tend to hit that by mistake

B only works for up to 28 inchs Only no closer.

As you are filming, the shakiness of your recording does not quite stay in focus like you said, it is not fixed at all. The video its elf seems to be fine but not the focus, something to me is not quite right

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Vid one possably you are walking and the motion of recording is too fast.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"vid two is normal

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I recommend you take the time to relaxe and do a slow real slow pan or walk a lot slower and film. andlets se if that helps out

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I do see that it is blurry and not normal goingdown to hd 60Fps wil not help, just film and take extra time.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"also do sign up to vimeo.com a excellent site. for Hd uploading

Buldozer wrote:
Quote:
OK, here are two sample videos, shot at sunset.

Resolution is Full HD (1080p).
White balance is set to Auto.
Exposure is set to -1.

I think that the videos are very blurry and very grainy.
What do you think, guys?
Or maybe this is normal quality for the A-HD+ ??? :? :? :?

VIDEO 1: http://rapidshare.com/files/134361811/FILE0016.MOV.html

VIDEO 2: http://rapidshare.com/files/134362199/FILE0017.MOV.html

Comment, please.
Old Aug 2, 2008, 4:05 PM   #155

Thanks, Fishy.

The two videos are shot with the same settings and with a time interval of 30 seconds between each other.
It is just that in the second video I am shooting against the sun (or the sunset to be more precise).

I guess that the grainyness of the video has a lot to do with my firmware version.

What is hte newest firmware version for the Aiptek A-HD+ ?
My current version is: V1.501 / April, 30, 2008

I read somewhere on this forum that upgrading to the the newest A-HD+ firmware will slightly improve the sound quality but will totally screw up the video and will add tons of eye-popping chroma noise to it.

So, if my videos already turn out with tons of noise, is it a good idea to upgrade to the newest firmware and add even MORE noise to my videos?
Or maybe I do have the newest firmware, and this is the reason why my video quality is so screwed up?

What do you think?
Old Aug 2, 2008, 4:15 PM   #156

you are on the latest believe it i am on 1.401

it hurts that the new one is adjusted for unknown fixes

when you shoot to the sun all will be dark when thesu in back will be brighter we know that.

the low light is better on the A-HD and the Plus not as good.

you have both models and can see it clearly with side by side filming

so depending on the upside and downside you have to give something for something and that sux

Buldozer wrote:
Quote:
Thanks, Fishy.

The two videos are shot with the same settings and with a time interval of 30 seconds between each other.
It is just that in the second video I am shooting against the sun (or the sunset to be more precise).

I guess that the grainyness of the video has a lot to do with my firmware version.

What is hte newest firmware version for the Aiptek A-HD+ ?
My current version is: V1.501 / April, 30, 2008

I read somewhere on this forum that upgrading to the the newest A-HD+ firmware will slightly improve the sound quality but will totally screw up the video and will add tons of eye-popping chroma noise to it.

So, if my videos already turn out with tons of noise, is it a good idea to upgrade to the newest firmware and add even MORE noise to my videos?
Or maybe I do have the newest firmware, and this is the reason why my video quality is so screwed up?

What do you think?
Old Aug 2, 2008, 4:35 PM   #157

From what I've read and watched, it looks like the camea produces MUCH sharper and less noisy video with the older A-HD+ firmware versions.

Can we write a letter to Aiptek and tell them that no body cares about better sound quality when the video looks 10 times worse than with the old firmware?

What is the point of totally screwing up something that works for the sake of "repairing" a thing that no body cares about?

As for Vimeo - yeah, I know the site but I prefer Rapidshare because you can see every detail this way. In my case - the noise.
Vimeo has an HD function, but I amnot sure if the video is in its real resolutin.
Think that the site sizes it down, killing lots of the smaller details.
I could be wrong, of course.

Here is a daylight video.
I shot it this afternoon while the sun was really, really bright.
Even though the sun was blindingly bright and there was an abundance of light, you can still see tons of noise in the video.
And it is SO blurry!
Jesus Christ, it is more blurry than the videos my crappy photo camera produces.

VIDEO: http://rapidshare.com/files/13440018...E0007.MOV.html

Old Aug 2, 2008, 4:43 PM   #158

fishy, ive been playing with magix movie edit pro 14 plus and just can't get it to export any video file in widescreen 16:9 it exports some videos look pretty close to the original hd under uncompressed avi but it is 4:3 aspect ratio. ive tried to export it in almost all formats, they all come out as 4:3 square tv instead of widescreen any advice?
Old Aug 2, 2008, 4:45 PM   #159

and yes i made sure the movie setting and export was set to 16:9 help please thanks!
Old Aug 2, 2008, 5:03 PM   #160

watched your video file11 shot in 1080, I loaded it onto my sdcard and watched it on my sony hdtv looks fine to me except the camera movement is what might be causing the motion blurr, try 720p60f for those kinds of camera movements. video looks in focus to me, you might have to simply hold the camera more steadily
Buldozer wrote:
Quote:
From what I've read and watched, it looks like the camea produces MUCH sharper and less noisy video with the older A-HD+ firmware versions.

Can we write a letter to Aiptek and tell them that no body cares about better sound quality when the video looks 10 times worse than with the old firmware?

What is the point of totally screwing up something that works for the sake of "repairing" a thing that no body cares about?

As for Vimeo - yeah, I know the site but I prefer Rapidshare because you can see every detail this way. In my case - the noise.
Vimeo has an HD function, but I amnot sure if the video is in its real resolutin.
Think that the site sizes it down, killing lots of the smaller details.
I could be wrong, of course.

Here is a daylight video.
I shot it this afternoon while the sun was really, really bright.
Even though the sun was blindingly bright and there was an abundance of light, you can still see tons of noise in the video.
And it is SO blurry!
Jesus Christ, it is more blurry than the videos my crappy photo camera produces.

VIDEO: http://rapidshare.com/files/13440018...E0007.MOV.html