Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 2, 2008, 5:35 PM   #161

1 Vimeo will play back flash, vimeo will allow direct download in raw format rather to rapidshare only downloading nothing more one try wait hours to reload.

His technique is way to much excitement we need to SLOW IT DOWN. if not then theshots are a total waste .

As for FW Aiptek may or may not tweak video but it hurts like hell reason why I no longer bother, tehy will decide their fate.

[line]

Fresh I loaded the tut and dam site once on and edited bye bye

so I shall say make sure when saving.

that you have everything checked. even make sure in advance it says pixal squares, or 16:9

at the beginning when it asks you what to do

choose what you want , also at the export make sure in advance you are set as well pixal squares or 16:9

freshkleensucks wrote:
Quote:
watched your video file11 shot in 1080, I loaded it onto my sdcard and watched it on my sony hdtv looks fine to me except the camera movement is what might be causing the motion blurr, try 720p60f for those kinds of camera movements. video looks in focus to me, you might have to simply hold the camera more steadily
Buldozer wrote:
Quote:
From what I've read and watched, it looks like the camea produces MUCH sharper and less noisy video with the older A-HD+ firmware versions.

Can we write a letter to Aiptek and tell them that no body cares about better sound quality when the video looks 10 times worse than with the old firmware?

What is the point of totally screwing up something that works for the sake of "repairing" a thing that no body cares about?

As for Vimeo - yeah, I know the site but I prefer Rapidshare because you can see every detail this way. In my case - the noise.
Vimeo has an HD function, but I amnot sure if the video is in its real resolutin.
Think that the site sizes it down, killing lots of the smaller details.
I could be wrong, of course.

Here is a daylight video.
I shot it this afternoon while the sun was really, really bright.
Even though the sun was blindingly bright and there was an abundance of light, you can still see tons of noise in the video.
And it is SO blurry!
Jesus Christ, it is more blurry than the videos my crappy photo camera produces.

VIDEO: http://rapidshare.com/files/13440018...E0007.MOV.html

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2008, 5:48 PM   #162

thanks for the reply,
ya i made sure, for this particular video i chose 1080i at 16:9 as well as the export yet the video comes out to 4:3 every time i wonder what im doing wrong, just about to give up on editing this camera footage all together :angry:
freshkleensucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2008, 6:20 PM   #163

http://vimeo.com/1455364

frsh Stevesforum has a glitch again LOL

1440x11080 is not 16"9 is it? I believe its 4"3 and aiptek A-HD is widescreen not the Plus it is more acombo only on itshighest setting I said that a longtime ago.
Old Aug 2, 2008, 6:29 PM   #164

http://vimeo.com/1455414

here sorry bout the quality check it out let me know

always trying to be helpful

Old Aug 3, 2008, 9:40 AM   #165

Here is another sample video.
This time I uploaded it on Vimeo.
I don't know how you guys watch Vimeo videos in their full resolution because the site shrinks them down, but hope you can comment on my sample anyways.

This time I used a tripod, but the original picture is blurry and noisy as always.

Seems that it is not the motion blur that was causing the blurryness in my previous videos.
I also noticed that the "infinity" focus on these cameras is not what it is supposed to be.
Pay attention to the light poles of the stadium in the distance - they are very blurry.
Also notice the hills and rocks in the far distance. Blurry as well.
Notice the leaves of the tree neraby - blurry!
And I am not talking about the moment when i toyed with the macro/infinity toggle.

The only thing that is so-and-so sharp is the roof of the house nearby.
So, it turns out that this camera has a fixed focus that works best at 10 meters of distance.
Get closer than 10 meters to your object and you will have a blurry picture.
Get more than 10 meters away from the object and you will have blur again.

I also noticed that the sound quality is beyond poor too. All you can hear is very strong hiss (you can hear it in the sample video) and if you are more than 2 feet away from the camera, you can forget about recoring speech.
The hiss is totally overbearing your voice.

VIDEO: http://www.vimeo.com/1457760
Buldozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2008, 9:58 AM   #166

Remove private must make public.

i would love to comment tell you somewthing is wrongetc until we see private turn to Public:G

never upset

1. vimeo is a flash base no site is HD quality direct, unless you ahve BANDWIDTH:G

2. The Hybrid cam's are Excellent starter cams, beginner cams, modification cams, NOT for a professional that have their minds already set to say it is a toy.

3 a replacement cam, a substitute cam or a toss cam meaning if I break it lose it and destroy it , I will not mind the 100 dollars USC lost I sure hell if it was my cannon rebel or 3000.00 usc , or damaginga expensive lens.

Buldozer wrote:
Quote:
Here is another sample video.
This time I uploaded it on Vimeo.
I don't know how you guys watch Vimeo videos in their full resolution because the site shrinks them down, but hope you can comment on my sample anyways.

This time I used a tripod, but the original picture is blurry and noisy as always.

Seems that it is not the motion blur that was causing the blurryness in my previous videos.
I also noticed that the "infinity" focus on these cameras is not what it is supposed to be.
Pay attention to the light poles of the stadium in the distance - they are very blurry.
Also notice the hills and rocks in the far distance. Blurry as well.
Notice the leaves of the tree neraby - blurry!
And I am not talking about the moment when i toyed with the macro/infinity toggle.

The only thing that is so-and-so sharp is the roof of the house nearby.
So, it turns out that this camera has a fixed focus that works best at 10 meters of distance.
Get closer than 10 meters to your object and you will have a blurry picture.
Get more than 10 meters away from the object and you will have blur again.

I also noticed that the sound quality is beyond poor too. All you can hear is very strong hiss (you can hear it in the sample video) and if you are more than 2 feet away from the camera, you can forget about recoring speech.
The hiss is totally overbearing your voice.

VIDEO: http://www.vimeo.com/1457760
Old Aug 3, 2008, 11:48 AM   #167

freshkleensucks wrote:
Quote:
thanks for the reply,
ya i made sure, for this particular video i chose 1080i at 16:9 as well as the export yet the video comes out to 4:3 every time i wonder what im doing wrong, just about to give up on editing this camera footage all together :angry:
Old Aug 3, 2008, 12:26 PM   #168

Thanks, Fishy.
With an HD camera that cheap, I can't be upset.
Just trying to point out some issues I am having with it.
Trying to figure out if they all have those problems or is it just mine.

I think I managed to make the video Public.
HERE: http://www.vimeo.com/1457760
Old Aug 3, 2008, 1:43 PM   #169

Bull................

1. who sold you the Aiptek?

2 contact that company not Aiptek,and request a new one

3 when you make aclip make sure you make one with absolute no movement of YOU the cam, if the blurriness occures then you deffently gota maulfunctioned device,

the blurr in/out is not normal firmware or hardware , it is adefect.

4. otherwise all else looks good the adjustment isdue to sun positioning etc.............

5 when I made those aqusations comments whatever, they were not directed to you but general

a professional would never go cheap.

Buldozer wrote:
Quote:
Thanks, Fishy.
With an HD camera that cheap, I can't be upset.
Just trying to point out some issues I am having with it.
Trying to figure out if they all have those problems or is it just mine.

I think I managed to make the video Public.
HERE: http://www.vimeo.com/1457760
Old Aug 3, 2008, 2:28 PM   #170

Fishy, the blur in-and-out was caused by ME.

I was testing the infinity / macro toggle.
As I said in the original post, I am not worried about this because I am the one who is manually causing it!

I am concerned by the overall blurryness of the video, though.
Tell me that producing a video that blurry is normal for these cameras.
There's no sharpness in those vids.

As for the heavy noise & blur in low light, here is a new video, shot at sunset (it was not that dark as it appears in the video!).

I doubt it that you will be able to see anything of the noise on Vimeo, but if there is a way to download the raw file, please do!
Can't judge the small details from a converted video.

Man, there's TONS of noise and zero definition in this vid.

HERE'S THE NEW SAMPLE (PSEUDO LOW LIGHT): http://vimeo.com/1459696