Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 3, 2008, 3:01 PM   #171

No light gets no video lighton the object gets your video I said that since day one:G

This is a beginners, desposable , modders dream cam. It is a great PC CAM, outdoor day light device. One time we could not believe the MPVr had all the features of multi task units in one

webcam, mp3 player, vid, still, voice, pic bridging, card storage, and best ever portable medea player.

Today we are so happy for HD quality. Not sure if there is a perfect working model of ANY company out there.

Video is the Primary, and fine tuning it asking for each and every pixal :G. not gonna happen on " A BUDGET CAM" you do not have any control of white balance , EV setting, sharpness , and more. We wished we did.

These cams are great hand me down, again give to a younger, elder person, they do not care in the world about each and every grain, as long as they have that moment captured. reason saying, when I did my review or red wing vid. I was lucky to capture , the American eagle. If I were to go through every setting, like in my sanyo xacti. I miss a lot of shots.

I do hear you , I do understand the pain. We all want a perfect model, and it is super hard to decide what is the best. the A-HD may be the better model, while the A-HD+ is an octive off but offers more. so sacrafricing a little for a lot. is a decision one must make. we learn and we are happy at the end

Again the video in a low level light will work fine if you accept what you are filming. the samples are best to learn.

I am not a pro, I am just an average person, learning like the rest.

take the time not to Pann fast take the time to usesoftware to correct the lighting etc. a member here showed us, and a total dark shot exposed the deer.

remember also HDavc is super hard to work with as well.

I am using now Sony vegas again andfoolingwith what I thought was an update vegas 9 a trial. still does not offer HD uality

a video I saved 4 gig rendering ina HD program hopefully be 300 meg when done and that's a 1 minute plus clip:G

Buldozer wrote:
Quote:
Fishy, the blur in-and-out was caused by ME.

I was testing the infinity / macro toggle.
As I said in the original post, I am not worried about this because I am the one who is manually causing it!

I am concerned by the overall blurryness of the video, though.
Tell me that producing a video that blurry is normal for these cameras.
There's no sharpness in those vids.

As for the heavy noise & blur in low light, here is a new video, shot at sunset (it was not that dark as it appears in the video!).

I doubt it that you will be able to see anything of the noise on Vimeo, but if there is a way to download the raw file, please do!
Can't judge the small details from a converted video.

Man, there's TONS of noise and zero definition in this vid.

HERE'S THE NEW SAMPLE (PSEUDO LOW LIGHT): http://vimeo.com/1459696
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2008, 7:48 PM   #172

^ Thanks, Fishy.
It is good to know that this is the normal quality for this camera.
Yes, it does make sense that a cheap camera will not produce top quality video.
At first I thought that only mine was having those issues with the blurry picture and the heavy chroma noise.

Still the sound quality is something that should be much better, even on a cheapo camera.
After all the majority of people are buying these to capture interesting moments of their lives.
If it is the 4-th of July and your kid is going to perform a song infront of the Mayor, don't videotape it with an A-HD+!
You won't memorize much of the singing except for the heavy hiss, produced by the camera. :roll:

PS:
Have to try your external microphone mod.
Buldozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2008, 4:46 AM   #173

I made a number of vids I learned to take my otherhybrid with me as well and peice part together aftwards red wing Expidition is a vid in vimeo

also I have no complaints with the st paul irish dancers with a loudspeaker playing.

but when you thevoice with no amplification , I totally have to agree a failure

Buldozer wrote:
Quote:
^ Thanks, Fishy.
It is good to know that this is the normal quality for this camera.
Yes, it does make sense that a cheap camera will not produce top quality video.
At first I thought that only mine was having those issues with the blurry picture and the heavy chroma noise.

Still the sound quality is something that should be much better, even on a cheapo camera.
After all the majority of people are buying these to capture interesting moments of their lives.
If it is the 4-th of July and your kid is going to perform a song infront of the Mayor, don't videotape it with an A-HD+!
You won't memorize much of the singing except for the heavy hiss, produced by the camera. :roll:

PS:
Have to try your external microphone mod.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 4:59 PM   #174

http://cgi.ebay.com/Aiptek-A-HD-1080...QQcmdZViewItem

I always keep an eye out, missed a good one, and thought I point outa ebayer used our vids. not new to me, LOl enjoy
Old Aug 8, 2008, 10:21 AM   #175

Here is a new test video: http://vimeo.com/1491442

This time it was shot in VERY bright sunlight but with the exposure of the camera set to minimum (-2).
The quality is relatively OK this time.
Looks OK in full resolution too.

Buldozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2008, 4:27 PM   #176

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
1440x11080 is not 16"9 is it? I believe its 4"3
1440x1080 is 16:9 ..

it's what's known as Anamorphic HD, it uses non-square pixels at 1.33:1 (the pixels themselves not the image ratio) which effectively stretches it to the same area as 1920x1080 i.e (1.33x1440)x(1.0x1080)=1920x1080.
Wowcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2008, 5:30 PM   #177

i knew it! also figured out that when u add 1440x1080 clips in magix movie edit u can right click on it after its on the timeline and choose object properties and change it from 4:3 to 16:9 right there and now it export as 16:9 instead of 4:3!!!!!!
Wowcow wrote:
Quote:
fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
1440x11080 is not 16"9 is it? I believe its 4"3
1440x1080 is 16:9 ..

it's what's known as Anamorphic HD, it uses non-square pixels at 1.33:1 (the pixels themselves not the image ratio) which effectively stretches it to the same area as 1920x1080 i.e (1.33x1440)x(1.0x1080)=1920x1080.
freshkleensucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2008, 4:02 AM   #178

will try that in magix. i set at the beginning for my size. we'l see. just that it looked different, not into deep details :G

Old Sep 12, 2008, 8:20 PM   #179

I'm not sure if this should have been in a new thread but here it goes.

Last month, I videotaped an event at the Revere Beach and for some reason the vocals in this particular video sounds low. I'm thinking that the mics were too low because it was never that bad before but did anyone ever experience similar problem?

It's currently on YouTube and once I get my pro account from Vimeo, I will upload the original file that is around 37 minutes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqUaz5-eebw&fmt=18

I've shot bands with a Sony Z1u for a TV station and I would have definitely preferred to use that for this event.

Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2009, 5:53 AM   #180

hello, and first sorry for my poor english:roll:

I've searched on the forum but found no answer...

I'm searching an affordable HD camcorder to record video sequences with an helmet camera, even on D1 quality ( my camera has 580line )

old 6800 series from aiptek had av-in , even on european version, but as the HD came , there is no one product in europe with Avin....

So an A-HD+ ( maybe the AHD 300? ) haveAVin specified in data sheet, even otherl version of HD aiptek camcorder have AVin...but what is the european model corresponding with him...?

so, how acivate the functiun on european version and what european version can be upgraded/activated with AV-in

best regards
be_late is offline   Reply With Quote