Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 12, 2009, 7:06 PM   #191

only Aiptek can tell us what they did

to FW?

HW can be just that, there is info in the FW

hat means nothing and HW is just that.

sound was adjusted video was tweaked

I preferre the 1.4 over the newer. some

claimed placing a lenscap snapping a pic

shows artifacts on frame

funkydmunky wrote:
Quote:
Thanks fishy. Sorry about ther pic size's. It let me post them no problem, then the later pics it said were too large so I made them smaller. Not sure why it allowed the first ones to go through. :?

Yes the cams seem to be a full stop worse as far as low light goes. I found upping the exposure 1-2 notches makes for a equal image. This I believe has come at the cost of a higher rez imager. Even when both cams (AHD & AHD+) are set to 720p30 the AHD+ is capturing more detail. The 1080p mode captures even more detail then the 720p30 mode (within 50 feet anyway) which is a feet with these little crap len's

Of the 5 cams I got:
4 have:

V1.900
HW:C, Panel:AUO(VJ)
June 25 2008

1 has:
V1.404
HW: X5
April 11 2008

Anyone know what the HW: stands for (Hard Ware?)

I will do some video tests to see what the differance between V1.404 and V1.900 are. Didn't look like much.

Can one flash to an older firmware if desired?

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2009, 10:35 PM   #192

Hey gang.

I require a bit of clarity please. I am looking at purchasing one this week because I am going on my first real vacation and I figured it would be nice to have some video to record some memories of it.

I figured this might be nicer even if its not a high quality cam, if it can do some decent HD video, to capture my vacation in HD rather than just still shots.

I've found on a PC playing some sample clips that they play MUCH better in WMP than QT.

However all of your sample clips are camera sitting still. It would be interesting to see walking around, panning, basic home video style, not trying to be so professional on a tripod etc. Every video I see on youtube has serious tearing but your videos do not, but they are not moving.

Secondly, which one is the best? I am confused by all the naming.

Currently I see on Aiptek's site the following:
Action-HD GVS (249)
Action-HD (209)
A-HD+ (199)
Hi Speed 720p (169) etc...

I see you guys talking about A-HD versus A-HD+ are you talking about Action-HD (209) ?

I would really appreciate some bullet points on which is best or some sort of clarity.

Thanks so much!
Synced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2009, 1:20 PM   #193

@fishycomics

i have an Aiptek A-HD+ 1080P

its firmware version

Full: v1.501
Time: Apr 20 2008
Nand: HY27US081G2A
Bin: sd_v5vp.bin
Model: v5vp

is this latest firmware? if not where can i find the latest firmware? or which firmware is the best?

thank you.
yallawo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2009, 2:21 PM   #194

Aiptek said there is no such thing as FW. so it's best to ask them. I preferre to not flash what I foind pritty decent to mine. if they can justrasie the sound to a higher gain only I be set. otherwise when they ofer new FW they mess the video in everyway and the sound to.

yallawo wrote:
Quote:
@fishycomics

i have an Aiptek A-HD+ 1080P

its firmware version

Full: v1.501
Time: Apr 20 2008
Nand: HY27US081G2A
Bin: sd_v5vp.bin
Model: v5vp

is this latest firmware? if not where can i find the latest firmware? or which firmware is the best?

thank you.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 2:32 PM   #195

it is a difficult choice I use all of them except the hshd

if you're spending 250.00 I say lean to the sanyo HD100

if you want a cam for this or that reason I lean to the A-HD for lower level lighting, and longer battery life. but I would not pay those prices when this was offered down to 79.99 and back around 99.99

I cannot even begin to explain what the differences are

for a video to be unprofessional, is exactly like you mentioned, poor panning is a total turn off.

Synced wrote:
Quote:
Hey gang.

I require a bit of clarity please. I am looking at purchasing one this week because I am going on my first real vacation and I figured it would be nice to have some video to record some memories of it.

I figured this might be nicer even if its not a high quality cam, if it can do some decent HD video, to capture my vacation in HD rather than just still shots.

I've found on a PC playing some sample clips that they play MUCH better in WMP than QT.

However all of your sample clips are camera sitting still. It would be interesting to see walking around, panning, basic home video style, not trying to be so professional on a tripod etc. Every video I see on youtube has serious tearing but your videos do not, but they are not moving.

Secondly, which one is the best? I am confused by all the naming.

Currently I see on Aiptek's site the following:
Action-HD GVS (249)
Action-HD (209)
A-HD+ (199)
Hi Speed 720p (169) etc...

I see you guys talking about A-HD versus A-HD+ are you talking about Action-HD (209) ?

I would really appreciate some bullet points on which is best or some sort of clarity.

Thanks so much!
Old Jan 14, 2009, 6:35 PM   #196

Is there any of the A-HD still available at those prices anywhere? I would definitely buy one at that price.

What is the Sanyo better at in comparison? If the A-HD is in the 200 range, are those advantages worth the 50 bucks difference? Unless I can find a A-HD around 100 then maybe its worth that.

What I meant about panning was it would be good to see sample vids of "regular joe user usage" meaning a clip of some regular usage that normal users would be trying to use this.

Most people buy camcorders to video tape family events, vacations, trips, events etc and almost mostly this is done in their hand, not in a tripod and there is some unwanted movement.

I consider your samples reference samples for very technical reference scenarios, which is great and I thank you for that.

However sometimes cams really shine or fault in how good they do or how poor they do in common situations, less controlled.

Many Aiptek videos I have found outside yours showcase a ton of tearing when someone is panning the shot and carrying the cam in their hand etc.

I love your details btw.

Having a real diffult time deciding between the A-HD now and you put another option with the Sanyo in my head.

Gonna have to find some sample videos and compare.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 6:38 PM   #197

By the way I can't seem to find a sanyo HD100. Are you talking Sanyo HD1000? That looks like its 500 dollars.

Btw my prices on the Aipteks are USD just incase we are having currency confusions
Old Jan 14, 2009, 7:03 PM   #198

thank for the compliment. i do my bestto show others the funI have good or bad

No we are talking the sanyoHd 100 sold at walmart 199.99

I do enjoy the A-Hddoes a great job. wit hthe A-HD and Plus when snapping Pics just be relaxed takes a few secs to correctly snap due to electronic sound firing and machanical catching up.

the Hd100 model

Synced wrote: [/b]
Quote:
By the way I can't seem to find a sanyo HD100. Are you talking Sanyo HD1000? That looks like its 500 dollars.

Btw my prices on the Aipteks are USD just incase we are having currency confusions
Old Jan 14, 2009, 9:28 PM   #199

fishy,

I still can't seem to find the sanyo on ebay or amazon.

Where does the Sanyo HD100 have the advantage over the Aiptek?

I don't mind spending a little extra if its worth it.

Is the Sanyo HD100 perhaps the 700 or 800? I just can't seem to find any.

Thanks so much for the help so far!
Old Jan 15, 2009, 4:51 AM   #200

gotta love the site here.

I posted the Link I posted a pic

Synced wrote:
Quote:
fishy,

I still can't seem to find the sanyo on ebay or amazon.

Where does the Sanyo HD100 have the advantage over the Aiptek?

I don't mind spending a little extra if its worth it.

Is the Sanyo HD100 perhaps the 700 or 800? I just can't seem to find any.

Thanks so much for the help so far!