Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 7, 2010, 2:33 PM   #231

217, 223 posts here.

So i guess its a matter of time to one gets it. they keep me out of the loop.
Old May 7, 2010, 4:02 PM   #232

Quote:
Originally Posted by novolo View Post
omg my A-HD+ says odel number: V5VP

and your firmware appears to be for the V5VP!!!

and its 2.900 from 2009!!

how can i get that firmware??
I have no clue how to extract it from my AHD 300. Great would be to install an US version on mine to unlock the AV-IN jack (so far this is not done by a hardware jumper or similar).
CYBERYOGI =CO= Windler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2010, 5:36 AM   #233

Default Put firmware A-HD in Go-HD = OK ?

Hello, and sorry for my english !

I have Aiptek Go-HD (z300 in Europe).
Firmware 1.5
Is latest ?
Can i put a A-HD firmware in my Go-HD ?
(because in cam mode, color are only : yellow and pink !!!)
Play old vidéo = video color OK
Rec and play = video color in yellow and pink
Photo = video color OK

I want update the firmware to solve this problem.

Thanks
christ59520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2010, 11:56 AM   #234

A HD and Go-HD are not the same so to your question No.

I fooled with the MPVr and MPVr+ known as the Dv6800 and 8800. and firmwae acted funny.

So only , you will know when it loads or not.

you'll do two things , either have it work, or have only a cam that does not a thing. best to get teh correct firmware
Old Sep 10, 2010, 11:01 PM   #235

Default Aiptek V5VS (AHD200?): quick review

I just got another variant of the HD 720p on eBay (as defective for few EUR). The German trade name may be Aiptek AHD 200, but I am not sure. The name inside the battery compartment of the black case is "Model: V5VS". The screen door is labelled "AHD - More than you see".

It had a very odd defect. Although LEDs and charging worked normal, when turned on, the blue LED lit and I only got a black screen with white zoom bar and macro (flower) icon. After a second the lower screen half turned darker, it turned off (LED went out) and all started over again. Beside power on/off and screen swivel it responded on nothing else.

The vendor said it broke because it was dropped, so I dismantled it but everything looked normal

CAUTION: The flash capacitor immediately charges at about 300V when the camera is connected to battery or power supply. So discharge it through a large resistor (e.g. soldering iron mains plug) to prevent electric shock when you handle the PCB.

By closer inspection I discovered that the 2 solder joints between mainboard and optic PCB were loose and one side of its connector jack was cracked. Removing or replugging the optic PCB changed nothing in behaviour, but after I attempted to resolder the broken joints (those seemed to have rather a mechanical than electrical function) suddenly it came to life. I expect that either the damaged connector (2 rows of each 18 tiny contacts) got horizontally misaligned without solder or shreds of the torn and bent solder pad on the optic PCB had touched another trace and so made a shortcircuit on the data bus or the like.

mainboard = "PCB,M/B,V5V, REV:C -1080P, 59-454-01000-000"
CPU = "Ambarella, A2-A1-RH, P28378.OOS-1, 0732-TS, A250C" with green sticker "AA0810, 04010, 00000".
flash rom = "Samsung 737, K9F5608UQD, FCB0, TGF430P3" with small green sticker "V5VS, 2201" on a larger green sticker "... 2101".

Also this European variant unfortunately lacks AV-IN and has no MP3 player. There is a nightshot mode (doesn't jerk too bad), histogram and voice memo, but only 3 video modes and no VGA photo mode. A sticker on the battery lid mentions "720P 30fps", "8 MEGA Pixels", "Remote Control".

video modes:
HD (720P)
D1 (DVD)
CIF (Web)

photo modes:
3 M
5 M
8 M

Pressing the known button combination displays the following firmware info:

Code:
Full: V2.301
HW: A
Time: Mar 13 2008 09:58:05(?)
Nand: HY27US08561M
Bin: sd_v5v.bin
-
Lens: TB6512AF
Sensor: MT9P001
ROM: 6MB, DSP: 2048KB
Color Cal:1, Bp Cal:1
WB Cal:1
Lib: SDKA_20080226
-
Default Lang: ENGL
Num of Lang: 15
Model: V5VS
Maker: AIPTEK
USB: AIPTEK USB
The video on the TFT looks slightly blurred. I am not sure if this is a mechanical damage or firmware flaw. (I haven't compared it in detail yet.)
MAY THE SOFTWARE BE WITH YOU! *============================================================================* I CYBERYOGI Christian Oliver(=CO=) Windler I I (teachmaster of LOGOLOGIE - the first cyberage-religion!) I I ! I *=============================ABANDON=THE=BRUTALITY==========================* {http://weltenschule.de/e_index.html}

Last edited by CYBERYOGI =CO= Windler; Sep 10, 2010 at 11:09 PM.
CYBERYOGI =CO= Windler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2010, 6:32 PM   #236

In today's Sunday paper flyer, Kmart has the Aiptek A-HD+ on sale for $79.99. (Probably Sears too, since they're both the same company now.) They call it the "Aiptek A-HD 1080p camcorder".

A good price, but not a good camcorder. The A-HD+ is a 2008 model, and many superior camcorders have arrived on the market since then. Wait a month, and look for Black Friday sales on the Kodak Zi8 and other highly rated camcorders.
vwestlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2010, 6:46 PM   #237

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ56f7mYDlM

made me dig up one my fav clips