Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 17, 2008, 3:33 PM   #21

Same exact camera no metal casing. changingc olor schemes

kbayer wrote:
Quote:
Just curious -- is it also now made of metal (kinda like the xacti 700) -- or is it still plastic like the a-hd?

Thanks for the review!
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2008, 3:39 PM   #22

You have a direct download of a 60 fps?

You will also notice the tripods was not leveled?

SHowing a Cross bar may look like an optical illusion, which it is, will deffently show a scenerio.

Six Flags is opned, pay for my ticket I'll film a ride that spins for ya.:Gif we need more testing.

We can deffently say it is there. and it is your decision if it bothers you or not.

As also in the video was the end out of synch? second biggest issue. wait for the 3rd or fourth one coming up called

Low light review

Never complaining thank you

adric22 wrote:
Quote:
SR71, I was only referring to the video with the cars that was supposed to be in 60 fps, when I said it wasn't visable. Normally, in a 30 fps shot on a CMOS based camera you will see the cars look very slanted if they are moving very fast.

Yes.. the crossbar was very typical of rolling shutter, but that was a 30 fps clip.

See, running a camera at 60 fps should greatly reduce the rolling shutter (but not eliminate it) because the fames are being taken faster therefor objects in the frame won't be able to move as far between frames.

sr71 wrote:
Quote:
About the rolling shutter: if I understood, fishycomics says that there is this problem, while adric22 claims it isn 't visible.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 6:20 PM   #23

Audio is somewhat improved though still a little "hot" so under some conditions it could clip a bit. Thanks for the clips. I seem to recall my first GO HD didn't have a problem with sound but it showed up in the replacement.

I wonder how soon we'll see a Red hybrid camera now that they are launching a prosumer device? I suspect there would be a consumer model in-between though. :-)

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2008, 7:37 AM   #24

Well I finally looked at 1280x720 60fps and 720x480 60fps. Man, the 1280 kills computers! My pc at home, new one, can barely play it. I have seen many talking about this, any way to make this easier to play? The detail is very nice at 60 fps and very smooth. I thought one of these would be what I finally get for indy film making.
sandmanfvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2008, 11:56 AM   #25

What is your home PC? I use the QuickTime player. Good players will drop frames to keep up even on a slow machine. Make sure your drive isn't fragmented. I just replaced my D drive because it was running at 5-6 MB per second when it should have been doing more like 60-90.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2008, 10:19 PM   #26

Fishycomics, on you're Aiptek A-HD+1080p review on YouTube, I see a blue A-HD+. Does it come in a blue model or is that a firmware update to the original A-HD that gives it the extra HD options? I'm not on this site much so I'm sorry if this was already explained.
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2008, 5:17 AM   #27

Did you catch he review carefully and read the subtitle?
Old Apr 24, 2008, 4:28 PM   #28

Thank you for the review. Do you think it is possible to modify the A-HD+ so the camera and lens assembly is remotely separate from the body (but still connected via wires)? Or is it soldered directly to the large circuit board? Are there a lot of connections holding it together? Could you please post a high resolution version of the picture of the interior of the A-HD+ (the one here http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?i...8319666tu0.png)?
James~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2008, 5:09 AM   #29

Welcome Aboard James...

To get to the Inernals 5 outer and around 6 inner screws back board for controls a plug, inner sound/lens board a plug and soder point, the soder point In the inner side and not sure if it is for hte sound/sensor

hope the pic helps its not what you want but hey its a start

Old Apr 30, 2008, 6:24 PM   #30

Hey everyone, this is my first post. I love the review of the camera. Unfortunately, I missed the 150 sale at BB. I was wondering where else I can get the A-HD+ from other than Ebay and BB? I can't seem to find any other dealers. Can someone help me out? I really want this camera bad!

Dae
daewon is offline   Reply With Quote