Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 8, 2008, 7:56 PM   #31

http://www.vimeo.com/991922

Here is a perfect example of a outdoor concert or dance enjoy the 5 min video all i have to say for now
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2008, 10:50 PM   #32

Fishy, that is a private clip. Will you let us view it, please
Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2008, 4:53 AM   #33

I had to wait hours for it to load, and it this mourning says Public, I am sure it was not preivate, but Vimeo is funny at times with that. it is vieable thanks let me know if it is still private
Old May 9, 2008, 11:40 AM   #34

fishycomics wrote:
James~ wrote:
Quote:
Thank you for the review.¬* Do you think it is possible to modify the A-HD+ so the camera and lens assembly is remotely separate from the body (but still connected via wires)?(the one here http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?i...8319666tu0.png)?
Interesting idea, you would be able to make a turn plate like old cameras, with normal lens on one end and condensed 35mm lens adaptor on the other with better aperture, and swing between them.

Quote:
hope the pic helps its not¬* what you want but hey its a start

Fishy. I have a question

The module with the sensor looks separate and might have recordable output. Could you post closeup hires pictures of the camera module connections and where the traces from the connections go?

I have an idea, if the module is available and understandable you might be able to record uncompressed output to a computer, like they did with the reel-stream Andromeda conversion of the Panasonic HVX100/200 series. the output would be greatly improved, but probably not as good as HDMI recording of the Sony sr12 handycam. A basic portable system to record both would probably be around $1000. But I have specifically been trying to get hold of an embedded processor development system capable of recording this sort of thing, and hopefully will have it in the next 6 months. The cost will then likely be a few hundred dollars. But I am still considering other cameras.

Here is a little piece of information, the ambarella chip is very powerful, maybe powerful enough to give a Sony PSP a run for it's money. The chip might be programmable itself to do uncompressed recording in camera. This might not even be in the normal firmware, but programmed on chip at manufacture. I understand some people around here are interested in playing with the chip.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2008, 12:13 PM   #35

sandmanfvr wrote:
Quote:
Well I finally looked at 1280x720 60fps and 720x480 60fps.¬* Man, the 1280 kills computers!¬* My pc at home, new one, can barely play it.
We usually go to non quick time players for lots of extra performance, that either perform better and/or use third party codecs that work faster. Problem is that different ones work with different h264 formats supported by different cameras. But just ask around what people use. I have loaded media player classic, videolan, gom, powerdvd, (and quicktime and modern windows media player) to hopefully have one that works for each camera being reviewed.
Old May 9, 2008, 12:19 PM   #36

Forgot, latest ATI graphic cards have hardware acceleration of h264. I don't know if Nvidia now has this as well. But I have $69 ATI card on my cheap computer for this. I also don't know if many players use this feature.
Old May 9, 2008, 1:53 PM   #37

if and one day I reopen Ishall right now I am filming with a newer one ,lol
Old May 9, 2008, 5:45 PM   #38

while I sat down, and watched my short video of the st pauls irish girls. started out clear nad bright, it became dark, wonder if due to the positioning, of the sun, not worried at all. I if had my A-Hd I wonder if it be the same, as I know the sensors are not the same or are they?
Old May 9, 2008, 6:06 PM   #39

Fishy, if you look carefully you can see that the bright reflection from the front of the stage (which is at the lower left of your video) gradually becomes larger as your grip changes on the camera during the video. At one point that patch became bright enough to make your Automatic Exposure step down one increment - it looked like one whole f stop. I noticed this, and took it as a good thing that a bright object at the periphery was used in the exposure calculations:-)
Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2008, 6:46 PM   #40

thanks.

I am not upset in any way, very happy. the background was light if it was dark then I deffently not have a great shot.

I did my best not to tap my hand which I was through the whole song LOL yep could not help it a great tune.