Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 20, 2008, 7:29 PM   #51

LMAO:

too bad I left there, did my tour and had fun Bunker hill Minuteman, Salem, Plymouth falls river etc. would have been great t odo just that.

I agree that we have to place a higher exposure of 1 Decimal or incrament to get the same footage. I had said that before.

I also find it difficult to see on low lighting on the screen. I preferre my A-Hd, but left it home. so I am getting Used to doing all my filming on the A-HD+ . I keep at Paulo Teixeira wrote:
Quote:
My A-HD been through a hailstorm when I was in Sao Miguel, Azores so you'd think that it should produce worse looking lowlight images because of that alone but it's still better than my brand new A-HD+ when using the same setting. Either you have to have the exposure of the A-HD+ higher than A-HD to produce the same image or there is a design flaw with the new model.

In other words, I prefer the A-HD footage that I posted and yes it was on the same setting. When it's a very bright day, the A-HD+ is flawless.

Maybe someone around the Boston area can meet up with me when it's not bright outside so that we can have a shoot out between my A-HD+ and another A-HD+ just to see if all of them have the same problems.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2008, 11:21 PM   #52

http://www.vimeo.com/1066388

Here you go Jim, and others Enjoy,

I DL the trial of magix pro movie 14 plus not sure if and when I get to the movie files why it switchs the layout, and also asks for import or copy not sure if other stuff is the same or not Ijust had some fun with it.

Minnehaha falls (spelled wrong on the vids) great place to see well I am sure I was close to ya at Minnitonka
Old May 27, 2008, 6:22 AM   #53

http://www.vimeo.com/1071151

Grand rounds scenic byway bike and walking trail

Here is a video I put together, would have taken moret ime to do, ig I had a plan and will oneday. live and learn , I say.

As I started out, and gone a longthe trail I stoped , grabbed my footage etc, I had my cam on/off, at particular spots or areas, unexpected or nor planned, Iwas not fast enough to get the proper shots, one section I came around a couple with their dog off the leash chased me down LMAO, after the blades owner never saidsorry, for hisdawg. not caught on film.

canoe unexpected got it as it was passing ,a dog swimming in the water, had filmed 5 minutes not sure if I can see due to no thumbnail or remember film number or even filmed.

As I edited, the clips the first narration is at the beginning nice and loud my voice the second as good as the first, but the third is lower, and fourth too low,

it is said that if you are going to be in a enviorment that is noisy, windy loud you must raise your voice, and this holds true on other cams as well.

I had great fun doing this and had about 150 plus clips and pics and only use a smaller number, at the near end you see meskating with the cam if it was turned you wqould have seen this child come out of a walking trai with his bike, and he stopped in front of me, he was showing his next move to back up, I yelled to not move b/c I was making my next step, and was able to verbely tell him as well,

well glad or not if you enjoyed the Aip A-HD+ [email protected] fps video
Old May 27, 2008, 5:15 PM   #54

Has anyone tried the SunPak magnetic wide angle adapter for digital cameras? The local Fry's has them in stock and the Phoenix is often out of stock online. It looks like they would work and I think only $25. There are two models and one wants the large model since it accommodates the 27mm width of the barrel on the Aiptek cameras.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2008, 8:54 AM   #55

I have the large version of the Sunpak wide angle which I bought from Frys. I used it when I had the Sanyo HD700. It wasn't zoom-through (with the HD700) as the fuzzyness quickly became objectionable when applying zoom. The image was a little fuzzier even than the HD700 lens, but it was only noticeable at HD. I suggest you try it out first...

Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2008, 1:02 PM   #56

Thanks for your info. I was also thinking this might just be a rebranded Phoenix or the Phoenix is a rebranded Sunpak or they're both rebranded something. :-) I don't use zoom with the A-HD+ as it is only digital but the lens has less of a wide field at 1080p than at 720p so that's why I wanted to add one. I often use a wide angle with my Sony HC1 and get better video. In that case it is Sony's own adapter.

Old May 28, 2008, 3:46 PM   #57

I picked it up but they had only one there and it looks like someone bought it and then returned it. It will be going back as apparently the unit is supposed to come with two mounting rings and you select the correct one and using the adhesive on it seal it to the lens mount. It looks like someone put the inner mount on this so it won't fit over the barrel of the Aiptek and without it would. The Aiptek barrel is not that magnetic (probably mostly aluminum) so you have to use some other way of mounting it (I think Fishy went into that with the Phoenix in a post). However holding the lens to the camera it appears it would work just fine once mounted. This is the Sunpak CAM-2110 model.

Old May 28, 2008, 5:47 PM   #58

Here is a pic using Lunapic.com

this picture will not be able to reproduce if the blossems are gone it was a real colorful scene, as well as this video, I just had to slow it down to save the moment.

I be sitting on the side and sipping some ice tea or lemonade enjoying that precious moment oh so relaxing.......................................... .

http://www.vimeo.com/1081265white blossems

http://www.vimeo.com/1081461Slowed down

Old May 29, 2008, 10:04 AM   #59

Great videos Fishy, nice to se its warmed up enough for the trees to finally blossem.
Good to see you missed the Tornado on the north side of the cities. It just missed
my mothers home in Coon Rapids tearing apart the neighbors trees and roof.

JimKallinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2008, 3:37 PM   #60

yes I seen the clouds, heard the funny siren, and went out grocery shopping , and came back to hear one passed 20 miles north. the day prior we went by Lino lake went to Duluth MN gotsome vid to make of a brdige lol BRRRR cold was gonna dip in the lake but nah

thanks

maybe I'll get down, if the weather goes good to RED WING place of eagles, I shipped my bettercam the sanyo home oh well digital zoom it is LOL