Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 14, 2008, 5:37 PM   #1

VIdeo Review Click ME

http://www.livevideo.com/video/fishy...i-def-cam.aspxlive video

On sale 139.99 one week only

rolling shutter, audio, and edited vid synch video

http://vimeo.com/907086 video review click it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNH-6jwKbQwLow light video

*Important info*

Sound Improvement

Vid and aud synch issues further testing the vid/Aud

can comment on editing will throw off the voice on the video ,while watching the raw footage, looks near perfect, possable to pc speed?

Welcome to another great review Please read the review of the

Aiptek A-HD here. THe A-Hd Plus is identical, and no need to repeat information, thank you.

Lets get started. Out of the Box, and on the site Aiptek.com you'll find the full detail, and missing informatin there, that Aiptek leaves out.
1440 x 1080 Pixels (H.264) up to 30 fps (2x)
1280 x 720 Pixels (H.264) up to 60 fps

1280x720 pixal (H264 ) up to 30 fps
720 x 480 Pixels (D1) up to 60 fps
352 x 240 Pixels (CIF) up to 30 fps
Av input 640x480 stereo

Most Guests, and members, ask this question, " What is the best resolution?" Today we ask way to much out of these "ECONOMY HYBRIDS".

We now ask " How will the sound be of the newer ones"

This is a Pc Portable media player/recorder, made in Japan, reased April 8th 2006 @ 199.99 and now on sale ,139.99 selling for 169.99 at local stores.

Colors they come in are Silver, and soon to see targets own color Black, possably blue, red would be the final color to finish off this series.

VIdeo:

1440x1080 1080P up to 30 fps . are for Hi def 1080P sets today, while 1280x720 up to 30 fps are for Hi def 720P sets as well,

While adding a faster frame rate of up to 60 fps Aiptek says "perfect for sports & fast action events" Some members will try their hardest to prove Aiptekwrong. We are the testers , the consumer. our feed back counts and today we may just have that edge , so with out further adew. here is a sample we like to call

Low Light video review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNH-6jwKbQw

Low light , the A-HD+low light may need to improve , depending on your lighting, something being sacrafriced 1080P for low light etc,,, Aiptek goes onestep foward, two steps backwards

"ROLLING SHUTTER"

0. rolling shutter a cross bar spinning perfect example click me dor direct downloadfrom megaupload

1. side view of a parkway, video link click me1280x720 HD

2 side view close up of the parkway video link click me1280x720 hd

1. Waters edge 1440x1080 res Click me 50 plus meg 1 minute long of the water Direct download from megaupload

2 waters edge 1280x720 60fres click me 1 minute video driect link from megaupload

3 waters edge1280x720 30fres click me 1 minute video direct download from megaupload

4. waters edge720x480 60f res click me 1 minute video direct from megaupload

5. av input 640x480 res click me 30 sec clip direct linf from megaupload

6. 720x480 up to 60 fps-to 30fps edited with mages pro editer 12 click me

My observation. the A-Hd will need to be run on a fast machine view Aiptek.com for their recommendation of 3.0 or higher. the sound is improved.

For those who are having trouble, with a slower speed pc, the pkg software of total media extreme is given for convertion. You may try their deinterlaced video player, which will still show he video poorly, and you may try opening a different player, like windows media player, that will act like a slow motion video. Those who are experienced will know what to do, and those who are not will be miss out. The video itself may look good, may sound good, may play good, that is your decision if it is good. I preferre to stick with the Aiptek A-HD at this time, and will further test the hybrid.

For those, that need to decide on the A-HD, or A-HD+, the A-Hd+ has the orginal 1280x720 @30f. [email protected] and [email protected]with an addition of [email protected], and [email protected] The A-HD+ will be able to work on different types of speeds of a pc.

Battery life of Aipteks spec 70 minutes , depending on video , pic settings

The Interior of the Aiptek A-HD plus.

Only difference seen on the motherboard , would be the chip, and a lot of inspection names, same mic, speaker etc, if asked.

the hybred has a lithium clock battery, if forany reason your cam does stop working (hint) interior battery died.

Additional improvement, a 1200 mah battery giving you just a little edge on the 1000 one. You may opt for the 1800 series and modify the battery door,or for the price grab a few off a online store , and have triple the life.

AIptek also cleaned up the firmware to give you 90 mb of internal memory, while the orginal had 5 mbenough for5 secs of vid ora few pics, they added 30 secs of video with the latest firmware 2.002

Speaking of firmware:

Full: V1.200

HW 5 MAr 14 2008 22"06 15 languages (not 5 or 9)

model V5VP

to check it , I found it a little more difficult to do Mode once then mode and backspace, if not play on the lcd. Do not flash theunit, it is possable, if flash just shut down.

The controls, and features etc are all the same and again can befound in the A-Hd topic.

I am sure there are manyunanswered questions, and other topics with info that will confuse you. Just take thetime to read in here and ask away.

The Action HD, and the A-HD Plus are the exact same hybrids of the A-HD, and Go-HD.

Software:

prefrence , if you preferre to use the software that comes with the hybrid called Arcsoft total media extreme, same version as the older camera, no difference. or use other 3rd parties.

I am using magix pro editer very efeective program , and happy. Would this help out if I still purchase. all depends on the time you are going to put into this?
Thank you for viewing and any comments, suggestions or complaints are welcomed.

a video review soon to follow.

onclusion:

Owning quite a few Models, and must give ample time. I can deffently comment on a few things

1. Depending on your Pc or Mac, for the A-HD+ they offer you a few options. This is great b/c you can still Film in [email protected] and have the option for [email protected] 60fps, if the hybrid/pc/both offer hesitation.

2. Rolling Shutter, has been in the Aiptek, and Filming for a long period, and never became an issue to me, as long as I am filming, I am happy.

3. Audio we're not on a stage, in front of an amp, will work just fine mono/mono, and stereo av input, most my film are edited, as in my reviews here they are filmed with the Aiptek and sanyo. The Sound may be just a little softer with the "SAME MIC" if Feedback is present. use editing software.

4. Body style I am used to, and not liking a Macro/infinit switch, a WIDE ANGLE can be substituted in its place, but a locking tab is needed. Those who place in the pockets will understand why their shots are ruined. Mine is desabled

5. Battery, and file. 70 minutes, I now would like to see a extended battery and Door, files ize is kept still to a smalle rsize, and now is becoming larger. Very happy i can still work with a 2 gig card, and get all my shots on there with a single batery.

6. Editing software. learning Arcsoft is not hard, and using many programs befor, I find it very helpful, and worth its weight in gold for the 2.99 offered . where can you get that elsewhere?

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 14, 2008, 7:32 PM   #2

left for future info:

Sound:

In the above video, sound isimportant as well. somevideos, the sound is low, a little low, too low, and just right.

A. on top of the camera, the sound is fine B. 3 feet, the sound is fine C 8 feet it is low D in the wind it is alright E smothering the unit with a pillow is perfect,mnimal Feedback All depending on yourfilming, thechoice again is yours , yo decide

Low light:

As noted http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNH-6jwKbQw the low light depends on how you film, and how you set up a device, it is clearly present, noise, and a poor senser. As the camera was tested, with the battery removed due to low battery, replaced with Aipteks1000MAH which fitted loosely, caused this excellent maulfunction. can it be duplicated , Yes it can that is one defect for the record. In my filming will I trust the A-Hd Plus, or keep to filming with the A-Hd orginal. I believe onestep foward, two steps backwward, sacrafricing poor light for1080p the choice is yours?

Vid/aud issues:

As testing is needed, for live footage, I am not 100%sure if we have an issue. when Editing, it is clearly there. will have to use Arcsoft total media and examine closely. further testing needed

Rolling Shutter:

I have examined Closely , and can see this effect, as i am not seeing the aregulium (spell me) , the rainbow lines. I am deffently concerned on the rainbow lines. so I can deffently conclude with the above video , that the choice is yours to decide

Old Apr 14, 2008, 10:00 PM   #3

I mentioned some time ago looking through the firmware updates with a hex editor that there was reference to 1080p recording. I suspect it is just a matter of turning it on and making proper adjustments to other parts of the firmware such as IO and maybe a little hardware tweaking.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2008, 4:24 AM   #4

There is a newer chip inside, we can only guess this.

If the chip is the same, Yes, firmware, andwriting will do the trick.

If the Chip is different, which it is, then we cannot write and tell the device to boost more powere.

There was a member who had some info awhile back with the MPVr and mentions about Interpolation that can be writen from 3.meg-to-11 meg.

My Observation on owning these
Old Apr 15, 2008, 9:30 AM   #5

If movie number 6 on your samples is the 720x480x60fps mode.. I have to say I'm pretty disappointed in Aiptek again.. There is no way.. let me repeat NO WAY that the resolution of that video is 720x480. It has been scaled up to that resolution from something smaller, probably 320x240 if I had to guess.

I will admit that the rolling shutter is not noticable to me here, which is good. I looked really hard and didn't see it. But it is pretty sad that you can't get any higher image detail at the same time.

Unless the editing had something to do with it.. I guess I should see a few more samples.
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2008, 2:30 PM   #6

As I am aware, I may have loaded , the wrong files, due to Aipteks iformation on their site. The videos were supposed to be 4, not 5 sizes, and did not realize you have three Hd settings.

If you would like a edited video again, I be very happy to do so?

No. 6. I am sure this is something you may do if you have the programs, edit one and see if works out. reason why they are direct downloads , right:ideapositive) thought

adric22 wrote:

Quote:
If movie number 6 on your samples is the 720x480x60fps mode.. I have to say I'm pretty disappointed in Aiptek again.. There is no way.. let me repeat NO WAY that the resolution of that video is 720x480. It has been scaled up to that resolution from something smaller, probably 320x240 if I had to guess.

I will admit that the rolling shutter is not noticable to me here, which is good. I looked really hard and didn't see it. But it is pretty sad that you can't get any higher image detail at the same time.

Unless the editing had something to do with it.. I guess I should see a few more samples.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 3:10 PM   #7

Unfortunatly, I do not understand what you are saying here, regarding both the issue of wrong files and your suggestion that I edit one and see if it works out. Not sure what you are talking about on either point. Can you clarify?

Can you post an un-edited video from the camera in the 60fps mode? This is what I want to examine more closely.

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
As I am aware, I may have loaded , the wrong files, due to Aipteks iformation on their site. The videos were supposed to be 4, not 5 sizes, and did not realize you have three Hd settings.

If you would like a edited video again, I be very happy to do so?

No. 6. I am sure this is something you may do if you have the programs, edit one and see if works out. reason why they are direct downloads , right:idea: (positive) thought
Old Apr 15, 2008, 3:51 PM   #8

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
There is a newer chip inside, we can only guess this.

If the chip is the same, Yes, firmware, andwriting will do the trick.

If the Chip is different, which it is, then we cannot write and tell the device to boost more powere.

There was a member who had some info awhile back with the MPVr and mentions about Interpolation that can be writen from 3.meg-to-11 meg.

My Observation on owning these
I'm not suggesting at all that anyone can hack a 720p version to make it 1080p. I'm sure they made that impossible. :-)
hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2008, 3:58 PM   #9

Adric22,

no. 6 should be correct. Magex pro editer saved as quicktime 720x480 at 30 or 60 f. I again made these new samples below.

Tell me if you see Rolling shuter on a cross bar LMAO.

The orginal file is there, it will open up huge, the edited file is there, itwill open up small. They are both 720x48060f @ edited to 30 fps.

And then edited to 1280x720 @ 60 fps, opening to the same huge file of the orginal.

hmm has aiptek or the program I using not correct. my end is fine. let me know. I am sure I filmed in [email protected]

720x480 @ 60fAIptek A-HD+

rolling shutter

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KKQ2Q60Y

Using magix editer 12 saving as quicktime 720x480 @ 29.97

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z6W8EO70

This is a actual video, and saved with a program, notice the actual size, of the Aiptek video, then notice the actual size of the edited one. They are the same 720x480 size, I am not disagreeing at all, but for some reason the quicktime windows are totally Different, but when the info is displayed they are totally the same

[email protected]

[line]

1280x720 @60fps using magex pro editor 12the actual window is the same

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9G9SMO0Y

[line]

Old Apr 15, 2008, 4:38 PM   #10

Fishy.. I'm not sure what to tell you here.. I just downloaded the one with the crossbar spinning (and yes I can see the rolling shutter) but that is in like 1280 resolution and appears to be in 30 fps. The one I looked at earlier was "supposed" to be in 720x480 at 60 fps. And in this case it appeared that the image at been scaled UP to 720x480 from something lower.