Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 19, 2008, 7:16 PM   #21

I was in my walmart today, and they had this camera. It was not on sale though, and one thing that struck me immediately was that the lens is really tiny, maybe just 4 or 5mm across. This is going to be pretty poor in anything other than sunlight I would think.
brachiopod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2008, 7:58 PM   #22

scenerio's if you you know the Aipteks. the older styles mpvr, the camera is based on that. for low light.

ofcourse the company has covered that end by stating on the instructions, and also a seperate paper, about low light.

What would be poor to you, for a low ligh conditon, and how much light befor, it becomes poor?

these sales go on not nation wide but certain locations, seems not fair, but this had happpened with the MPVrs, calling a local store will not get you that price. and it was at a real low proce.

rather me posting a link to steves while there is a Glitch which will be fixed see the 4th pos in the pinned for a review and al its video LOL enjoy.

all good nothing bad:G
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2008, 8:06 PM   #23

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=92

This is where the posts should go if want further infoclick it.
Old Apr 20, 2008, 12:28 AM   #24

OK, so I went back to Walmart today and picked up the Jazz Elite which had to have a manager's override so watch the price; $99.84.

After the better part of the day, I thought I was screwed as far as the audio sync issue but I figured out that instead of just pulling the SD card out and using my own apps, (I use Premiere) I needed to install the software that is bundled. Once that was done and the software was quickly set up and working, I found I got superior results.

FYI: If you try and playback the video you shoot in WMP or QT, you will see that it does not remain synced. When you play it IN CAMERA, it is fine. The trick is to use the Media Impression app (which I am not an ArcSoft fan) and import the video and then create a movie in that. From there, I chose the advanced settings chose QT and my personal preferences for the highest quality I could select and then output.

From there, the results were impressive enough that in a pinch, I could actually use the media created in this cam for an actual clients project! So now that the sync issue isn't a threat, and since this cam starts with what it calls HD, there is enough to work with and output something of some quality.

here is a sample: http://www.nogglemedia.com/Jazz/mingus_park.mp4
coosbaytv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2008, 7:55 AM   #25

Nice. isee you were using zoom, and you have let go of the smooth switch, causing clicking, was tht b/c you just let it dlip up on its own, or you slowely let up. this will lead to othersasking this question LOL:G
Old Apr 20, 2008, 1:21 PM   #26

Actually Fishy, there was NO ZOOM invloved. That was strictly camera movement...

I use this technique alot.

Jay
Old Apr 20, 2008, 1:28 PM   #27

So, since you have had this cam for a couple days now, how do you like it compared to the Aiptek Action?

Honestly, I only bought it to play with in terms of the price.

Since Walmart has a 30 day return policy, I thought I would play with it for fun until they got another Action HD in stock and then I would return the Jazz Elite and get the Action HD...

But, as it is turning out, unless I can find anything else that is a real deal breaker (of which I haven't found anything yet) I will keep this little jewel.

The hidden bonus was I discovered that it will also work as a decent webcam which I was going to buy anyway to use video chat on Skype with some collegues across the country.

Jay
Old Apr 20, 2008, 1:35 PM   #28

RGVCAM, made a statement orpint, and I made a low light video.

When I compared it to the Aiptek not Action, but they're the same in most ways.

Night shot on the Jazz, seems to be the same as regular, lol why not sure, but i deffently see some grain in the video

If you ask me I am sure I would be very satisfied, only issue I am havingwould be its fonts, and when the sun is out on thesescreens

Black Aiptek A-Hd wassoshiny , members say this one isso professional looking

I was and coneected t his to the Pc had to hit playback to recognise he camera for web, and that is where i stand posting to the full review topic

I say keep this bad boy but hey hadno trouble getting a Action Hd for Sfritzinger

coosbaytv wrote:
Quote:
So, since you have had this cam for a couple days now, how do you like it compared to the Aiptek Action?

Honestly, I only bought it to play with in terms of the price.

Since Walmart has a 30 day return policy, I thought I would play with it for fun until they got another Action HD in stock and then I would return the Jazz Elite and get the Action HD...

But, as it is turning out, unless I can find anything else that is a real deal breaker (of which I haven't found anything yet) I will keep this little jewel.

The hidden bonus was I discovered that it will also work as a decent webcam which I was going to buy anyway to use video chat on Skype with some collegues across the country.

Jay
Old Jun 6, 2008, 10:08 AM   #29

On my HDV178 I can record sound in the voicepen mode but I'm not getting sound on the movies I record (which I see as .avi files onremovable hard disk inXP explorer).

Sorry to be newbie/slow

Can someone tell me what I'mdoing wrong, howto enable sound in movie recordings?

Or am I using the wrong playback software?

The playback software is "Real" brand if memory serves

thank you

Holly
holly_1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2008, 12:06 PM   #30

holly_1948 wrote:
Quote:
On my HDV178 I can record sound in the voicepen mode but I'm not getting sound on the movies I record (which I see as .avi files onremovable hard disk inXP explorer).

Sorry to be newbie/slow

Can someone tell me what I'mdoing wrong, howto enable sound in movie recordings?

Or am I using the wrong playback software?

The playback software is "Real" brand if memory serves

thank you

Holly
If the sound plays back ok on the camcorder itself then it is definitely a problem with the playback software. You should be using Windows Media player and install the software on the CD. This will give you the correct codec which is techspeak for the video decoder. If you have the wrong one, often you'll get either the sound or video and not both.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote