Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 25, 2008, 6:56 AM   #111

How to check the firmware CLICK ME

Jazzcameras.com no email orsupport found any info found Please provide here thankyou

How to check firmware:

showing you off the Aiptek A-HD+, in CIF mode about 2 feet from the camera, and all lights on the lamp is in front and angled on me, talking in a low voice b/c its in th eAM hour, and a request was made .

You'll turn on the camera, and hit playback(lowest button)button one time .

Hit Playback (lowest button) agan and hold it never letting go. Push up on ZOOM, let go of ZOOM only you'll see first part of fonts, if you care to see more, Hit the Button below hte ZOOM called previous, or next. You'll see more.

Once you are finished Let go, happy filming.

Dedicated to RGVCAM, it is easy to do. We need to contact JAzz, and their webserver has been off the air since RGV found the camera at the low price, alwayschecking so I can ask are there any updates, and one convern is the fonts

ANy modifictions needed, or complaints found:

Fonts, to small.

Setting any feature, once clicking setting go directly to cam/cam mode not back to exit.

Zoom pause at 5x where it is at its limit.

led allow on/off while recording

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2008, 9:36 AM   #112

Thanks fishycomics. I finally retrieved my firmware version:

As you can see, it's the same as yours, so no surprises there.

When you said playback button I kept thinking the one to actually play the videos back and my mind got stuck in a loop! :lol:
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2008, 10:13 AM   #113

I got to look at these videos at home. I won't pay $200 for an action-hd due to I don't think the improvement for the 60fps is that great, the 1280x720 were kind of fuzzy the ones of the water and the ship.

I will look at these of the jazz and see what I can see. I don't know, I WANT a good camcorder to do indy film work, and I know you won't get results of a Canon XLR or H2 camcorder, but some of these camcorders can shoot great 720 and when burnt to dvd, is more than enough quality. I am willing to record external audio and use Sony Vegas to put it together. Still looking......
sandmanfvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2008, 11:26 AM   #114

These camcorders (Aiptek and Jazz) are nothing but expensive toys. They are not really something you'll want to use on a wedding or very important family events. They are for everyday fun video recording and YouTube and basically just to have fun. If you want to do serious videos then you will need to spend about $800+ on a HQ camcorder.

sandmanfvr wrote:
Quote:
I got to look at these videos at home. I won't pay $200 for an action-hd due to I don't think the improvement for the 60fps is that great, the 1280x720 were kind of fuzzy the ones of the water and the ship.

I will look at these of the jazz and see what I can see. I don't know, I WANT a good camcorder to do indy film work, and I know you won't get results of a Canon XLR or H2 camcorder, but some of these camcorders can shoot great 720 and when burnt to dvd, is more than enough quality. I am willing to record external audio and use Sony Vegas to put it together. Still looking......
scorbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2008, 11:36 AM   #115

I agree though I did use my Aiptek on a Baptism once and made a Video CD which actually looked quite good. I was certainly far better than having nothing at all :-)
Old Apr 25, 2008, 11:55 AM   #116

Part of what I want to do with these cams is use media from them in my clients projects where it is appropriate to do so without loosing quality. This is about knowing the strengths of these cams and avoiding the weaknesses...

sandmanfvr: at this point for what you want to do, look at the Panasonic PVG series 3 chip standard definition cams (less than $500, maybe $300). These are quality standard definition cams that will create indie work. The downside is that even these cams are poor in low light. For that matter my new Jazz 188 is better in low light than my pv-gs70 3 chip pany...

Now, as the ongoing discussion has started to die off a bit, please see my new post: "Jazz cams... there is a difference between 178 and 188" as I hopefully will be getting new info soon.

Jay
coosbaytv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2008, 12:07 PM   #117

I don't know; that's relative.

My Aiptek Action HD seems to outperform my old Panasonic MiniDV model... the PV-DC152... and that MiniDV model cost me three (3) times as much. The Panasonic was an even more expensive toy.

:G

Private Idaho

scorbing wrote:
Quote:
These camcorders (Aiptek and Jazz) are nothing but expensive toys. They are not really something you'll want to use on a wedding or very important family events. They are for everyday fun video recording and YouTube and basically just to have fun. If you want to do serious videos then you will need to spend about $800+ on a HQ camcorder.

sandmanfvr wrote:
Quote:

Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2008, 12:24 PM   #118

It seems the 188 Jazz model is indeed different chip wise. No wonder the quality is good. Check this thread:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...881222#p881222

Private Idaho wrote:
Quote:
I don't know; that's relative.

My Aiptek Action HD seems to outperform my old Panasonic MiniDV model... the PV-DC152... and that MiniDV model cost me three (3) times as much. The Panasonic was an even more expensive toy.

:G

Private Idaho

scorbing wrote:
Quote:

sandmanfvr wrote:
Quote:

Old Apr 25, 2008, 1:51 PM   #119

Even if the chip is different in the HDV188, I don't remember seeing a hugh difference in the videos output. Perhaps the HDV188 may be able to cope with more complex scenes better.

I guess it's going to need someone who has both shooting exactly the same scene and then comparing them frame by frame.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 2:09 PM   #120

Well, Fishy has all these cameras. Maybe he can go out and record a scene with the Aiptek models and then record the same exact scene with the Jazz and upload the videos on their pure form on upload.com or Megaupload on a Zip file and we can download it and compare.

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
Even if the chip is different in the HDV188, I don't remember seeing a hugh difference in the videos output. Perhaps the HDV188 may be able to cope with more complex scenes better.

I guess it's going to need someone who has both shooting exactly the same scene and then comparing them frame by frame.