Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 25, 2008, 5:19 PM   #131

it was a veho 2gb card nothing special
podger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2008, 5:25 PM   #132

Quote:
The Jazz Elite HDV178 has one of the better Digital Zooms.
I'd have to agree. On the full-sized clips, there was an increase in graininess and shimmer when zoomed in, but the object (a car tire) was still recognizable and was of the highest quality digital zooms I've seen.

In the video of the birds above, the fully-zoomed portions were impressive. The resizing tooked out a lot of the noise which would make that camera a very nice choice when shooting for a lower-than-HD-resolution medium (DVD, online video, etc...). The shimmer in the dirt path was obvious (but you weren't framing up the dirt path, rather the birds :-).

The HDV188 appears to have a better quality end-result at full resolution.

But as I've always said... for what these cameras are (sub-$200 consumer everyday camcorders), they've apparently come a LONG way in quality. Several are of higher quality than my old Mini-DV samsung and even my JVC Everio MG21. They only push the quality bar higher and higher for the prosumer models.

sfritzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2008, 7:54 PM   #133

I appologise for the video not being HD wonder what happened, button was set LOL, now since we al talk about I wanta hi def sample well just look at the VGA ones. I think I am happy that they were filmed VGA looks good to me.

http://www.vimeo.com/941821zoomed

http://www.vimeo.com/941916allow a few min

Thought I toss up this clip.

was not a nice day, this is out a window, dirty one at that, I am zoomed in about 3x does not matter if I was zoomed in at .5x -8x, digital zoom will distort as fuller it gets. 5x max would work for me.

I also loaded without zoom.

I do not mind running tests for anyone, we're here to have fun and enjoy what hybrid we get.

1. RGVCAM made a excellent point, and I rather direct those away from the JAzz, are being told

" those who cannot and have older PC's should lean to a JAzz Model 178/188 for the minimum requirement"

2. If you take note, on most these PC CAM's Made or great for Imove, and Youtube, Not Home enternaiment, they're just great for pc and are acceptable for tv viewing and more. never saying it is a perfect model but today a great improvement.

I would not expect you to follow in my footsteps, I only do my best to say hey thios works well for me, and I am sure it is a winner, never giving a bad review on any model, always telling it like a real person would. Open and honest.

What I am finding out as I go.

I again placed the macro on a permenent lock for Infinity. Pocket always pushs the switch. The door will come ajar, not an issue maybe lil tape or mod.

Finding to use it as a video caption device on my laptops wim moviemaker works fine, found that after viewing the cam may have a vid/aud issue on the edited film with win moviemaker, not Live caption camera, only pc video caption mode.

Pictures are not as vivid or colorful may be a lil washed out, just a little, and that tells me AIptek has a crisper shot, I totaly understand this is a VIDEO cam first, and as an option a camera, not a camera and camcorder, or camcorder and camera.

as we dig deeper into our obseravations I am going to comment on the amcorder, I am very pleased and have to get outside to get a closer shot of the colorful city, see what that commuters pathway car looks like in the open I do have other short samples, preferre to keep to a longer clip

Observe, research, and compare.

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2008, 9:22 PM   #134

Those of you who have the HDV188 or clones, can you shoot some video with more complex scenery such as woodland, or mainly vegetation in the background so we can get a better comparison with the HDV178 as to how it copes with this.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2008, 9:41 PM   #135

Well I downloaded the outside clip, 117 megs, and I used Vista to burn a video dvd. DAMN! I played it on my 50 inch plasma and it is clear! See some on here wonder what I am wanting from a camcorder like this, well even if they do "720p" as long as they are good enough to look good with transcoded to dvd, that is what I care about. The video was fabulous and the only thing I saw in the video was the changing in light to dark in some of the pans, in the alley and such at the beginning. If this thing was on a tripod, had a shot readied to be shot and it was done right, it would be professional. I am thinking about buying one of these 188's.

EDIT: Ok, can't get Sony Vegas to show video, it will do the sound, but no video. Weird.
sandmanfvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2008, 10:41 PM   #136

sandmanfvr wrote:
Quote:
Well I downloaded the outside clip, 117 megs, and I used Vista to burn a video dvd. DAMN! I played it on my 50 inch plasma and it is clear! See some on here wonder what I am wanting from a camcorder like this, well even if they do "720p" as long as they are good enough to look good with transcoded to dvd, that is what I care about. The video was fabulous and the only thing I saw in the video was the changing in light to dark in some of the pans, in the alley and such at the beginning. If this thing was on a tripod, had a shot readied to be shot and it was done right, it would be professional. I am thinking about buying one of these 188's.

EDIT: Ok, can't get Sony Vegas to show video, it will do the sound, but no video. Weird.
Download this sample video I made and see how it compares.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=43YBIR8O
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2008, 5:01 AM   #137

188 model owners: if one can do a photo of hte Unit with the door correctly filming a video, and also th fonts in settings a close up I like to see the difference it is a request.

I want osee the difference, and I may locate a walmart to see the sizedifference if a measurement can be made in Englis I appriciate it.

I may just opt for one due to font sizing uncertain about video diffrence due to not seeing any video or looking here for them. thank you
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2008, 7:57 AM   #138

is this any good fishy
Attached Images

Old Apr 26, 2008, 7:58 AM   #139

Heres another
Attached Images

Old Apr 26, 2008, 8:07 AM   #140

firmware for easypix
Attached Images