Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 26, 2008, 11:23 PM   #161

Yes, rgvcam we all have have portable media players, but how many people can say they have a portable Blue Ray HD player?
bobcat56458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2008, 12:46 AM   #162

Re encode with SUPER wasn't that great, video was good, audio was a crackling mess. Hmm, I guess try PowerDirector and see what I can do.
sandmanfvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2008, 8:54 AM   #163

SUPER is an awfull piece of software my friend. It is slow and full of bugs. I tried it once. Deleted it as soon as it crashed on me the second time. I have not had an issue with PowerDirector 6.

sandmanfvr wrote:
Quote:
Re encode with SUPER wasn't that great, video was good, audio was a crackling mess.* Hmm, I guess try PowerDirector and see what I can do.** ** **
scorbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2008, 3:01 PM   #164

"OK here's a video I took of my sweetheart and best friend, Pepper with my Jazz 188 about 15 minutes ago. I was testing the Macro feature. I shot it using the available light. No modifications of settings or anything. I wanted to see how the camera performed with the natural light available. Let me know what you think. The video is straight from the SD card.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/70425e/"

Ok scorbing, now my wife wants a bird, lol! Awesome video -- clarity, audio,and color is amazing for the price!
kbayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2008, 3:08 PM   #165

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
I use vegas movie 8 I am able to edit the aiptek but less the soundwhile doing so, not sure if hte sound is heard after I tend to forget .
Same problem here with my a-hd, no sound with vegas...

Either Arcsoft straight, or convert with Prism or Pazera and use WMM is fast andeasy!
Old Apr 27, 2008, 3:11 PM   #166

sandmanfvr wrote:
Quote:
I think I will pick the Jazz 188 tomorrow, I got enough for an sd chip and a tripod I think. I can start with test shots and such. I will try powerdirector for editing.
CircuitCity 4gig SanDisk for $23 today in Houston... shows "clearance" on their website....
Old Apr 27, 2008, 3:14 PM   #167

oh man, what a wait, but worth seeing the video. great job. I wonder now since Blues are the colors thiscam does well, othe colors schemes LOL

I have compared two clips, and need to realy get to of the sameclips, while I did, the battery died on my Aiptek, had that spare but the scenery was ruined, battery I know only had life on it LOL.

the clips I can deffently say AIptek is the smoother camera very colorful, and that was the A-HD+ [email protected], with the Jazz at its highest setting even though 1440x1080 is the highest of aiptek. not saying it was fair or not.

I must do a side by side and when I do you'll see. that either way you have a good cam , avi format or .mov I cannot view on my pc due to its speed, so why I am happy with what I have enjoy.

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2008, 4:10 PM   #168

Ok, I tried the ultimate test yesterday. My youngest turned 7 and we had his party at a park with 30 kids... (I would post some of this but since these are children, I don't feel wright in doing so without parental consent.)

I shot with nothing but the Jazz 188, about 12 video clips and 30 photos in all. The video was shot all in the HD mode. At first I was going to shoot in both HD and DV but changed my mind for ease of use. I will try some other DV setting tests later this week.

I created a DVD with the ArcSoft app and was VERY HAPPY with the overall result. There were some playback glitches but in the tradeoff for the fact that it took almost no time at all to create, the overall quality versus price is unbelievable. Most of the parents saw me with the camera of course and I am willing to bet that if I were to give them a copy of the final DVD, they would not believe that this little 188 was the real camera that shot this stuff.

The thing I am most impressed with is the low light abilities in real world settings. We were in a covered building with one side exposed (open) and I still got enough detail in both video and stills to create something of value. I could NOT have done this with either my Aiptek DV5800 or my Pany pv-gs70.

The other thing that I come back to is the still camera ability here. This thing is by far the best image capture device of any hybrid I have had and is better than many digital still cams I have had and or used.

As far as the ArcSoft app is concerned, creating something for DVD output is very easy and customizable enough to make it look semi pro. If there is a possibility in rewriting the code via "bobcat" I would be ecstatic! hint, hint...

So, overall I have found something that is more than adequate for using with family as well as on clients projects where acceptable.

On the downside, with the ArcSoft app, I have had good rersults in encoding my HD footage to SD but it seems the file size of the SD output are far larger than a standard DV avi file with about 10-20% less quality max!

I thought that when I purchased this, it would be for a week at most to play with while I waited for my local Walmart store to get an Action HD. I was going to return this when that happened but there is no way now! It will be interesting to see what this company delivers in the future.

Jay
Attached Images

coosbaytv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2008, 4:12 PM   #169

I went to a local park today to play with the camera and tooks some more photos and video. It was a bit overcast and started to rain as I left. It is now thundering and raining as I post this.

The full collection of these photos is at: http://www.pbase.com/rgv523/hdv178so that you van view the full 5MP size. Although they can be a little noisy, I think the 5MP photos on this camera are quite amazing considering the cost. For instance look at http://i.pbase.com/o2/25/238925/1/96...L.PICT0081.JPG (Full size image of the trunk of a Palm Tree). The videos I took are still being processed.

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2008, 6:43 PM   #170

Well remember I told you guys I was going to Arabian Nights? Well I did and I managed to sneak my Jazz 188 out and take some video of the show and I am going to post the results later tonight. Watch for it!
scorbing is offline   Reply With Quote