Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 19, 2008, 9:25 AM   #241

jazzcameras.com. hmmm wonder if they are just selling out
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2008, 12:01 PM   #242

There haven't been any posts on this forum in a while but I thought I would post anyway. I found this forum of course by searching for info on the Jazz 178/188 after seeing it at walmart the other night. After watching several of the sample videos that you all have posted I decided to pick one up.

I think the picture quality is superior to my older Cannon mini-dv standard def camera. I went to walmart and as some previous posters have reported found that they had the 188 on the locked peg where the 178 was supposed to go. Since it was locked on they honored the price 188 for $99.

The only thing I don't like about it is that the screen won't rotate all the way around to face up. I understand the 178 can do this, and am contemplating downgrading for this reason. Anyone find an easy way (hack) to make the screen on the 188 face straignt up (that would also make it much easier to hold!

Thank you to fishycomics and others for all of the information and sample videos.

joshg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2008, 12:15 PM   #243

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
jazzcameras.com. hmmm wonder if they are just selling out
It may just be a glitch with their website. Of couse if it's still this way in a weeks time, then it may be signalling the end as you say.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2008, 1:08 PM   #244

Joshg welcome aboard.

great to hear theprice and well as noted I also owned the 188 to just make my review if the site gve me cams I be set LMAO...............

difference between hte models 188 has a tad wider screen, and even video. snaps have a snazzy slide to it when clicked, fonts bigger. but cam style size oh well 178 to me wins hands down.............

I did not like its grip or screen no way to get a good hand on it, wonder ifa mod can be done not sur never looked into it

as forJazzcameras.com over a few months for me to even get on. so for me its bye bye out of bussiness
Old Oct 2, 2008, 2:44 AM   #245

hey guys i bought the hdv178 and it runs fine, i can view them on my media player.. i just can't put all the files in one, on my windows movie maker. i was wondering if there is an install disc or some other program that could read it, b/c i acutally lost the driver install disc lol
eddiecarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2008, 5:52 AM   #246

WM tools option update codecs. and also in advance see if all is checked will run in wmm.

eddiecarter wrote:
Quote:
hey guys i bought the hdv178 and it runs fine, i can view them on my media player.. i just can't put all the files in one, on my windows movie maker. i was wondering if there is an install disc or some other program that could read it, b/c i acutally lost the driver install disc lol
Old Apr 30, 2009, 4:49 PM   #247

How did you plug the AC charger into the HDV-188? I do not have a port on my camera that I can see. There's only a hole for the tripod and for the TV out. I'm thinking that the USB slot is used to charge it, but the manual says that it can't be charged from the USB.
aggie1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2009, 12:39 AM   #248

Hi.

I've been looking everywhere, and I can't seem to find a place to obtain a replacement Battery and Charger for the Jazz HDV-178.

Does anyone know where I might be able to find one? (If so, I would love to see the cheapest one as I am low on funds.)

Thanks,
Andrew
Erathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2009, 7:08 AM   #249

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie1959 View Post
How did you plug the AC charger into the HDV-188? I do not have a port on my camera that I can see. There's only a hole for the tripod and for the TV out. I'm thinking that the USB slot is used to charge it, but the manual says that it can't be charged from the USB.
USB port
Old Jul 4, 2009, 2:51 AM   #250

Default Jazz now part of Emerson?

I was in Walmart today and saw a remodeled version of the HDV178 camera that I have for $99. I took a photo with my camera phone which you can see here. I then decided to look it up on www.jazzcameras.com and noticed the website has completely changed and now seems to be part of Emerson. It's still as useless as the previous one though ie no real information or support.

They just listed the Emerson version of this camera with only basic info. Considering the Emerson version on amazon.com (http://tinyurl.com/meqq7v) is $169 and that there is a similar spec'd Bestbuy camcorder for $149, this is a bargain if it performs at least the same as the original HDV178.
Attached Images

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote