Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 4, 2009, 7:08 AM   #251

yeah talked about awhile ago, emerson went out years ago,and back inthe saddle again LOL

And i should walk int othe office, andsit down wit hthem i knowwher they're at .
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2009, 12:22 PM   #252

I just picked up the jazz HDV178, and I'm just learning. My question is, if I want to send pics or video's through email, what would be the best settings, or is there a better way using other software.

Thanks
cdncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2009, 4:38 AM   #253

Default Help Please

I just picked up a used one for 50.00. Works fine hooked up to PC detects as USB drive fine. I have no charger so I ordered one on Ebay with 2 replacement 1400mah batteries for 14.00 search for NP-60 . I have a couple questions:

Does anyone know where I can download the CD and Manual for this device? I have looked everywhere and Jazz's site is no help.

Also I use Vista 64 and it seemed it wanted to install a driver when I turned the unit on but was unable to find one. Is this so I can use it as a webcam or something? And if so where can I find the driver?
ServerKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2009, 11:59 AM   #254

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdncruiser View Post
I just picked up the jazz HDV178, and I'm just learning. My question is, if I want to send pics or video's through email, what would be the best settings, or is there a better way using other software.

Thanks
My advice? Always shoot in the highest quality mode and convert with software to the desired size for email. That way you will always have the highest quality 'master'. Remember you can always reduce the quality but you can never increase the quality from an original. Once you have shot an event you can never go back in time.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2009, 12:01 PM   #255

Quote:
Originally Posted by ServerKing View Post
I just picked up a used one for 50.00. Works fine hooked up to PC detects as USB drive fine. I have no charger so I ordered one on Ebay with 2 replacement 1400mah batteries for 14.00 search for NP-60 . I have a couple questions:

Does anyone know where I can download the CD and Manual for this device? I have looked everywhere and Jazz's site is no help.

Also I use Vista 64 and it seemed it wanted to install a driver when I turned the unit on but was unable to find one. Is this so I can use it as a webcam or something? And if so where can I find the driver?
To be honest, it's pretty easy to figure out most of the function on this camera and just use a card reader. SD card readers are so cheap these days I am surprised they are not giving them free in cereal packets (although I am sure someone will prove me wrong now LOL).
Old Oct 2, 2009, 1:08 PM   #256

Haha i have a Card reader in my PC its doesnt read SD cards anymore. The reason I am looking for the manual is if I want to loan this to my parents (who arent the most technical people) would be good for them. I am sure I could figure it out no problem :-)
Old Oct 22, 2009, 1:43 AM   #257

Can anyone give me an editor program that actually works with this camera???? Windows movie maker doesnt display the picture only audio. I purchased Corel Studio and it doesnt even read the file to import. I am getting upset because it shouldnt be this hard to edit a film directly from a camera. And yes I have the Klite recent codec pack installed windows vista 64bit.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 3:54 AM   #258

but you shouldh ave the total media extreme or impressions disk,
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2009, 9:22 AM   #259

Quote:
Originally Posted by ServerKing View Post
Can anyone give me an editor program that actually works with this camera???? Windows movie maker doesnt display the picture only audio. I purchased Corel Studio and it doesnt even read the file to import. I am getting upset because it shouldnt be this hard to edit a film directly from a camera. And yes I have the Klite recent codec pack installed windows vista 64bit.
Magix Movie Editor: www,magix.com
Old Oct 23, 2009, 1:04 AM   #260

i tried magix does the samething as windows movie maker does except green screen and plays audio fine. I have tried shark007 vista codec pack as well and still cannot edit any of these movies i have recorded. They playback just fine.