Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 23, 2009, 9:23 PM   #261

I tried total extreme media and that works but all it does is make dvds. Sigh all i want to do is edit some movies and post on youtube why is that so hard with this camera. Tried Power Director latest version plays the movie fine but anytime you attempt to edit the file video goes black only audio. And verified when producing the file that it has no video once converted.....I am running out of programs to try.

Last edited by ServerKing; Oct 24, 2009 at 12:06 AM.
ServerKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2009, 5:31 AM   #262

Quote:
Originally Posted by ServerKing View Post
I tried total extreme media and that works but all it does is make dvds. Sigh all i want to do is edit some movies and post on youtube why is that so hard with this camera. Tried Power Director latest version plays the movie fine but anytime you attempt to edit the file video goes black only audio. And verified when producing the file that it has no video once converted.....I am running out of programs to try.
I find that hard to believe, theCd that came with the program will allow you to edit , and itwill also allow you to do a direct upload with one lessstep to youtube.

you must not be doing it correctly then
total media extreme is not thesoftware given to the camera, but total media impressions.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2009, 12:49 AM   #263

Quote:
Originally Posted by ServerKing View Post
i tried magix does the samething as windows movie maker does except green screen and plays audio fine. I have tried shark007 vista codec pack as well and still cannot edit any of these movies i have recorded. They playback just fine.
Which version did you use? The main reason I got Magix in the first place was that it was about the only one that would allow me to cut the video from the HDV178 without having the problems you describe.

I just did a quick sample edit on one just now and exported it to both Windows Media and Quicktime and it worked fine!

I have Magix Movie Pro 14, the cheaper non plus version.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2009, 4:47 AM   #264

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgvcam View Post
Which version did you use? The main reason I got Magix in the first place was that it was about the only one that would allow me to cut the video from the HDV178 without having the problems you describe.

I just did a quick sample edit on one just now and exported it to both Windows Media and Quicktime and it worked fine!

I have Magix Movie Pro 14, the cheaper non plus version.
Windows Moviemaker. is OLD, and will need great improvement to accept NEW. Vista should correctly play, and edit thefile or files, is this what you have VIsta?

Converting the File, may or may not work for OLD wmm still, because thecodecs are again very new to the OLD program, and there are updates that do not even show, its's working in the options of wmm.

Magix.com Move edit pro 12, 14,15 standard or plus, will be ever so cheap today almost free at times, to purchase, even rendering the file in any wil not correctly allow to play in Windows movie editor.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote