Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 21, 2008, 9:07 AM   #31

Still not been able to get the firmware screen to come up. I guess I am still misunderstanding something.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2008, 9:51 AM   #32

Hi podger, I've never had to upload a video file and do not have an account with a service that does so. If anyone knows of an easy free service that does this and does not re-encode the video let me know how its done, thanks.
bobcat56458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2008, 10:33 AM   #33

i used vimeo its free,i am desperate to see the videoquality before i buy one
podger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2008, 1:41 PM   #34

OK, here is a link tomy firstboring HD video clip I made with the Jazz Elite HDV188. It is re-encoded by vimeo to HDFlash, but if you are a member and log in you can download the original unedited file. I shot it in the Walmart parking lot just after buying the HDV188. I've been to busy trying out other things with the cam to use it for what its really made for, you know shooting video LOL. The cam had the image stablization turned off, and the sharpness was at mid point. Thanks podger for the info about vimeo.

http://www.vimeo.com/924641
bobcat56458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2008, 2:05 PM   #35

i have decided to get the easypix clone of this, should get it on wednesday when i will post my thoughts, thanks for the video bobcat
podger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2008, 2:42 PM   #36

Pm'edto late LOL. WOW loved how theBlue was alive with color, if the flash player was making the ripple, I say watch out Aiptek.

I cannot take 3 cams out at one but iam sure I be happy with one, if given a short time i am going to work on a night and day video nothing to special but. with some night zoom day zoom and day sharpness.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2008, 3:46 PM   #37

As I am able to review the shots i had taken today, the camcorder, works fine for me, unsure If I can totaly trust on a trip, for perfect shots in vid or pic. One should never jump into a frying pan and into the fire, you'll get burnt.

Sound for somehow, at the stop light a commercial was playing, and I was stunned, how it reverbed. did a great job. If using the zoom, this camera does pick up the Switch. so it is best to zoom before record, film stop recording zoom out. record. so at the end of any video before stopping, I say record an extra few seconds. not a issue for me.

Zooming works well, just do not go full zoom, stay around 4x and all willwork out, 1280x740 Hd zoomed half s would be like 640x480 vga mode, if asked me not going to fight over Digital zoom, we all know Optical wins hands down, but hey was I outside my car when catching those lines LOL.

Night shot is misssing some umph, not sure what it is missing but again some streetsshow perfect, if asked, and one street wasso lit up, you cannot complain. also one scene was where the ski was becoming brighter at early mourning . Not the best, but again No light no video, low light with light on objectworks for me.

Daytime as always does its Job, and happy Rolling shutter, guess not one camera will ever beperfect, so why bother complaining about it, Just be happy it was not a total loss.

So all in all, I am stumped to deciding how many cameras I will take with me.
Old Apr 21, 2008, 5:10 PM   #38

http://www.livevideo.com/video/fishy...ht-daysho.aspx

here is the night/ day clip enjoy

Please forgive the shaking, it is due to driving and causing vibration. I can clearly say this the camera will need stabilization if attepting to film , riding? this would be further testing involved.

very, very pleased after viewing on WMP playback. night shots ATP for me, how bout you?
Old Apr 21, 2008, 6:24 PM   #39

OK so can someone PLEASE tell me what the difference is between the HDV-178 and the HDV-188?

Is the HDV-188 worth the extra $49.00? The HDV-178 is $99.00 while the HDV-188 is $149.00 at Walmart.

How about the audio? Is it better than Aiptek or is it just as crappy?

Your input is valuable as I am ready to buy one tonight, depending on what your input is on my questions.

scorbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2008, 7:18 PM   #40

podger wrote:
Quote:
i have decided to get the easypix clone of this, should get it on wednesday when i will post my thoughts, thanks for the video bobcat
Could you tell me what model of easypix that is and where you are getting it? Also what you paid for it. It's just so I can recommend it to relatives and friends back in the UK!
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote