Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 25, 2008, 11:33 AM   #21

Private Idaho:

Thanks for the comments on my Vimeo clips.

I guess I forgot to mention that your idea of outputting this stuff in standard definition is exactly what I am doing and there we are on the same page. For $100 cam to be able to somewhat rival my prosumer gear is a scary thing for me but it IS happening.

These cams have very little to do with "HI DEF" to me as they are in reality approaching a solid usibility when the final output is to standard definition especially on the web. This is the exciting part to me is taking consumer electronics and using it in my projects in a way that the average viewer wouldn't have a clue what it was shot on. I can give my Sony VX-2000 to someone to use and if they shoot in auto everything, it will most likely look like crap...

That said, as far as HD goes, I am still torn in between the investment of a Panasonic HVX-200 system at over $5000 or saving the cash and stepping into the new Canon Vixia HD30 with true 24p and such.

Jay
coosbaytv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2009, 11:26 PM   #22

sandmanfvr wrote:
Quote:
Google "VLC" and get it for the Mac, can play almost anything. I run it on Windows and in Linux. I ran it on my mac when I had one and it played everything.
Yes..... Linux, the ur 'real' Unix OS.... haha.... poke..... VLC and Kaffine.... top notch stuff there...

My baby gotz her Jazzy 188 a couple dayz ago.... she is ten by the way.

She says 'daddy help LinuxMint Felicia Xfce recognize and work this cam for me, please..'

Oh, what a tuff task.... click, click, click, clickty click...... whoala..... presto...

USB thru cam or reader (4 gig sd), just fine. Her Barbie Doll Fashion Shows look just fine in the cam window or on the Unix machine. Indoor and outdoor lighting.

99% of movies and tv shows I gotz, is avi. The video is just fine on 22" screens, DVD quality, the sound pumps out at best only 5.1 though..... that sux...... Guess I gotz to tweak that Linux a bit for more channels...... I want 'em all..... da*n it....!

I just can't figure out how to load on videos to sd so the Jazz 188 camera can play 'em. Or can this cam not read trasferred video....? Dunno.....

I promised her to find out how so she can watch The Led music vids while 'doing' computing at school, ya know... how to type, open and close windows, what jpeg means ect.... all that useful stuff that she does on her Asus, AMD, Nvidia, MS board and mousy, HP, D-Link, Cisco, ViewSonic, ect.... running 6000+ Linux machine already, but forced to do it on a 'top notch' mAC....

Thanks in advance for an answer......
Harcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2009, 11:49 PM   #23

coosbaytv wrote:
Quote:

I can give my Sony VX-2000 to someone to use and if they shoot in auto everything, it will most likely look like crap...

Jay
That is very true. Tweak, tweak, tweak...... is the name of the game.....

I had a Sony MD or something like that.... records on a little cd. Darn good too, at full screen on a 32" tube, almost looked like a real dvd movie. But, there goes that tweaking to get results that are nut crud.
Just like that Minolta Maxam 35mm, tweak....ect. Just like that KTM 500, tweak... or that '86 305 Z28 that passed a $20,000+ Mitubisti 3000 at 140mph..... oh, that just required a dual point dist. and an Eldebrock carb., stock ei and Holley was tossed. Tweak......a dummy (me) word for 'adjustments'.
Harcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2009, 6:39 AM   #24

you recieve software, and that is the key right there use it.:?

I justwonder how many do just that or they think it will work when they seee oh PMP nothing to do:shock:

Since My Pc is all clean and may need to reclean agin LOL on Super bowl sunday.

you have two options to do this

Total media Impressions or arcsoft converter. one will make a video and then transfer for you. or the onewill convertfor you.

Grasshopper:

1 open Arcsoft converter find file andadd it in

2 save to destination of your choice

3 convert, when done

Find file where saved, and this is the Key

A) rename that file to the cameras FILE NAME

B) place back in cam , back where movies are in.

try out cam

Trick to this is not to test out of LARGE files do a small one 10 secs.

when

I amsureI got a how to on this. andwhen time permits I shal do again more clearer.

Harcourt wrote:
Quote:
sandmanfvr wrote:
Quote:
Google "VLC" and get it for the Mac, can play almost anything. I run it on Windows and in Linux. I ran it on my mac when I had one and it played everything.
Yes..... Linux, the ur 'real' Unix OS.... haha.... poke..... VLC and Kaffine.... top notch stuff there...

My baby gotz her Jazzy 188 a couple dayz ago.... she is ten by the way.

She says 'daddy help LinuxMint Felicia Xfce recognize and work this cam for me, please..'

Oh, what a tuff task.... click, click, click, clickty click...... whoala..... presto...

USB thru cam or reader (4 gig sd), just fine. Her Barbie Doll Fashion Shows look just fine in the cam window or on the Unix machine. Indoor and outdoor lighting.

99% of movies and tv shows I gotz, is avi. The video is just fine on 22" screens, DVD quality, the sound pumps out at best only 5.1 though..... that sux...... Guess I gotz to tweak that Linux a bit for more channels...... I want 'em all..... da*n it....!

I just can't figure out how to load on videos to sd so the Jazz 188 camera can play 'em. Or can this cam not read trasferred video....? Dunno.....

I promised her to find out how so she can watch The Led music vids while 'doing' computing at school, ya know... how to type, open and close windows, what jpeg means ect.... all that useful stuff that she does on her Asus, AMD, Nvidia, MS board and mousy, HP, D-Link, Cisco, ViewSonic, ect.... running 6000+ Linux machine already, but forced to do it on a 'top notch' mAC....

Thanks in advance for an answer......
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote