Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 8, 2008, 6:59 PM   #91

But can you power the Aiptek in this way? Does it have a 5V input voltage?

Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2008, 7:59 PM   #92

Hi, I'm new to the forum and am interested in the Action HD.

I downloaded some of the samples and played them on the Popcorn Hour A-100. If you're not familar with the PCH, it's a networked media player based on the Sigma Designs SMP8635 media processor and Syabas middleware. It handles a variety of video containers and codecs (see their website).

The PCH does a great job of playing these samples on an HDTV. It does hardware decoding of the H.264 and AAC audio.

The PCH also is a sub-$200 device.

AJ
AJ500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2008, 8:18 PM   #93

Battery is a 3.7vdc from company. aftermarket battery is a 3.6 vdc

you can go as low as 3.0vdc or as high as 6.vdc before it gets pixalated by the power.

now mpost USB ports arew 5.0vdc and that iswhat the cam will accept in.

if from a usb port you will have to run 5.0vdc

Trevmar wrote:

Quote:
But can you power the Aiptek in this way? Does it have a 5V input voltage?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2008, 7:39 AM   #94

hello everybody. I am newbie on this forums and I 'm thinking of buying this camera. Is it possible that someone who is the owner of this camera to make more outdoor 1080P samples?? thank you
Andrey1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2008, 1:03 AM   #95

I've used TWO 2GB SD cards for this.. not SDHC, just SD... and they worked fine.. .. I'm a bit confused.. don't they have to be high speed?

Also... another thing is.. I'm a bit confused. For $199 I'm very surprised at the quality of the image of this camcorder.. am I missing something?
pgomberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2008, 6:34 AM   #96

sd cards are going higher speed and bigger they'll one day be out of date just a way to get you to spend $$$ and bigger size for more info.

199.0099 is the offered price this set price will not drop, Aiptek is a low budget company excluding all the bells and whistles if they add they will raise

the lowest price this started out was 299.99 and dropped to 194.00 the go. they set a standard price and it is solid at 199.99\ while the A-HD and PLUS are at war LOL never did I see a low price to make me want the lsser one.

As for pics I have the Plus not the Actrion the video will be identical less the AF (autofocus)
Old May 14, 2008, 8:53 AM   #97

Auto Focus of terror! (not to mention the auto light compensation jumps around drastically too).

I think for someone that doesn't really care the large depth of field of the fixed focus lens of the lesser model is easier to deal with.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2008, 10:27 AM   #98

Wayne12 wrote:
Quote:
Auto Focus of terror! (not to mention the auto light compensation jumps around drastically too).

I think for someone that doesn't really care the large depth of field of the fixed focus lens of the lesser model is easier to deal with.

I've only tried the Action HD, and yeah, at times the autofocus seems to try to focus CLOSER rather than FARTHER .. but overall I am satisfied with it for $199. Besides, do any of the lesser models have 3x optical zoom? I was under the impression that the Action HD was the only Aiptek HD model with optical zoom. And I really enjoy seeing depth of field on my videos..
Old May 14, 2008, 4:07 PM   #99

zoom-DV-6 was the start and wewnt up to othermodels only now with HD yes it is the lowest ball price
Old May 14, 2008, 5:44 PM   #100

One other thing.. I have gotten some INCREDIBLE close up images of my kids faces, coins, etc. using the macro on the Action HD. For $199 I'm befuddled but in a very good sense of the term. Anyhow, and now being able to compensate for the rolling shutter, there are SO MANY possibilities