Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 20, 2008, 2:13 PM   #131

Has anybody bought a replacement battery?
There are lots of NP-60 batteries on ebay, this one seems a good one (http://cgi.ebay.it/FOR-FUJI-FILM-NP60-NP-60-50i-601-F401-BATTERY-1200mAh_W0QQitemZ280227193702QQcmdZViewItem?hash=i tem280227193702& ) .
What do you think?
sr71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2008, 3:13 PM   #132

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
the Joystick was further out and now they sank it further in for reasons

I dropped my old one and well it fell off my lapp to the floor like a foot hit just right to break the whole dam thin

you can not fix it but need it repaired.

if it is the A-HD I would say order the board if it is the action I believe it is not the same like hte a-hd

Yeah... *or*.. I could just take it back to Walmart and get another one.. it's been under 30 days since I bought it

It IS functional however.. just doesn't spring back to center on it's own. If I manually put it to center, it will stay there.. in fact, it stays ANYWHERE I put it... :\
pgomberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2008, 4:05 PM   #133

It is broken an will get worse as you use it. if withing hte timespan I return agreed/.

pgomberg wrote:
Quote:
fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
the Joystick was further out and now they sank it further in for reasons

I dropped my old one and well it fell off my lapp to the floor like a foot hit just right to break the whole dam thin

you can not fix it but need it repaired.

if it is the A-HD I would say order the board if it is the action I believe it is not the same like hte a-hd

Yeah... *or*.. I could just take it back to Walmart and get another one.. it's been under 30 days since I bought it

It IS functional however.. just doesn't spring back to center on it's own. If I manually put it to center, it will stay there.. in fact, it stays ANYWHERE I put it... :
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2008, 12:35 AM   #134

Yeah.. I think I will exchange it.. another thing I've noticed.. and wonder if anyone else has.. sometimes when recording, I get visual corruption on parts of the video. I suspect it is from the processor overheating. The first time I noticed it was this weekend, I shot at 1080p and filled up a 2 gig card, and I was outdoors. I was shooting on and off but for about 10 or 20 minutes at a time. It was also around 100 degrees out +/- 7 degrees during the day. Filled one memory card, so I put in another, and noticed some visual distortion during recording while it was recording. So I lowered the res to 720p and I didn't notice it again until I viewed it on my PC, it was MUCH LESS, which is why I didn't notice it on the LCD screen.

Here is the sample:
http://search3.idrive.com/driveway/j...?id=yduuo39566

the most BLATANT offending frame is 37, it's only 42 frames long, it was THAT obvious to me so I stopped it. However, you can see distortion in frames 12, 36-40. Any ideas???

Oh, and something else I've experienced when it seems the unit gets very hot, is that after playing a movie, it won't recognize the mov files on the card until you power cycle the unit. All the thumbnails go to black and if you try to play one it says "INVALID MOV FILE" and then all of the thumbs turn into blue boxes with big red "X"s on them.

I have only noticed this when I have been constantly using the unit for maybe an hour or so of active use and it gets rather hot. If I set it aside, then use it later, I don't get the visual corruption... hmm... maybe I'll just mod this puppy with a custom HSF?.. maybe water cool it?
Old May 22, 2008, 4:18 PM   #135
-J-

I pulled the trigger and bought this camera today - I figure in the worst case scenario I can return it. I'm just going to use a spare 1 GB card for now - its not a class 6 so I guess that means I might have problems recording at 60fps at 720?

I'm ok with that as I think I know what I'm getting video wise - a potentially shaking but high quality recording... I'm more interested to see if the still photos pass muster because this will likely be our all purpose camcorder/camera (also dropped some cash on a refurbished Canon rebel xti 10 megapixel which will be the camera of choice when we can tote along something bigger)

Once I decide I'm keeping the Aiptek I'll buy a 8 GB SDHC - wondering if anyone can help me confirm whether my computer (which has a SD reader built in - its a Compact from 3 years ago) will be able to read a SDHC. There was a warning on this cheap SDHC (maybe too cheap?) that said:

"This high capacity card is only compatible with SDHC compliant products and are not backwards compatible with traditional SD format devices. More and more next generation devices are expected to host SDHC."

http://www.ecost.com/Detail/Flash+Me.../41093573.aspx

I just wanted to be sure that such cards can be read by a typical 3 year old computer before I spend money on it.

thanks for all the good hard work on this stuff guys!
-J- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2008, 6:29 PM   #136

-J-,

With SDHC cards, you don't really need to worry about your computer but you do need to worry about your card reader. You'll find card readers will now advertise that they are SDHC compatible. If you don't see it, don't trust it :-)

sfritzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2008, 6:41 PM   #137

sfritzinger,

have you noticed with your Action HD any of the issues I've posted about with mine?
Old May 22, 2008, 7:57 PM   #138
-J-

sfritzinger wrote:
Quote:
-J-,

With SDHC cards, you don't really need to worry about your computer but you do need to worry about your card reader. You'll find card readers will now advertise that they are SDHC compatible. If you don't see it, don't trust it :-)
Well, my card reader is integrated with my computer... and with the computer being 3 years old I'm guessing it might not be able to read an sdhc -

hopefully I can't mess up the formatting of the card by trying it - but if it doesn't work I guess I just need to buy a new separate card reader, which isn't the worst thing in the world

Thanks guys!

Old May 22, 2008, 8:10 PM   #139

just a lil thought:

camera is a card reader/writer, wil laccept a sdhc card if the firmware is older than 1.6 then you'll have to place new firmware in they left out certain challenges for the mac LOl yep and with updating you'll lose some of the quality of the camera.

the camera is catered more to the Windows world, and now becoming more to the Mac world the yare of both worlds and some sacrafrices has to come with this.

I notice when usinga sdhc card Ican delete my files o nthe camera and still see them when on a card reader off and away from the camera / I have founs that out a long time ago.

again just a lil thought.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2008, 10:58 PM   #140
-J-

Thanks fishycomics - just a few more questions if you don't mind (and I hope this thread is ok to use - I don't see the need to start a whole new thread just for little old me)

The specs say that a Class 6 is necessary in order to record at the highest resolution and speed - did you say earlier in this thread that's BS?

Will a regular SD be able to "record" the HD video?

Also I see the specs also call for a 3.2 Ghz computer with 2 GB of ram. I'm about half of that I think. Am I going to have problems viewing and editing on my computer?

Thanks guys - really appreciate the insight.