Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 15, 2008, 7:19 AM   #221

Tv av input recording, any type of device you can record into when you do off a vcr just remember not to hit any vcr buttons allow the vcr to start and run then hit the action record if you hit any button while recording ffw rew stop all shuts down ( mentioned on other threads)

As for youtube vimeo etc I may have links in my pro LMAO Kevin Becon, thanks .

Night timevideo all depends on the light my member the light

revenuer wrote:
Quote:
Greetings everyone, great site....

Just had to post, I'm Revenuer and new to the forum and a little knowledgable about video (very little). Going on Monday to walmart and buying the ActionHD, already got a 8gb card. Some questions to those of you who already have the Actionhd.

1. Anyone use Autogk / Super / Handbrake to convert video taken by the ActionHd for viewing on PS3. I know there is a thread here on "how to" but, i'm familiar w/ these programs already.

2. Says it can record from the tv? Like a tivo? Anyone done this? From broadcast hd? From homemovies dvd's? I've got a jvc minidv already, it's ok.

3. I think if I can convert the .mov files to avi or vob, I can watch them in "hd" on a standard dvd? I also have an Oppo dvd player, it plays avi files, might play other file formats too, i'm not sure.

4. Free editing software? Something like (but not) movie maker?

I might have more questions later. I'm gonna stick around here for a while, nice sight. I like all the samples over at Vimeo. Great scenery of the one w/ the lizard on the mtn. in Oregon.

On a side note, I found "fishycomics" review of a couple of the aipteks on youtube, then somehow or another got to vimeo. Then queried "aiptek forum" via google and found this place...and whaddaya know Mr. Fishycomics is here. Must be some sort of Kevin Bacon degree thing.

Peace be with you,
Revenuer

* Might try and use it at work for "major" crime scenes, I'll have to see the quality at night (read: write off)
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2008, 6:50 AM   #222

I keep reading that a lot of you are having issues with some videoediting software because the software does not want to open or read the Aiptek file correctly and for it to read it or open it you have to go through a pain in the a... conversion process which will of course reduce the quality of the video. Well I have great news...NO MORE!

All you have to do is go here: www.ahead.de

Get yourself a copy of Nero Ultra 8 Suite. The Nero suite has an editor called NeroVision which can read the Aiptek files on their original format without any problems whatsoever - of course you need to install the Aiptek codec that comes with the Aiptek CD first. This NeroVision editor is absolutely awesome, super fast and it will automatically do everything for you. You also have the option of doing things manually such as choose progressive encoding or not, choose which format you want your movie output to be - widescreen or PAN, Dolby Digital - Yes Nero will turn the Aiptek audio into Dolby Digital!!!!.

I am telling you guys. You need to try this. I have tried every editor there is and this one is the absolute easiest, most powerful I have seen. It even lets you create your DVD menu the way you want it. Your own pics, video, music. Whatever you want on it.

And the best part...The video quality is absolutely awesome. I don't know what technology they are using and what that Nero does but when it converts that Aiptek file to DVD, the quality of the output is simply out of this world amazing. You need to try it. You won't regret it. Trust me.
scorbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2008, 9:04 AM   #223

I own the european version named AHD Z500 Plus (i think the same of american hdv21x).
I asked Aiptek.de to send me the latest firmware version and they do it.

My original version was 1.2 and now i'm runnning the last one 1.5.

If you want to download that firmware you can grab it on my blog:

http://z500plus.blogspot.com/

Enjoy.
RyLoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2008, 9:17 AM   #224

Greetings RyLos:

That is very nice of you to post the new Firmware for the AHD Z500 or Action HD in
USA, on your blog site.

When I went to your blog site and looked at the file I noticed it is a .rar
extension file.

Does this mean the firmware is only for Apple OS computers.

Or is there a firmware version for Windows, .exe extension?

Regards Robert
RobMtl007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2008, 9:18 AM   #225
-J-

scorbing wrote:
Quote:
I keep reading that a lot of you are having issues with some videoediting software because the software does not want to open or read the Aiptek file correctly and for it to read it or open it you have to go through a pain in the a... conversion process which will of course reduce the quality of the video. Well I have great news...NO MORE!

All you have to do is go here: http://www.ahead.de

Get yourself a copy of Nero Ultra 8 Suite. The Nero suite has an editor called NeroVision which can read the Aiptek files on their original format without any problems whatsoever - of course you need to install the Aiptek codec that comes with the Aiptek CD first. This NeroVision editor is absolutely awesome, super fast and it will automatically do everything for you. You also have the option of doing things manually such as choose progressive encoding or not, choose which format you want your movie output to be - widescreen or PAN, Dolby Digital - Yes Nero will turn the Aiptek audio into Dolby Digital!!!!.

I am telling you guys. You need to try this. I have tried every editor there is and this one is the absolute easiest, most powerful I have seen. It even lets you create your DVD menu the way you want it. Your own pics, video, music. Whatever you want on it.

And the best part...The video quality is absolutely awesome. I don't know what technology they are using and what that Nero does but when it converts that Aiptek file to DVD, the quality of the output is simply out of this world amazing. You need to try it. You won't regret it. Trust me.
I'm not 100% sure what problems everyone else is having - I put in the CD that comes with the Aiptek - and in loading it I added QuickTime 7 which comes with it.

I didn't see an option for loading a separate Codec - I assume it is incorporated with that? When loading Quicktime 7 it asked me if I'd like to use a different program to view .mov files. I chose Windows Media player because generally I've always had some quirks with Quicktime.

The files themselves from what I can tell remain. .mov but WM is now the viewer of choice.

Watching the video directly off the camera/card from what I can tell still can be choppy - but downloading the files to the computer and watching them there seems to make for a very smooth high resolution viewing, with no issues that I've encountered.

In any event I didn't even load the Nero 7 Essentials that comes with the Aiptek as I have a more comprehensive version of Nero 6 and didn't want to mess that up.

Any other feedback that others have on any of these issues would be welcome

-J- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2008, 9:23 AM   #226
-J-

I posted this question in a separate thread but figure I'll ask it here as well.

I loaded the software that comes with the Aiptek Action HD - Total Media something or other - as I don't currently have any movie editing software.

From what I can tell this software allows me to edit out segments of the clips I take - and allows me to put those into a decent looking format for burning to a DVD.

But in terms of editing clips together, whether it be just merging clips or better yet fading in and out from one clip to another, it doesn't look like that software does it.

Does anyone have any advice on cheap, or better yet free movie editing software? Even if its not cheap or free, but user-friendly, I'm open to suggestions and will go about finding the software in my own way - in particular software that works well with the Aiptek format.

thanks!

Old Jun 16, 2008, 9:25 AM   #227
-J-

By the way - to the person who cautioned long ago in this thread to be wary of putting your Aiptek in the included case - i.e. that the little joystick gets stuck on the material and can be broken... THANKS!

That's a pretty signficant design flaw of that case and I need to take care every time that the joystick doesn't get caught and that I don't just shove it in a break it.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 9:33 AM   #228

Like I said on my above post, Use Nero 8 Suite. It has everything you need to edit and convert your videos to DVD easy, fast and with excellent quality. TotalMedia sucks.

To the other guys: The HDDV codec I am talking about is on the Aiptek installation CD. When you put the CD in and the autoplay menu comes up, you can the the HDDV codec button there to install it. I believe it is under the Quicktime button. I will post a screenshot as soon as I get home so you can see what I am talking about. I am on the road right now.

That codec makes Windows Media Player play the Aiptek videos flawlessly and also allows Nero to play them and edit them and eventually make the DVD.

Use Nero 8. You won't regret it. There is a trial version on their web site.

-J- wrote:
Quote:
I posted this question in a separate thread but figure I'll ask it here as well.

I loaded the software that comes with the Aiptek Action HD - Total Media something or other - as I don't currently have any movie editing software.

From what I can tell this software allows me to edit out segments of the clips I take - and allows me to put those into a decent looking format for burning to a DVD.

But in terms of editing clips together, whether it be just merging clips or better yet fading in and out from one clip to another, it doesn't look like that software does it.

Does anyone have any advice on cheap, or better yet free movie editing software? Even if its not cheap or free, but user-friendly, I'm open to suggestions and will go about finding the software in my own way - in particular software that works well with the Aiptek format.

thanks!

scorbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2008, 9:58 AM   #229

For the firmware on my blog site in .rar extension you need WinRAR to decompress it (rar it's like zip, but better).

Good Luck.
RyLoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2008, 4:06 PM   #230

I have been using my Aiptec A HD 1080p for awhile now and generally am pleased with it but need some advice on a problem. Trying to video a beach scene with wave action the auto focus and auto brightness keep changing when a big wave rolls in. I guess there is no way to freeze the settings? Any tricks or techniques I could try to capture wave action without the constant change in brightness and focus? thanks.
awindrider is offline   Reply With Quote