Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 23, 2008, 3:03 AM   #241

-J- wrote:
Quote:
scorbing wrote:
Quote:
-J- wrote:
Quote:
scorbing wrote:¬*
Quote:
Quote:

I'm not looking for anything fancy - all I want is something that¬*will allow for some smoothly faded editing of clips together, and allow me to cut out what I don't want.

It looks to me like Nero 7 does that - just not with .mov files.

Can you confirm that Nero 8 does all¬*that with .mov?

I know converting everything that the Aiptek makes (i.e. converting .mov to mpeg) would be the cheaper way to go but I'm looking for ease and convenience.

Also - it looks like many products adverstised as Nero 8 suites only come with Nero Vision 5 - which I'm guessing wouldn't do what I need it to.

http://www.google.com/products?q=ner...&hl=en&show=dd

Thanks

¬*

Yes, Nero 8 (NeroVision8) will let you edit .MOV files from the Aiptek without a problem. That's what I keep saying on my posts about Nero 8. You can edit your Aiptek .MOV files with it. It has fading effects and everything you need. Try it. You won't regret it.
OK - but just to be clear - there are many products on the market that say Nero 8 Essentials, Nero 8 Suite¬* etc.. those all come with Nero Vision 5 - NOT Nero Vision 8

I'm trying to see if there's any way to buy just Nero Vision 8 but I've yet to find it for sale

I'm wondering if what you have is Nero Vision 5 that comes with Nero 8¬*Suite

¬*http://www.nero.com/enu/nero8-applic...-included.html

Nero 8 Ultra Edition has EVERYTHING you need. Trust me.

Link: http://www.nero.com/enu/nero8-introduction.html

You can buy it at BestBuy or online at Newegg.com
OK - That means its Nero Vision 5 you're using...¬* so a much cheaper version of Nero 8 should suffice as opposed to Ultra.

http://www.nero.com/enu/nero8-applic...-included.html

¬*
Yes, I am using NeroVision 5. There is no cheaper version of Nero 8. Just Ultra and that's it.
scorbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2008, 6:02 PM   #242

OK, I found Nero 8 Essentials Suite 3 $12 at YesBuy.net.

http://www.yesbuy.net/nero-8-essenti...sta-ready.html

It seems to include the Nero Vision 5 (Essentials SE). Would this work as well? $12 is a lot easier than $80, at that is about half the price of the camera.
syeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2008, 10:03 PM   #243
-J-

syeager wrote:
Quote:
OK, I found Nero 8 Essentials Suite 3 $12 at YesBuy.net.

http://www.yesbuy.net/nero-8-essenti...sta-ready.html

It seems to include the Nero Vision 5 (Essentials SE). Would this work as well? $12 is a lot easier than $80, at that is about half the price of the camera.
I'm trying to confirm this direct with Nero-

They have so many components - like Nero Recode (which is also on my Nero 6) which seems to allow one to convert .mov to mpeg - or convert and go direct to DVD - I wouldn't want to assume that Nero Vision 5 works independently from the other components in Ultra or that the other components are not necessary.

Keep in mind that one of my issues is that I don't want to be bothered converting the Aiptek files to mpeg for editing and burning - my hope and expectation is that there's an editing and burning platform that can simply take the files as is, allow me to edit and burn to DVD.

Heck even editing them for now would be a plus.

Nero's initial response to my inquiry where I noted I had a camera that captured 1080 video in .mov formatwas that I needed Ultra because that was the only system that allowed one to burn toBlue Ray.

I clarified, noting that I have no immediate plans to burn to Blue Ray(though in the futureI suppose I might) and that I simplywas looking to edit .mov filesand burn them to DVDs.

I'll see what response thatgets me, as I too found Nero Essentialsmuch cheaper (heck, I even foundsomeone selling it for $3!)
-J- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2008, 12:30 AM   #244

-J- said:
Quote:
Keep in mind that one of my issues is that I don't want to be bothered converting the Aiptek files to mpeg for editing and burning - my hope and expectation is that there's an editing and burning platform that can simply take the files as is, allow me to edit and burn to DVD.
I agree absolutely. I know I read somewhere that hd video files could be burnt to a standard dvd, but i don't know what format those "files" are and I can't find what i read. I've had my aiptek actionHD for 5 days now and I like the camera and would buy another, BUT i can't edit the .mov format. What i want is a free/cheap software that's similar to windows movie maker...I have ideas, plans, etc for videos

What i've done so far, i've figure out that a program called "dvdclick" will convert your .mov videos to .vob so they can be burnt to a dvd via imageburn or nero (whatever your flavor). Super will convert them, vlc media player will play them (as you all know). I've been converting dvd's to different formats for a while now, just not home video or .mov files. Windows movie maker reads me jvc minidv files (whatever they are) just fine, but I want to use my new aiptek of course.

Problem is when i convert the to dvd/vob files i loose quaility. It still looks good on my ps3, but not HD. I tried plugging my aiptek into my ps3 via usb, it wouldnt read/see the videos on the camera.....sucks. May have to play around w/ that a bit to see if i can get it working.

The total media extreme software doesnt / won't open the .mov files, says invalid format or file. I may need some sort of codec, not sure.

I haven't tried using my other programs yet, handbrake, autogk and some others i use. Regardless, i'm still not able to use a "movie maker" software on the .mov files w/out paying out the ass for software.

Microsoft.com has some WMV HD files for download, why isnt there a plugin / codec for movie maker? Windows media player plays some of my HD content..........why not movie maker? I'm using movie maker as an example, it's the one i have. I can't purchase vegas studio or adobe, what's out there under $50.00?
revenuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2008, 10:02 AM   #245

Make certain you install the codec from the aiptek disk. I used aiptek's totalmedia extreme and it read the .mov files perfectly. And totalmedia extreme took my 1280x720x60p .mov clips and wrote them to a dvd using the high quality setting and I got some interesting results. It seems to have output them in hd res, so much so, most of my dvd players cannot handle it. Some wont read it. Others see the menus and play the clips, but slowly and with apparent frame loss. I am guessing it preserved the 60fps but the dvd player could not resolve this correctly and plays them slowly. I have yet to play with 30fps nor have I confirmed the dvd's video resolution,so if I find something new, I will post.

I have tried to use totalmedia extreme's video export, but it does seem to lose quality with the clips I have tried.

I am looking to download the nero 8 ultra, as several people have said it is great.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 1:23 PM   #246

Codecs? Where is that on the aiptek disk? Nero, what's nero going to do? I have Nero 7 essentials.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 5:34 PM   #247

Does anyone know how to check the firmware versionand what version is being used by the people that are getting good results? There results I got from my Action HD produces good results, but there was obvious blocking on vertical objects (which someone on this forum stated there were none) and my .mov files blow up some programs (but the samples on this site do not).
Old Jun 24, 2008, 6:05 PM   #248

once again (lol) turn on

mode you see all its icons

now hold these two down

hold the mode and hit the backspace on the lcd

finished
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2008, 9:44 PM   #249

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
once again (lol) turn on

mode you see all its icons

now hold these two down

hold the mode and hit the backspace on the lcd

finished
Thanks, mine says:

Full:V1.308
HW: X5
Time: Mar27 2008 17:03 (not sure why it says Mar 27 when it is set as June27)
Nand: HY27US081G2A
Bin: sd_z5x5.bin
Lens: TB6512AF
Sensor:MT9P001
ROM: 10MB, DSP:2048KB
AF Cal:1 Bp Cal:1
Color Cal:1, WB Cal:1
Lib base:V3.1.0.0-0319
Default Lang6ENG
Num of Lang:15
Model:Z5X5P
Maker:
DT:2000-00-00,00:00:00
Line_Num:L0
Worker_Num:W0000
Level:0
WPN:M

fishbulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2008, 1:28 AM   #250

Started an Aiptek Action HD channel on Vimeo. Couldn't find one, so i started one. Please join.

http://www.vimeo.com/aiptekactionhd

Steve