Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 4, 2008, 4:04 AM   #301

Does anybody know if there is a difference between european AHD Z500p and international AHD HD-DV 1080P firmware??

How do you select the language??

hdtvgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2008, 4:27 AM   #302

as I followed this between the hybrid one has av input, and the Fw will not enable it of North american, F to the Germany model. if Fw is loaded they claim no Flashing Back.

thiswas the info provided before Aip decided to cut loose
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2008, 4:39 AM   #303

Thanks for the info. But do you know if there is an option to select the installation language??
Old Sep 4, 2008, 4:51 AM   #304

Aiptek did give two files one is language the other FW. if you have how many?

9 then you'll upgrade to 15, then thenextFW will have thefull load with 1 additional more to make 16, they are most countries, ifyou are looking for one particular contact aiptek force them anddo not give up contact tawain base, andrequest your own language . itwill be possable to ad done since nothing is being changed?

we have the right we have tat option but arecontrolled by them when purchased.

hdtvgr wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for the info. But do you know if there is an option to select the installation language??
Old Sep 4, 2008, 5:19 AM   #305

just wrote Aiptek a mail...

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
Aiptek did give two files one is language the other FW. if you have how many?

9 then you'll upgrade to 15, then thenextFW will have thefull load with 1 additional more to make 16, they are most countries, ifyou are looking for one particular contact aiptek force them anddo not give up contact tawain base, andrequest your own language . itwill be possable to ad done since nothing is being changed?

we have the right we have tat option but arecontrolled by them when purchased.

hdtvgr wrote:
Quote:
Old Sep 4, 2008, 2:07 PM   #306

:idea:
Steve is it, nice work. Bro I have a scrip to consumer reports, and you break this down much better than they do.

I eagerly await the day that someone like you takes over consumer reports.

I would also like to point out that I was not going to purchase this camera due to the lack of consumer confidence. Furthermore, it was not even on the consumer reports web site.

Lucky for me I saw your cam review~
That camera they gave you, they just made it back because as soon as I complete this message, I am going to purchase one from best buy.com

Thanks for the insight,
Chris Peer
Peer200x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2008, 3:05 PM   #307

Welcome aboard Peer.....

steve who? I am the one you are talking about but Steve is not my name at all,a nd no offense:lol:

I do my best not to gramb one in to buy because forevery one that issold I get commission right nope, my own, personal time money and effort.

Today I taken my cam out and I got bad video shots, I understand why it failed. these consumers have a list and they keep to it. why they never added tis to it :G

but rather tell then tehy're wrong they know its wrong and they are again just doing what they're told. my 2 cents

I look fora sale price beforeI jump into the water enjoy

Peer200x wrote:
Quote:
:idea:
Steve is it, nice work. Bro I have a scrip to consumer reports, and you break this down much better than they do.

I eagerly await the day that someone like you takes over consumer reports.

I would also like to point out that I was not going to purchase this camera due to the lack of consumer confidence. Furthermore, it was not even on the consumer reports web site.

Lucky for me I saw your cam review~
That camera they gave you, they just made it back because as soon as I complete this message, I am going to purchase one from best buy.com

Thanks for the insight,
Chris Peer
Old Sep 4, 2008, 3:16 PM   #308

Hello,

I just update the firmware of the Z500 Plus from 1.2 to 1.5. I don't know yet the benefit but I like to have the last firmware.
When I put them too close to do stereoscopy (about 5cm from their center) when I open one LCD, the other other one stop. I need to find the metal sheet to block this magnet ON/OFF.
The focus make me a little crazy as it zooms a little bit (on one cam and not the other) and for stereoscopy, it's not good at all.
As you said : this cam is for outdoor ! too grainy indoor.
itou31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2008, 6:10 AM   #309

You can try to shield with button magnets, depending on the design.

I am not surprised that you are having such trouble with the 3D stereo. Firstly compression is probably an issue, requiring more bit rate, the lens and aperture has to be locked down (so fixed lens might help). There is another thread on replacing the lens in some Aiptek camera, and I suggest that if you can turn control off and on, it maybe helpful.

itou31 wrote:
Quote:
Hello,

The focus make me a little crazy as it zooms a little bit (on one cam and not the other) and for stereoscopy, it's not good at all.
As you said : this cam is for outdoor ! too grainy indoor.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2008, 7:44 PM   #310

I'm having major issues exporting 720p, 60fps footage from my Aiptek A-HD in Premiere Pro. I have tried many export settings but keep getting choppy video, major artifacting, or some combination of the two.

Does anybody know what the right setting is or have a Premiere Pro preset you can send me?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
madams2419 is offline   Reply With Quote