Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 30, 2008, 9:11 AM   #341

Hi all, great forum!

I'm from EU and I almost bought Aiptek z500 , but I found out that EU version doesn't have AV-IN, which isvery interesting for me. So now I'm confused.

Is any way to make z500 works as AV-IN

Can anybody tell me if US version Aiptek Action HD 1080 works with Sporty Cam?

http://www.aiptek.eu/index.php?option=com_product&task=view&pro ductid=121&lang=en

If Sporty Cam workswith Action HD, I'm going for US version, but I don't know how get it to EU. Any ideas? :G
Peter11a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2008, 4:19 PM   #342

http://vimeo.com/2208324

actionHd usin macro i call this macrovision a short clip
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2008, 10:36 PM   #343

FYI, walmart.com has the action hd for $149.00. The price has dropped almost $30. in the last month.

Also, does anyone have any feedback on this product?
Speed HD8Z

Has some pretty good specs.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HD8Z-HD-1080P-Fl...:B:SRCH:US:101
daltex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2008, 5:32 AM   #344

welcome aboard DAlt.....

daltex wrote: [/b]
Quote:
FYI, walmart.com has the action hd for $149.00. The price has dropped almost $30. in the last month.

Also, does anyone have any feedback on this product?
Speed HD8Z

Has some pretty good specs.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HD8Z-HD-1080P-Fl...:B:SRCH:US:101
Old Nov 13, 2008, 8:57 PM   #345

Thanks to Fishy & Idaho for your interest. The color shift was nota cam issue, but one with the computer I was using. QuickTime & Media Player Classic don't properly play 1080 or 720 files. As stated B4 there is bad color shift. 480 files played just fine with above players. After my first post, I went back & reread this whole thread. I tried Windows Media Player (like everybody else was using) it played all resolutions. Tried VLC & it looks even better, the colors are more vivid. This all applies to a puter with XP home as the OS. I also have a Vista Basic puter, QuickTime plays all resolutions, but WMP will not recognize the files.

Do I have to load the applications on the Action HD CD for the Vista Machine to use WMP? This is a clean puter & I'd like to keep it that way.

Oh, I got tired of the hunting for focus these cams have, so I'm researching the issue:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1yugloot/

1yugloot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2008, 2:13 AM   #346

Just FYI, some might find this very useful, but I just got an ATI HD 3850 video card. It has what's called UVD (Universal Video Decorder) chip built into it. It can playback HD content such as AVC1 and H264 streams.

http://ati.amd.com/technology/Avivo/features.html

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unified_Video_Decoder

I was able to use this to playback ALL my videos I recorded with the Aiptek Action HD by simply doing two things. #1, I renamed the extension of the files from MOV, to MP4. #2, I used Media Player Classic Home Cinema:

http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/DXVASupport.html

It's nice because before this I was not even able to playback my 720p 60fps without there being some choppiness. Now I can playback even my 1080p encoded videos with total smoothness and I don't have to rely on the Aiptek to play them

pgomberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2008, 10:07 AM   #347

I bought and aiptek action hd, i have to return it because of the rattle noise that its does when zooming and autofocus, there was so much noise that nohting else can be heared. I've returned it. I'll like to know if this is a normal situation, i've tested the one in display on wlamart, and didn't seem to have this noise, maybe the ambient noise in walmart disguised the situation.

I'll like to buy a new one, i've saw aiptek action hd+, insignia 750p 5 M and of course the action hd. Which will you recommend.

I just want 720p video resolution.

Thank you very much.
manuelc2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2008, 3:08 PM   #348

Action HD+ not sure waht that is?

Action HD the cam you purchased was more likely a older model, causing the gear noise we all heard, you have to either get a new one with a newer FW or update. good ole lab rats deny Firmware releses.

Insignia is on sale thisfull 4 day week before black friday 99.99 or 30 more for the extras, while wallyworld carrys the Jazz elite HDV-188. this leading to asking BB if they have FW updates?

again you are throwingme fora loop on that Action + or you ment A-HD+

manuelc2k wrote:
Quote:
I bought and aiptek action hd, i have to return it because of the rattle noise that its does when zooming and autofocus, there was so much noise that nohting else can be heared. I've returned it. I'll like to know if this is a normal situation, i've tested the one in display on wlamart, and didn't seem to have this noise, maybe the ambient noise in walmart disguised the situation.

I'll like to buy a new one, i've saw aiptek action hd+, insignia 750p 5 M and of course the action hd. Which will you recommend.

I just want 720p video resolution.

Thank you very much.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 3:18 AM   #349

One thing I must say.. now that I'm able to playback the 1080p videos without any dropped frames.... I MUCH prefer shooting at the 1080p 30fps rather than the 720p 60fps due to the clairity of the 1080p!!! For some reason edges look jagged and bumpy in 720p, as if the image is being POORLY resized. The 1080p however is very smooth and clean! I would prefer it to be 1080p in 60fps.. but this camera doesn't have that feature...

it would be cool if we could hack it to do 60fps, mainly because of the lame rolling shutter slant effect that is so dominant in the 30fps shooting.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 11:01 AM   #350

You know, one thing I like so much about the Action HD is it's size. This might sound funny but for the last 3 months or MORE, I have always had it on my belt via it's pouch. In fact, I don't even notice it! I use it alot for work, I do IT work, and sometimes I want to make sure I remember how to put a laptop or LCD TV back together and I will use it to shoot the cables. I also will use it to record the serial #'s off of hardware so that I don't have to physically write it down. I saw the Samsung HMX10C on sale brand new for $245.00 shipped, and that is a great deal, but it is still not as compact as the aipteks are. For me this is HUGE because no matter how good my camera is, if I don't have it with me or easily accessible, I won't use it as much. With my aiptek I can capture more spur of the moment shots than I might with a larger camera. I do wish it had stereo sound though. I may be lookin' at the reviews for the Action HD pro, or plus, or whatever the name of the one is that comes with an external mic jack.