Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 29, 2009, 11:35 PM   #381

okay so today i recieved my bower m.power conversion lens. super wide .38x... and they are amazing. so far i love them. i will make sure to post some vids this weekend

im gonna wait to send in my defected camera a lil to get some footage with the lens
jnathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2009, 11:46 PM   #382

here is a clip withthe new lens... notice how greater the quality is than all of the others. it is a full screen and not stretched. cause i didnt upload it to imovie this time i just straight uploaded the single clip

how do i make i movie make it not stretch. its sooo annoying

straight clip with new lens http://vimeo.com/3101753
old video stretched using imovie http://vimeo.com/2877497 >:O
Old Feb 12, 2009, 1:39 AM   #383

yay! well i havnt tested it out yet. but i have a solution to the problem. here i created a question thread on this forum and got it answered. look. this may help you out!

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...=1#post7095378
Old Mar 24, 2009, 4:06 PM   #384

I read this post from beginning to end; some questions that I did not see answered: 1 - How long continuous recording camera supports independent of memory capacity?
2 - The quality of the recordings av-in?
3 - The lack of Image stabilizer is so bad?
4 - The recording on low light is so bad too ?

The camera seems to be all good for the price :!:
André is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2009, 4:54 PM   #385

Welcome Andre'

Sometimes following, or reading hte post itbecomes hard to get hte questions answered. So I shall do my best, here, as I own this model, and sits on theside as I now use the GVS.

q1. Unlimited, or until battery dies. If cam is dropped or battery is low. The camera saves the file, shuts down, older models the camera currupts.

q2. 720x480, interpolated. the cameras AV input will record in only one mode and in stereo, not mono.

q3. is that a question or comment. steady hands gets a steady video, you will learn to practice techniques, like holding the cam close to the body, elbows in etc. EIS is just what you make of it.

q4. is that a question or comment. The low level is much better over the newer two, Again what you make of it.

There are videos all out there, hope you enjoythem thanks

André wrote:
Quote:
I read this post from beginning to end; some questions that I did not see answered: 1 - How long continuous recording camera supports independent of memory capacity?
2 - The quality of the recordings av-in?
3 - The lack of Image stabilizer is so bad?
4 - The recording on low light is so bad too ?

The camera seems to be all good for the price :!:
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2009, 8:19 PM   #386

So fellas, I found this thread.

Have been looking at this camera to order and take on vacation to the Caribbean. Do you think it will suit my needs? As I am looking for something with a quick boot up and the HD picture sounds good.

Fishy - I saw you did some Hockey footage over on youtube, how well did the acutal raw footage turn out? As I would like to record some hockey with it possibly.

Thanks, -ben
mooneyes13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2009, 12:11 AM   #387

Honestly, I do not know Why theHXXL manufacteres don´t make some camera"top line" : What we have in one, has no other, as a stabilizer or optical zoom or even a good recording in av-in.

Why is that? I am tired of looking for the perfect camera, even if i had to pay a little more!

Now,i m looking for a ddv-5120A but I read that it also has problems in microphone and the av-in (20FPS).
What to do ? :??:?
André is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2009, 6:00 AM   #388

André wrote:
Quote:
What to do ? :??:?
Buy a Canon HF100 on closeout

The Kodak Z1012 is not bad, either, or the V1073 if you need a pocketable device.

Anyway, that's what I am using these days None are perfect, but the combination seems to get the job done...

Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2009, 7:04 AM   #389

http://www.diytrade.com/china/4/prod...Camcorder.html

as i searched and found this site and contact hmm wonder if, just if LOL. but we know the answer?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2009, 2:20 PM   #390

Hi there!
I just want to share my experience with the Aiptek GVS also known as Aiptek Z700.
Buying it on ebay for only 113€ makes it quite a bargain i believe.
Regarding the camera's looks I'm satisfied, however this has not been my major reason for purchasing this particular camera. Especially the black version which is the only one being sold in Germany appears only half as cheap as it is The other side of the coin is that the shiny black plastic is easily being scratched not to mention that it is an extraordinary thumbprint magnet. When using the camcorder you will notice that smooth zooming is hard to do since the button for this is hard to push which will result in shook footage, especially if you already have zoomed in a lot. In my eyes the display is huge but you have to look at it from a somewhat awkward angle, otherwise everything appears much to dark. Furthermore the EIS does only little i think. It is not to be compared with real, physical image stabilization. Considering the lens cap that comes with the cam one thinks there ought to be something to attach its strap to but i can't imagine where. Unfortunately there seems to be bug: If you turn the camera on and immediately try to record a video you might get an error saying "low battery" or that your SD card is too slow, even though i use a genuine SanDisk Ultra II 4GB. Considering the camera's low price i find the low light performance bearable although a LED video lamp would be a very nice feature. In spite of these negative aspects the camera has some stuff on the pro-side, too: In contrast to the bad audio quality (overdrive), the video quality in well lit environement is very pleasing, even at lower resolution it still looks nice. After all I'd prefer it over a miniDV camcorder since the video recording via firewire is nothing but bothersome. What i also liked was the remote that came with the Aiptek but i haven't really testet it yet. Another con is the missing winding for filters and other additional equipment

Recently I bought a quad-core computer and wanted to edit my footage in Adobe Premiere but still it's not running as smooth as I expected which is probably due to the h.264 codec that requires a LOT of power:/
p5cl is offline   Reply With Quote