Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 5, 2008, 6:21 AM   #81

sfritzinger wrote:
Quote:
I just posted a new sample (Macro 720p60) in the review. I was in sacramento this past weekend and noticed a snail on the sidewalk. Set my Action HD on macro, got really close, and hit record.
I did that with a Bumble Bee it is amazing how up to 2 inchs on the go and 20 on the A
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2008, 8:02 PM   #82

I got the Action HD this afternoon. I am charging the battery now.The manualsays to charge the battery for 8 hours the 1st time. The led light turned from red to green in one hour. I tried to call tech support but they put me on hold for more than 10 minutes. I think I am going to keep it charged for another 6 hours. Any comments on this. Thanks. I hope I am not wrecking the battery by overcharging it.:?
DC_newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2008, 9:34 PM   #83

1. New camera not a Ebay model. the battery will have 20% juice or more. a full charge would be around 3 hours max you have an option

A IS-DV external charger 4 hours

B Ac adapter around 3-4 hours

C USB port around 3-4 hours

the First intial is always 8 hours, and can be just a gimmack today you'll warm it up trickle it if it has that which I doubt it no instructions say that when after fully charge goes to a trickle.

Cam will get warm be warm and stay warm, once you use the battery in the cam Please do not recharge right away, allow to cool down 5 minutes will be fine.

Yo are welcomed
Old May 7, 2008, 10:03 PM   #84

Thanks for the info, fishy!

I don't think I have time to play with it tonight. Hopefully tomorrow after work.
DC_newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2008, 10:09 PM   #85

As far as I know, the battery is fully charged when the light goes out.

Private Idaho
Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2008, 10:47 PM   #86

when the light changes to green yes it is fully charged, as firs time they want you to keep it at full strength. you still can operate while charging
Old May 7, 2008, 10:54 PM   #87

Fishy, is there a power socket on the camera, like there is on the HD700 and HD1000?

Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2008, 6:43 AM   #88

Yes it is shared with the USB 2.0 interface plug. on hte aiptek site you can purchase a plug if no t probably modify the ac adapters one to a external battery souce. I did not try this on the HD700. On the Hd we have that option a cradle charge and dv external plug charge
Old May 8, 2008, 11:43 AM   #89

The HD700 has a power socket on the camera. I usually plug in a battery pack (with 4xAA NiMH) when I am doing a long recording, this powers the HD700 from the AA batteries, and does not exhaust its internal battery (for the first 2 hours or so). The HD1000 behaves the same way.

Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2008, 5:10 PM   #90

I was unsure I knew 3AA did not work needed to be roughly 5vdc as the supply

Trevmar wrote:
Quote:
The HD700 has a power socket on the camera. I usually plug in a battery pack (with 4xAA NiMH) when I am doing a long recording, this powers the HD700 from the AA batteries, and does not exhaust its internal battery (for the first 2 hours or so). The HD1000 behaves the same way.