Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 4, 2008, 10:58 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
pinnoy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 20
Default

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/dx...008/4252376682

I've noticed something though: at 9:35 the DXG guys says he's filming at 1080p using the IPOD-like DXG-567V.

Yet in the DXG Website
http://www.dxgtechusa.com/new/products-list.php?pid=36

it says that the DXG-567V shoots only at 720p!
pinnoy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 4, 2008, 11:50 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,084
Default

Well they did mention that 1080p is the second generation. Perhaps they are only showing the first generation on their website at the moment.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2008, 3:11 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 584
Default

I decided to hang tight on buying the DXG-567 I want (for stealth use) until the 1080p upgrade comes out. Amazon is selling the 720p versions now, but I called DXG and they de-emphasized an immediate buy. So we shouldn't have long to wait.

It will be interesting to see if the lens and sensor can live up to the promise of 1080p..

Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2008, 3:04 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
pinnoy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 20
Default

The Ipod like camera was also my best choice, but the inability to shoot stills turned me off. Hopefully the 2nd gen will shoot stills as well as shoot 60fps.
pinnoy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2008, 9:55 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,084
Default

The inability to shoot stills is odd since I noticed it has a 5MP sensor. Not having to shoot stills should allow it to use a sensor with a smaller pixel count giving it better low light sensitivity. I think this is why the flips seem to be good in low light, at least from the video clips I have seen. The only use a VGA sensor! Of course they are not HD but by sacrificing still ability you should be able to use a more appropriatly sized sensor. Of course 5MP sensors seem to be very common in these devices now, so I suspect it was simple economies of scale that led them to use the 5MP sensor.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2008, 11:51 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
pinnoy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 20
Default

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
The inability to shoot stills is odd since I noticed it has a 5MP sensor. Not having to shoot stills should allow it to use a sensor with a smaller pixel count giving it better low light sensitivity. I think this is why the flips seem to be good in low light, at least from the video clips I have seen. The only use a VGA sensor! Of course they are not HD but by sacrificing still ability you should be able to use a more appropriatly sized sensor. Of course 5MP sensors seem to be very common in these devices now, so I suspect it was simple economies of scale that led them to use the 5MP sensor.
The DXG-567V shoots HD, as stated in http://www.dxgtechusa.com/new/products-list.php?pid=36.


pinnoy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2008, 9:38 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,084
Default

pinnoy2 wrote:
Quote:
rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
The inability to shoot stills is odd since I noticed it has a 5MP sensor. Not having to shoot stills should allow it to use a sensor with a smaller pixel count giving it better low light sensitivity. I think this is why the flips seem to be good in low light, at least from the video clips I have seen. The only use a VGA sensor! Of course they are not HD but by sacrificing still ability you should be able to use a more appropriatly sized sensor. Of course 5MP sensors seem to be very common in these devices now, so I suspect it was simple economies of scale that led them to use the 5MP sensor.
The DXG-567V shoots HD, as stated in http://www.dxgtechusa.com/new/products-list.php?pid=36.

Sorry I didn't make it clear. I was on about the flip video camcorders when I said they are not HD, not the DXG-567V. Sorry for the confusion.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2008, 5:48 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
adalfa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Denmarkian
Posts: 266
Default

I too was very keen on bying one DVS-567 but no still image function, whaaat?!! Tht's wack DXG! Can this even be called a "hybrid" when it doesn't do anything but record movie. I REALLY hope DXG put in a still function in newer versions of this cam. I don't really care for 1080p cuz most likely it will look crap imo(low bitrate n lots of compression artifacts).


Trevmar wrote:
I decided to hang tight on buying the DXG-567 I want (for stealth use)

Hehehe! Are u a spy or secret agent:lol: Maybe shooting some street voyeur booty action:G
adalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 3:29 PM.