Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 6, 2008, 7:19 AM   #121

SubaruB4 wrote:
Quote:
How well do you think this camera will do at filming the NYC subway? Also how long of a video can I do with 2GB? and can this camera take a 16GB SDHC card?
4 gig is the max on one and 8 gig on the other. stated on the boxs

also battery will die way before you even get near 4 gig. so mentioning no one knows , its deep in the thread , amy even be mentioned at the main . so we did not ignore. I believe also that 2 gig should do fine andwhen a card gets surrupted at least 2-4 gig you can pull your info off fasterthan a 16gig slower.

my 2 cents
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2008, 8:49 AM   #122

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
SubaruB4 wrote:
Quote:
How well do you think this camera will do at filming the NYC subway? Also how long of a video can I do with 2GB? and can this camera take a 16GB SDHC card?

also battery will die way before you even get near 4 gig. so mentioning no one knows , its deep in the thread , amy even be mentioned at the main . so we did not ignore. I believe also that 2 gig should do fine andwhen a card gets surrupted at least 2-4 gig you can pull your info off fasterthan a 16gig slower.

my 2 cents
Info on these cameras are all over the place so it's hard to track them down... like someone else said 8GB could of been the max during the time this camera was tested Also like I said I have 3 NP-60 battery's so battery life is not an issue just glad it uses a battery I already have.

If a 2GB gets me a little over 1Hour of video then a 8GB should be around 6?
SubaruB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2008, 9:48 AM   #123

If you have one or a few. a mod battery pack would be best, for uninterrupted power. So then yes a higher memory card will do. otherwise We all carry spares today and when needed we switch over to fresh ones.

SubaruB4 wrote:
Quote:
fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
SubaruB4 wrote:
Quote:

my 2 cents
Info on these cameras are all over the place so it's hard to track them down... like someone else said 8GB could of been the max during the time this camera was tested Also like I said I have 3 NP-60 battery's so battery life is not an issue just glad it uses a battery I already have.

If a 2GB gets me a little over 1Hour of video then a 8GB should be around 6?
Old Jul 6, 2008, 11:33 AM   #124

SubaruB4 wrote:
Quote:
I have 3 NP-60 battery packs so battery life is not that much of an issue...also I'm getting a 16GB card since I can use it for something other then the camera as well since my Laptop has a SD card slot.

I brought a new HDV-178 off ebay for about $95 so it should be here around Tuesday or Wednesday I hope. Right now I only have a 1GB and 2Gb SD card.
I understand what you're saying. I was just meaning that the largest useful memory card size was limited by how long you can continuously record. ie no difference in having multiple cards or one large card in that case.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2008, 11:33 AM   #125

Camera just arrived feels decent will be doing some tests later today
Old Jul 9, 2008, 11:56 AM   #126

It is a great lil device,

I am sure you'll have tons of fun. glad it arrived in a single peice
Old Jul 9, 2008, 12:03 PM   #127

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
It is a great lil device,

I am sure you'll have tons of fun. glad it arrived in a single peice
I'm glad I got out bidded on an open one that was new but without the box, I got a brand new one still in the package and spent about $15 less.

and came in two days after it shipped on the 7th.

my two battery packs are all charged so in a few after 1pm I will try some outdoor video.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 1:39 PM   #128

Could someone zip up the CD with the drivers etc on and post it somewhere like rapidshare/sendspace?

Id really appreciate it!
jagshrapnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2008, 3:31 PM   #129

Jazz's cd

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hq1u7v

http://www.sendspace.com/delete/hq1u7v/74a6f.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 3:40 PM   #130

I notice on this camera the color changes according to how much light is pointed at the camera the darker it is the less color the camera has...