Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 28, 2008, 1:18 PM   #161

I found that out today zoom in and up down not yet left right for me LOl will see later Lol thanks I knew it was there somewhere

Kad.. welcome aboard. its perfect for that all we can say

blackboxwlan wrote:
Quote:
fishycomics:
after zooming in/out using the up/down slider you can press in on it (ok button) the zoomed selection will turn red then you can use the left or right arrow to move the zoomed area left or right and the slider for up/down.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 8:28 PM   #162

I took some video about 2 weeks ago at a wedding party just never got around to showing them.. no point in having sounds since it was just too loud...

the video was so-so.
SubaruB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2008, 12:37 PM   #163

SubaruB4 wrote:
Quote:
I took some video about 2 weeks ago at a wedding party just never got around to showing them.. no point in having sounds since it was just too loud...

the video was so-so.
Remember we are talking about a $99 camera here!

I always think the best way to get an idea of how regular (ie non enthusiast) people feel about video quality is to show a video clip without telling them what camera you took it on. When I showed some video from my Jazz to friends, they immediately commented on how clear it was. They are then gobsmacked when I say it's a $99 camera. Now remember though they are not video enthusiasts looking for artifacts etc.

The problem I find is that as video enthusiasts we tend to be constantly comparing video from different models and in the end we end up noticing even the smallest problem which ends up bugging us. A bit like the stuck pixel you get on a TV etc. Once you notice it, you are forever bugged by it :G Yet the average person who is not doing this won't notice any problem and to them it looks fine.

Now this camera has it's problems as I have said before and one of them, though not unique to this camera is that it doesn't cope well with a bright background with can make the foreground underexposed for instance. Of course you can compensate a certain amount with the manual adjustments it has but it's still not going to be as good as the more expensive models but for a general purpose camera I am finding it cannot be beat as I am not afraid to take it anywhere!
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2008, 5:29 PM   #164

http://vimeo.com/1437093

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZZC1-Ya7nrY

Youtube option for hd or not.

I have to agree with RGVCAM subaru84..

i just tossed this togethre in a few minutestime, but Steve went haywire and updated hmmm hours later

enjoy
Old Aug 1, 2008, 12:50 PM   #165

As isaid cam is with me, I awoke from a short napp. and was one day goingto take care of that branch LOl no onewas hurt. it fell on its own

Old Aug 4, 2008, 5:48 PM   #166

http://vimeo.com/1466685

a big green worm oh I used to know LOL.

the cam was not on macro widh I did not jam it but I could have easily removed the tab no big deal. sharpness setting etc was not correct; its on film and got it so that is all taht mattered thank you
Old Aug 5, 2008, 1:04 PM   #167

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
http://vimeo.com/1437093

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZZC1-Ya7nrY

Youtube option for hd or not.

I have to agree with RGVCAM subaru84..

i just tossed this togethre in a few minutestime, but Steve went haywire and updated hmmm hours later

enjoy
Fun video there. Hard to believe it's a $99 camera sometimes.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 1:06 PM   #168

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
http://vimeo.com/1466685

a big green worm oh I used to know LOL.

the cam was not on macro widh I did not jam it but I could have easily removed the tab no big deal. sharpness setting etc was not correct; its on film and got it so that is all taht mattered thank you
I think the term you might be looking for is caterpillar :G It seems to be out of focus. Did you not have it on macro?
Old Aug 5, 2008, 1:34 PM   #169

no I Had in infinity and a wide angle and too close. causing itto be out of focus..

yep i think cattapillers are a lot smaller i thought. deffently not an inch worm Lol I looked up the green tomato worm not it. verysuprize to see them in a city LOL

also I remember seeing sticks and Preying mantises.,

working on a short clip subway rides . had not riden a subway in years LOL.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 1:49 PM   #170

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
no I Had in infinity and a wide angle and too close. causing itto be out of focus..

yep i think cattapillers are a lot smaller i thought. deffently not an inch worm Lol I looked up the green tomato worm not it. verysuprize to see them in a city LOL

also I remember seeing sticks and Preying mantises.,

working on a short clip subway rides . had not riden a subway in years LOL.
I had stick insects as a kid! I remember they used produces lots of eggs with the characteristic lid on them!

I need to purchase a decent video editing program now rather than just keep using a bunch of free utilities.