Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 5, 2008, 2:30 PM   #171

I am still lookingfora good one.

sanyo .Mov.MP4

Aiptek .MOV

Jazz avi

I can edit all but cannot save sanyo in HD all others i can

magex does aip and jazz but not sanyo

sony does jazz and sanyo but gives aip troubles

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
no I Had in infinity and a wide angle and too close. causing itto be out of focus..

yep i think cattapillers are a lot smaller i thought. deffently not an inch worm Lol I looked up the green tomato worm not it. verysuprize to see them in a city LOL

also I remember seeing sticks and Preying mantises.,

working on a short clip subway rides . had not riden a subway in years LOL.
I had stick insects as a kid! I remember they used produces lots of eggs with the characteristic lid on them!

I need to purchase a decent video editing program now rather than just keep using a bunch of free utilities.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2008, 3:27 PM   #172

http://vimeo.com/1472864

Subway ride, riding the subwway, thought I have some fun shoot a few clips with the Jazz, got some good results andhappy with the 3 minute footage enjoy
Old Aug 5, 2008, 5:40 PM   #173

http://vimeo.com/1473850

roof top timelapse
Old Aug 7, 2008, 2:39 AM   #174

I bought this camera to put in my rockets. I have to say I am extremely impressed with it.

I have the Sanyo HD1 (the sanyo records far better quality video) but i do not have a large enough sack to stick a $700 camera into a rocket :-)

The $100 price tag of the HDV178 was perfect. If you want to shoot rocketry stay away from the HDV188. From the looks of it its bigger heavier (bad for rocketry) and you can NOT "close" the screen while recording. The way its hinged there is no way to "fold it back" on itself while shooting like you can with the 178.

I already fried one of them. I guess impacting with the ground at 200mph was unhealthy for it. The other videos are STUNNINGLY clear! I am very very impressed. If only I could edit the video (chop off wasted footage in the begining and end WITHOUT recompressing)

Audio quality is fine for what I am doing. Quite good actually no "cut out" thats obvious when the motor kicks in. Thats nice.

Rockets tends to be good platforms for video Even when my one rocket shredded on boost and spun like mad the video was sharp and stable. No "scan wiggles" that I sometimes see on cheapy cams but then again Rockets are nice stable platforms for the wiggles so I will have to strap it to something that vibrates to see if there are wiggles :-)

I am working on an electric airplane to take this up. Its quite a bit heavier than my minicam so I need a larger model for it.

A kite would be fun with this too. Will have to try that soon.

This might also make a nice POV rig as well nice and compact.

Some things I REALLY hate about it. You can NOT charge it except with the INCLUDED AC power adaptor. WHY they made this proprietary over standard mini A instead of USING the normal power over mini A is beyond me.

It says its charging it gets WARM like its charging but its NOT charging unless you use ONLY the included power cord. That sucks.

One of the first things I am getting is more batteries (my R937 batteries fit) and an external charger. Would suck to ruin a launch because I forgot the stupid special charger.

Also the battery meter does not work. It shows "full" till its DEAD then it just dies quite suddenly though the run time was impressive. Over 90 mintues for sure.

While it can take 8gb cards I use 1gb cards (so if I crash it I only lose the 1gb cheapy)

It DOES NOT encode the TOC for video till you STOP the recording. Keep this in mind for high impact recordings. IE hit stop as soon as feasible to "secure" the video.

On my crashed flight the SD card survived but there was NO video. So if power is interupted during recording you get nothing.

Once I figure out how to "cut" these videos I will get some samples online.
nerys71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2008, 2:44 AM   #175

Hey fishycomics HOW are you editing the jazz videos. I am having trouble. I am using vdub in direct stream (I DO NOT want to reencode) I just want to chop off waste before and after the video IE "cut" a section out of it.

vdub seem to work fine but nothing will play the resulting file.

EVEN VDUB will not touch the resulting file that I just saved from vdub :-) (all black)
nerys71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2008, 5:57 AM   #176

talk all about recoding recompressing means l:Gif the software does its job doingwhat it is supposed to i am superhappy.

1. total that camewill edit extreme impressions is it?

2 any 3rd party i use magex movie pro editer 12

3 sony vegas anda few more but still lookingfor a good one that does it all with lots any one know tell.
Old Aug 9, 2008, 10:49 AM   #177

Combine Demo Derby held at the Brown County Fair grounds in New Ulm,MN 8-8-08.

http://www.vimeo.com/1495165
JimKallinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2008, 1:44 PM   #178

Second half of round one at the Combine Demo
JimKallinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2008, 6:09 PM   #179

Gladwe all have the same clicking static sound in the video it is noticable now the n from before. guess we are used to it already.

the clip about 1 min plus in WOW lol too mcuh machinery fora derby LMAO:

great fun Jim thanks for the footage
Old Aug 11, 2008, 10:25 AM   #180

newbie here. needing help,please. bought a Jazz HDV178 used off Ebay. no owner manual with it. Jazz website is worthless. does anyone here know where one might be able to download a copy of owners manual?? thank you
dinsmorem is offline   Reply With Quote