Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 25, 2008, 2:07 PM   #221

Slam not a problem we learn as we go........

1 vimeo is a HD site youtube standard you can still on both loaddifferent qualities.

2 the first clip is wmv in hd andHD is on. thesecondclip is reg quality and you need to change to watch hdqquality. both are the same just youtube is smaller. flash player may be up to date older etc on the other site youtube that is.

hope hat helped out

Slamdunkin wrote:
Quote:
fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
http://vimeo.com/1437093

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZZC1-Ya7nrY

Youtube option for hd or not.

I have to agree with RGVCAM subaru84..

i just tossed this togethre in a few minutestime, but Steve went haywire and updated hmmm hours later

enjoy
Can you explain to me why the two versions ofthis videoare shown in such different qualities. Why is the top link so much clearer.

Sorry to sound like a numpty, but I am totally new to digital camcorder formatting.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2008, 2:43 PM   #222

please take a look at my review at:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=92

(almost bottom of page, long comment)
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2008, 3:20 AM   #223

So after research and finding this forum and the vimeo site I bought an Jazz HDV 178,

I am very confused, all the video tests i've done have turned out poor, im shooting in HD quality but the videos appear grainy both on the cam when shooting, playback, and on the laptop.

How do you guys get your video so CrystalClear with the Jazz 178?

Thanks
Robert
NEWBI
princeshoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2008, 7:27 AM   #224

Welcome aboard prince..........

we're going to ask you to load a vid sample. and then I'll be able to say you are in the corect settings?

1 tuen on cam, make sure you see upper right a red HD if not hit the button just below the up/down zoom that is the switching between hd andvga . or use the up/down zoom and choose vid res.

it is best you use the u/down zoom go into the movie and then res and HD is pressed, then sharpness make sure you are set in the middle

too much wil cause grain, too lil the oposite.

there is no trick. to doing this.

2 loo on the lens make sure no plastic film is on there do not touch oruse anything to damage it. sometimes when they had inspecters they would protect everything LOL no more.

thanks

princeshoko wrote:
Quote:
So after research and finding this forum and the vimeo site I bought an Jazz HDV 178,

I am very confused, all the video tests i've done have turned out poor, im shooting in HD quality but the videos appear grainy both on the cam when shooting, playback, and on the laptop.

How do you guys get your video so CrystalClear with the Jazz 178?

Thanks
Robert
NEWBI
Old Oct 11, 2008, 10:34 AM   #225

here is a shocker no onenoticed theWhite balance Mising CLOUDY.

Old Oct 11, 2008, 4:05 PM   #226

Hi Fishy, Thanks for the reply, everything you said is what i've done already, here is a sample vid i did.

http://vimeo.com/1936049

I understand a lil grain on a zoom in, but even on zoom out there is grain and i see lines from top to bottom its a minor annoyance but im not seaming to get the crystal quality i been seeing lol. The whole plastic idea over the lense would account for the lines i see, but it looks like smooth to me with no plastic over the lense.

Let em know what you think.

Thanks
Robert

Old Oct 11, 2008, 5:01 PM   #227

Prince......

can it be due to a lower lit room. have you tried with some daylight shots?

lower the light more grain will be. quite normal if you ask. at the end Alice in wonderland it was clearer and more vivid

I say try setting the EV up a notch and see if it helps. you'll see it brighten in thescreen

your panning must slowdown more the slower the better.

thank you for taking the time to demo a vid

princeshoko wrote:
Quote:
Hi Fishy, Thanks for the reply, everything you said is what i've done already, here is a sample vid i did.

http://vimeo.com/1936049

I understand a lil grain on a zoom in, but even on zoom out there is grain and i see lines from top to bottom its a minor annoyance but im not seaming to get the crystal quality i been seeing lol. The whole plastic idea over the lense would account for the lines i see, but it looks like smooth to me with no plastic over the lense.

Let em know what you think.

Thanks
Robert
Old Oct 11, 2008, 5:15 PM   #228

Hi fishy,

Yea i went out did some in the yard, it looks ALOT better in outdoor daylight, the lines and grain disappeared. Still not as crystal as the ones i've seen on here but a 100% improvement to the indoor shot.

My house is also poorly lit LOL.

I'll play with it some more and see what I can do.

Thanks

Old Oct 11, 2008, 5:41 PM   #229

Prince.

Most Economy hybrid cams are for outdoor day time.

I edit my video that may be reason for my video being a clear shot.

I do understand some may have a eye for film and others do not care. for 99 we are not complaining at all. but if you're looking for a smoother cam it will be the Aiptek A-HD or Plus, Action HD or GO you will deffently see taht smoothness there.

you should notice more colorful shot in daytime and less color at night.

it is a good cam enjoy it any Questions just ask
Old Oct 12, 2008, 7:12 PM   #230

Got a $30 gift card to Wal-Mart for my birthday, decided to get the Jazz 178. Not a bad little camcorder, zoom is pretty darn slow (compared to my old Aiptek A-HD from last September). Price is right, though, and smaller package than the Aiptek.

Do any of the cheaper/popular wide angle lenses mount to the lens cover ring? I do a lot of shooting in-car and on-car, and a wider angle would be much better for me.

I'll post up some in/on-car footage once I get everything situated, and more importantly testing the EIS as well as the mic (see how bad wind noise, etc. is). Thanks!

EDIT-- what is the current Firmware on this model, and what were/are some changes that it fixed?
JamesWilson is offline   Reply With Quote