Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 13, 2008, 4:38 PM   #241

JamesWilson: I downloaded your "Jazz HDV178 suction mount only" video clip and it shows one of the faults I've also noticed with my Jazz HDV178, & Jazz HDV188 cams. They both have a hard time with high motion scenes like cars moving fast. The motion of the cars is not smooth so it looks like the cars have a jerking motion. I recently purchased a Sanyo VPC-HD100 Flash based cam and it is much smoother in filming high actions scenes even at the 1440x1080 resolution. I would recommend this cam to you, but it has no image stabilization. One thing I like about the Sanyo is the video is much more easily edited than the Jazz cams. It also has a 5X optical zoom, a great improvement over the Jazz's digital zoom. It's hard to find a budget cam that does everything well.
bobcat56458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2008, 10:28 AM   #242

ok im back with more tech stuff.

IN HD the video/sound does not sync when on the laptop. But is fine on the cam its self.

If i lower the res down 1 notch sound/video is ok.

Why does the hd/sound not sync up?

princeshoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2008, 10:06 PM   #243

^^^^ that just means that your computer is too slow. Mine does it too. I reduce the size of the window, and it plays a bit faster and a little bit better synched up, but not perfect. Shut down unused programs to free up some speed on the computer, and try again. HD video in these programs are memory and processor hogs. Might be time for an upgrade.
JamesWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2008, 11:09 PM   #244

slow computer? I doubt that. MMMMMM
Old Oct 15, 2008, 3:34 AM   #245

ok im at a loss,

Im running a Amd x2 64 2.0ghz with 2gig ram and 512 graphic nvidia laptop, this thing plays the best games at light speed but cant run a simple HD video?

I uploaded the video to vimeo and it works fine, i download it from vimeo and same issue. Verry odd, i thought mabye it was in the conversion.

MMMMMMMMM
Old Oct 15, 2008, 8:26 AM   #246

prince shoko: This might be a Codec, or a Splitter problem. I would try a media player that has it's own internal Codec's like "Media Player Classic Homecinema – v1.1.604.0". This media player is based on the original "Media Player Classic" and was created after Gabest, the original author, stopped working on it. Several new features have been integrated in this player. It has support for DXVA (DirectX Video Acceleration) in order to reduce CPU usage dramatically by using the graphics card to assist in decoding the H.264 video, but your graphics card must support this feature. Here is a link to the player:

http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/index.html

I have a Amd x2 64 1.8GHz laptop with 2.5gig ram and up to 751MB integrated Nvidia graphics on mylaptop, and it plays the Jazz clips fine (it does not support the DXVA feature).
bobcat56458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2008, 6:09 PM   #247

i went and got this at walmart yesterday and am pleased with it. i want to open it up to see any potential mods. but 1st, how do i open it with just ripping it apart? i found one screw in the battery compartment and one in the tripod mount. any others? any good way to pull it apart? thx very much for any help
qv98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2008, 12:27 PM   #248

lens is glued on with 3 m tape I am sure the upper mic cover is as well glued down

something you gonna have to do very very carefully ifserious on modding,

i shall not destroy a good model LOL

there is a member that We wishedwould have snapped or viddeed his repair

qv98 wrote:
Quote:
i went and got this at walmart yesterday and am pleased with it. i want to open it up to see any potential mods. but 1st, how do i open it with just ripping it apart? i found one screw in the battery compartment and one in the tripod mount. any others? any good way to pull it apart? thx very much for any help
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2008, 12:14 PM   #249

You can reduce the grain by adding more softness, (less sharp) in darker environments.
Also, when mounting the cam in a car it is best to turn on the stabilization,which disables the zoom unfortunately...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees the LINES from the cam
Though you mainly only see them in darker (non-outside) environments.. this makes me feel I'm not the only one.

There is a switch next to the lense, with mountains / flower.
It seems when setting it on flower there is a certain distance that need to be pertained from the source. I found you can get best results by fully zooming in on a detailed area of the picture you want to make.
Then moving the camera closer or further away from the source until the image is razorsharp; then zoom out and take the picture.
When having the camera in the 'flower' position all normal recordings will seem blurry,so you have to remember to turn it back off later on..

Quote:
princeshoko wrote:
Quote:
Hi Fishy, Thanks for the reply, everything you said is what i've done already, here is a sample vid i did.

http://vimeo.com/1936049

I understand a lil grain on a zoom in, but even on zoom out there is grain and i see lines from top to bottom its a minor annoyance but im not seaming to get the crystal quality i been seeing lol. The whole plastic idea over the lense would account for the lines i see, but it looks like smooth to me with no plastic over the lense.

Let em know what you think.

Thanks
Robert
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2008, 12:16 PM   #250

Have you looked at SVP (Silicon Valley Products) camera's?
They have some quite nice ones,though I'd only advise their higher end, more expensive models! (upto $150)

bobcat56458 wrote:
Quote:
JamesWilson: I downloaded your "Jazz HDV178 suction mount only" video clip and it shows one of the faults I've also noticed with my Jazz HDV178, & Jazz HDV188 cams. They both have a hard time with high motion scenes like cars moving fast. The motion of the cars is not smooth so it looks like the cars have a jerking motion. I recently purchased a Sanyo VPC-HD100 Flash based cam and it is much smoother in filming high actions scenes even at the 1440x1080 resolution. I would recommend this cam to you, but it has no image stabilization. One thing I like about the Sanyo is the video is much more easily edited than the Jazz cams. It also has a 5X optical zoom, a great improvement over the Jazz's digital zoom. It's hard to find a budget cam that does everything well.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote