Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 25, 2008, 6:29 PM   #291

X2
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2008, 12:00 AM   #292

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
As to the bitrate, you do not need a highspeed card in any of these inexpensive hybrids. The bitrate is well below that even a basic SD (nono SDHC) card can handle.

Remember the speed ratings for cards are quoted in Mega BYTES not BITS! Whereas the camera bitrate is in Mega BITS. So a Class 6 card which is rated at 6MB/s would be overkill.

Yow... I sit corrected!:-) I was paying more attention to converting the kilo to mega, and completely overlookedthe "B" vs. the "b" in the respective speeds. Thanks for for the correction.
jazzhdv178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2009, 6:46 AM   #293

vertain guests were having issueswit hte Flash the soft led light.

when using the ac charger, andcam, the flash does not go on.

have a nice day
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2009, 12:51 PM   #294

Does anyone know wich codec to use if i want to play movies on my hdv188?
i'v tested xvid and divx and it works, but makes some green noise(no Qpel o GMC), i'v also tested x264 but doesnt seem to work in any configuration.
if anyone has been able to play movies encoded on pc back on hdv178 or 188 plase help me.

Thnks :-)
kaminari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2009, 3:58 PM   #295

Kaminari

I use a freeware program ANY DVD CONVERTER with no problem ( they also have pro version which you pay)

Load your video files or DVD and select CUSTOMIZED AVI MOVIE profile, then go down to change Audio Options and choose MP2 (default is MP3)

After conversion rename your video names to CLIP0001, ......

good luck

voyeurtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2009, 9:43 AM   #296

My Jazz Elite HDV-178 died just a few days after the expiry of the 30-day in-store warranty. BEWARE MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY!!! Digitron charges $30 upfront handling fee in addition to your shipping charges. I assume you will be out of ALL this money if they deem the defect is not covered by the warranty. I paid $120 for the camera. These charges amount to approximate 50% (Fifty Percent) of the cost of the camera just so Digitron can decide whether or not you have to throw the camera in the garbage. If you know of any retail stores that still have a full in-store warranty, there is only one thing I can say. BUY EVERTHING THERE!!! Where possible, I also suggest boycotting all retail stores that limit in-store warranty to 30 days. THAT'S THE ONLY WAY WE CAN FIGHT THIS. BOYCOTT CANADIAN TIRE AND WALMART FOR SURE!!! THEY'RE THE BAS***DS THAT RIP US OFF THE MOST!!!
ArchP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2009, 10:45 PM   #297

ArchP wrote:
Quote:
My Jazz Elite HDV-178 died just a few days after the expiry of the 30-day in-store warranty. BEWARE MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY!!! Digitron charges $30 upfront handling fee in addition to your shipping charges. I assume you will be out of ALL this money if they deem the defect is not covered by the warranty. I paid $120 for the camera. These charges amount to approximate 50% (Fifty Percent) of the cost of the camera just so Digitron can decide whether or not you have to throw the camera in the garbage. If you know of any retail stores that still have a full in-store warranty, there is only one thing I can say. BUY EVERTHING THERE!!! Where possible, I also suggest boycotting all retail stores that limit in-store warranty to 30 days. THAT'S THE ONLY WAY WE CAN FIGHT THIS. BOYCOTT CANADIAN TIRE AND WALMART FOR SURE!!! THEY'RE THE BAS***DS THAT RIP US OFF THE MOST!!!
What symptoms does the camera have? Will it boot or do anything at all?

There is a nasty lock-up bug in the firmware that occasionally grabs me. The camera just stops working, won't boot from the battery or respond to the external charger or USB connection. BUT, if you simply pull the battery to remove power to the camera, then reinsert the battery, it frees the lock-up and you're back in business. Maybe that's what you have?

If it's truly broken and you're not able to get it fixed, don't throw it away. I'll take it off your hands... I could use some spare parts! :G
Old Jan 28, 2009, 10:55 PM   #298

WANTED! Your broken, unrepairable JAZZ HDV178 or 188.

DON'T THROW IT AWAY! I can't fix it, but I can use some spare parts, like the lens. I'll pay for shipping. PM mail me.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 12:50 AM   #299

rxr wrote:
Quote:

I'm talking about the one with the spinning tire iron. That was a cool video.

http://www.vimeo.com/907086
Anyone notice the brick work...? Laid by a righty laying left to right......
Harcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2009, 1:01 AM   #300

I bought this one with camera -Jazz 188 worx good
First Champion 4gb SD Memory Card

oh, btw.... check this place for batteries...... reliable and many choices....

http://batteries.com
Harcourt is offline   Reply With Quote