Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 1, 2009, 2:16 AM   #301

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
one day licenses and out ofstate are always top $$ residents less.
When I lived in Alaska..... left '97..... fishing -sport 25 cents, -subsistence (nets) 25 cents.... hunting/trapping 25 cents -tags cost an extra -black 25 cents, brown 25 cents, griz 25 cents, -caribou 25 cents, moosies 25 cents, dunno about rest tags.... trap poor lil' guyz - 25 cents per speices..... Outa state....? lower 48erz....... a PILE!!!! One dude paid $10,000 to hunt a poor lil' Dall sheep.....
Harcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2009, 2:46 AM   #302

skeet1 wrote:
Quote:
Big Problem with the Jazz 178: I was on vacation and took a few hours of video. I can down load to the Hard Drive, burn a copy on to a DVD which will play on the computer.

Problem is how or what software will convert to a format that will play on the home DVD player? I have 4 different models/yr's of DVD players and none will play. I've down loaded several software that will convert and burn but none will still play on the home dvd player. I've tried the AVI to DVD, to MPEG4 to etc.....nothing. I've down loaded several different name brand burner software and still.....nothing!

Again, great to view on the computer, but if that is all then this is a piece of crap!

I'm open to suggestions.

can you burn and play anything else.....in your players.... try a disk to disk burn for kicks...... if it worx, check the format type and convert to that format type, always burn at a very slow rate, in a hurry..? tuff.... burn sloooow..... it aint a reel to reel, faster is better..... it's a little laser beam 'forming' thin metal..... good luck
Harcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2009, 4:14 PM   #303

From another post:

I have been reading TONNES about the Jazz 178 (especially by Fishycomics) and have gone and bought one.

It is sweet to use, but I am dumbfounded as to how to view the video from the camera on my PC.

Generally I am pretty good with this stuff and understand file extensions and all of that, but for some odd reason I cannot get the videos to open with any video from the DCMI file (all I get is audio). This is opening with Quicktime.

My other problem is Movie Maker will not open it either. It opens photos, but does not do so for video.

Am I missing a step or doing something wrong.

PLEASE HELP so I can play with this gem of a camera.

Sorry if this is a repeated thread within this topic

Heffe
Heffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2009, 4:51 PM   #304

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2009, 5:07 PM   #305

As fishycomics is showing, you need to install the software from the CD. It contains the appropriate codec that you need to be able to play them.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2009, 7:34 PM   #306

I have that CD installed.

Using the Arcsoft software, I can import, open and view the video.

Where I am stumped right now is what format of AVI will allow me to use these clips in Movie Maker.

Any ideas? Thanks for the help in advance.

Heffe

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
As fishycomics is showing, you need to install the software from the CD. It contains the appropriate codec that you need to be able to play them.
Heffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2009, 8:09 PM   #307

he doesn't know heffe.

convert to a format. without H264. again WMM is OLd and never was set up to accept H264.

read popajohns news letters.

Heffe wrote:
Quote:
I have that CD installed.

Using the Arcsoft software, I can import, open and view the video.

Where I am stumped right now is what format of AVI will allow me to use these clips in Movie Maker.

Any ideas? Thanks for the help in advance.

Heffe

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2009, 8:46 AM   #308

Heffe,

Download and install FFDSHOW (a freeware program with all necesary codecs) and you Windows Multimiedia Player will play Jazz video clips, or any other format video files
voyeurtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2009, 5:03 AM   #309

This sucks! My HDV-188 ran out of battery so I charged it on my iPod's (5V) USB charger as I always do, but this time it went whacked by not charging from the 3hours I left it, so I removed the battery and put it back and tried to charge it again, what happened next is the battery wasn't recognize and it won't turn on unless plugged in, it also got some sort of firmware "dimensia" because it doesn't recognize the on switch and the screen position, and the firmware only starts if you go to the "Explore" menu on the camcorder before firmware starts, I also have to press the video size button or the record button to see the video.

I like my handy Jazz, but now it seems to be on the verge of cardiac arrest and amnesia... : ( It really sucks, so if any of you guys know what this problem is and know how to fix it. Please help. I'm worried if the battery contacts got fried and if the firmware is whacked.

Thanks for any help.:?
methabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2009, 12:22 AM   #310

methabit wrote:
Quote:
This sucks! My HDV-188 ran out of battery so I charged it on my iPod's (5V) USB charger as I always do, but this time it went whacked by not charging from the 3hours I left it, so I removed the battery and put it back and tried to charge it again, what happened next is the battery wasn't recognize and it won't turn on unless plugged in, it also got some sort of firmware "dimensia" because it doesn't recognize the on switch and the screen position, and the firmware only starts if you go to the "Explore" menu on the camcorder before firmware starts, I also have to press the video size button or the record button to see the video.

I like my handy Jazz, but now it seems to be on the verge of cardiac arrest and amnesia... : ( It really sucks, so if any of you guys know what this problem is and know how to fix it. Please help. I'm worried if the battery contacts got fried and if the firmware is whacked.

Thanks for any help.:?
For starters, I'd replace the battery.
jazzhdv178 is offline   Reply With Quote