Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Mar 24, 2009, 8:01 PM   #311

Does anyone know where to find the HDV178. Wal-Mart doesn't carry them andymore and I also heard that Jazz is no longer making them.

Any ideas?
SportActionCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2009, 9:48 PM   #312

Bestbuy , under Insignia but a 2aa system still the same.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2009, 10:11 PM   #313

I was at Best Buy yesterday. They have the HDV188 under the Isignia brand, but no HDV178, it's only a standard defition (although looks like the 178, it's not)

I confirmed this on BestBuy.com as well. Any ideas?

Has anyone else heard about the Jazz 178 becoming unavailable? I heard from a source at Jazz. I really like the 178 and it is the only camera that works for what I do. Any knock off's or rebranded 178 would work. The 188 is out of the question.

Thanks for your help in advance
Old Mar 25, 2009, 5:31 AM   #314

been known as the samsonic snapbox for a long time try researching htat
Old Mar 25, 2009, 11:56 AM   #315

Did a lot of digging, Here is the closest I could find:

http://www.isonicusa.com/categorylist.asp?parentid=2

They only have the 188 knockoff, still no 178 .

Thanks for all your help fishycomics. I'm willing to pay somone to find me 178's. PM me or post here if you can tell me where I can find them around $100 a piece.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 3:49 PM   #316

I guess I did not post the link or post I do appolgise,but go to Amazon.com they have it for 104.00

samsonic,snapbox.

Old Mar 25, 2009, 5:55 PM   #317

I guess I'm losing my mind :?

I can't find anything that is similar to the Jazz 178....can someone please help and post a link. They have the 188 knock off's EVERYWHERE, but no 178knockoff's or rebranded

Here is a pic to the camera that I'm referring to:

http://www.amazon.com/Jazz-HDV178-De...933&sr=8-1

I'd like to find a knock offof the 178our a place that has the 178 stock. I'm looking to by a ton of them and Jazz is no longer going to be making them. I have always bought directly from Jazz. I'd like to avoid buying the Jazz label since it's no one will have access to them once they are gone.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 7:09 PM   #318

not knowing the location you're in due to the profile always left blank .

we may be able to give you a little more help, rather guessing the makes

traveler is one

Samsonic is another

Insignia is one

Digilife I want to say is one as well.

amazon 104.00 I am proud to say I got a Jazz.

SportActionCam wrote:
Quote:
I guess I'm losing my mind :?

I can't find anything that is similar to the Jazz 178....can someone please help and post a link. They have the 188 knock off's EVERYWHERE, but no 178knockoff's or rebranded

Here is a pic to the camera that I'm referring to:

http://www.amazon.com/Jazz-HDV178-De...933&sr=8-1

I'd like to find a knock offof the 178our a place that has the 178 stock. I'm looking to by a ton of them and Jazz is no longer going to be making them. I have always bought directly from Jazz. I'd like to avoid buying the Jazz label since it's no one will have access to them once they are gone.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 9:10 PM   #319

I didn't see a place to complete the profile. So here is my life story

My name is Chris David, I own and operate http://www.SportActionCam.com. We sell on-board racing mounts in order to mount cameras to race cars. We also sell the Jazz HDV-178 with our system. I have been a distributor for Jazz products for the last 3 months and was told my Jazz that they are no longer branding/selling the 178. This has left me in a bind. We have done a TON of testing and found the HDV178 to be the BEST camera (for our demographic and use) on the market. I now need to find out who rebrands or relabels the 178. It doesn't have to be Jazz, but MUST be the same camera (i.e. same specs, size, shape). Buying a Jazz on Amazon doesn't help me because they will soon be gone like the rest of Jazz 178's. I know these overseas companies resell the cameras to different companies in the states under a brand name....i.e. Jazz and Insigna.

My goal is now is to find this camera (In the states) and buy a crap load of them. I need a bunch and need them soon! I don't have the capital to go overseas and buy 100,000 of them like Best Buy, Jazz, Traveler, and others do.

I have been a long time viewer of this site, just never had any reason to post, therefore never registered. I have a 4 year BA in Television production and have quite a bit of knowledge on cameras. I also know that these chinese companies also sell their product to several companies in the states who then rebrand them, renumber them, and remarket them.

My email address is PRivate message . If you email me I can give you my cell phone number. I'm ina bind that Jazz left me in. The recent move by them to stop branding the 178 has the ability to put our product on hold in order to re-tool and remanufacter a mount for a new camera, therefore find the 178 in a different brand/label/number would be very helpful!

Thanks everyone for all the help. This board has some top notch guys on it!

reasion edited email address
Old Mar 26, 2009, 5:29 AM   #320

Lol

in the account tabs 3rd one in called profile. will bewhere you fill your info out, not your life history, but thank you :?