Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 19, 2009, 7:15 PM   #351

Has anyone connected the Jazz 178 up using the HDMI? How does it look? I would try myself but I can't find where I put the cable at.
SubaruB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2009, 3:12 AM   #352

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhZu_8bVH-c

a video made last Am bloggin fun enjoy

to the above poster, no b/c my tv does notaccept hdmi plugs like that but a 25 pin or so. sorry
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2009, 2:22 PM   #353

is there any free program that i can use o export the video to raw uncompressed video? virtualdub wont do it for some reason
qv98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2009, 3:48 PM   #354

Quote:
Originally Posted by qv98 View Post
is there any free program that i can use o export the video to raw uncompressed video? virtualdub wont do it for some reason
SUPER from http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2009, 5:01 PM   #355

Hi, I'm a newbie here. I have a question. I got a JAZZ HDV 188 as a gift but it didn't come with any charger..(anything to plug into an actual wall outlet) Is it possible to buy a charger at a store or am i out of luck?

I read through this thread and i'm unclear since someone asked about the 178 i believe..i don't know if the same applies to 188.
I don't know much about USB, chargers types etc. It's my first time so i'm a bit confused what to buy if in fact i can buy a charger.

Thanks for reading~
newxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2009, 6:14 PM   #356

Quote:
Originally Posted by newxia View Post
Hi, I'm a newbie here. I have a question. I got a JAZZ HDV 188 as a gift but it didn't come with any charger..(anything to plug into an actual wall outlet) Is it possible to buy a charger at a store or am i out of luck?

I read through this thread and i'm unclear since someone asked about the 178 i believe..i don't know if the same applies to 188.
I don't know much about USB, chargers types etc. It's my first time so i'm a bit confused what to buy if in fact i can buy a charger.

Thanks for reading~
New... Welcome aboard

the camera accepts a certain usb ac charger, not any charger will work.

it is best to purchase a aftermarket one, that will fit a NP-60 batt. you can look on ebay, AIptek is-dv charger

You can search and call Emerson in parsipanny nj they are the owners of Jazz. you can call bestbuy and look at the insgnia see ifthey have one.

178 and 188 are the same need a special charger
Old Aug 31, 2009, 7:58 PM   #357

Thanks for the reply,
Ok, so wait, on ebay i'm looking for an AIptek charger that fits a NP-60 batt?
And at bestbuy look for the insgnia? Should i just bring my battery and show them

Sorry for my ignorance on the subject, i'm so confused.
newxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2009, 3:08 AM   #358

bestbuy carries a cam calle the insignia that is the JAZZ. you'll pay All i am saying look there, nothing more. if you can get one for 10.00 i say yesgrab it. if 30.00 walk out.

Ebay the link shows aftermarket charger.

Aiptek.com shows, and pic of the Aiptek IS-DV charger can find on ebay at times for a lot less10.00.

NP-60 battery is your batt thatwill be the charger you search for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHARGER-for-AIPT...d=p3286.c0.m14
Battery Charger for Li-Ion NP60 Rechargable Batteries

http://www.aiptek.com/Chargers/
Old Sep 1, 2009, 11:12 PM   #359

Another option is to buy a universal Lithium Ion Battery charger. A friend bought one from Radioshack. It is microprocessor controlled so you don't even have to worry about the polarity and it's adjustable to accommodate all sizes of digital camera batteries. It will even charge NiMH AA batteries as well if I recall.

That's one plus for the Aiptek over the Jazz is the use of a standard USB charging circuit so you can use any USB charger and also top it up with a USB car charger on a long journey!
Old Oct 11, 2009, 11:35 PM   #360

A while back I posted a photo of the newer version of the HDV178 here:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/hy...tml#post981699

I was in one of my local Walmarts today and spotted yet another version, which is the other variant I have seen discussed. The question is, which of these two is the newer variant and more importantly how does each differ from the original?

Here is the most recent version of the HDV178 that I saw today:
Attached Images