Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 4, 2008, 4:38 PM   #51

Was in a bldg, 75 paces I say over two hundred feet long and a echo or revreb to the Jazz, I placed the cam on the far side and went to the other end I could not be seen till I was 25 paces in due to the shaded area.

I already viewed the film.

While I played back o nthe cam through a head set i hear exactly what was around etc. but when back home a little different.

I am amazed howI can be heard and how loud it got as near to the cam, but Iam 100% positive that no matter what we do for an outdoor film the soundwill differ, may not pick up like it does indoors. this will be my next test ,a video sample isnot needed unless otherwise will psot a review.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2008, 12:52 AM   #52

I have the Jazz HDV-178...bought from a friend that wasn't impressed with the quality....anyways, he couldn't find the instruction manual and it doesn't seem that I can download one from the jazz website. Does anyone know how I can get a copy of it? Thanks in advance!

BTW: wow, this website has severe issues with the cookies it sets. I had a hell of a time trying to register and login to reply to a message....can't copy and paste a url into the logged page...had to manipulate the url.
jwickham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2008, 5:06 AM   #53

Welco,me Jwick

Stevesforum, lower your settings is all I can say, but you'll find it easy to run.

the manual when I get he cahnce I'll upload a copy for ya it will be weeks.

now there are about 20 plus pages in the manual and only 3-5 are english.

the camera is so user friendly it's not funny

Old Jun 6, 2008, 6:55 AM   #54

I have to agree with fishycomics. I barely looked at the manual!
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2008, 2:18 PM   #55

the manual or not the big top is your record lil one is pic and the zoom is up and down pressing in will get you a feature and while you use the zoom for most features the rest is seld explainatory, the playback is located way below and hte two lil ones are foward reverse something like that, and to delete you have to again use the zooms button.
Old Jun 8, 2008, 8:09 AM   #56

http://www.vimeo.com/1137243red wing expidition. (same vid in a-hd+)

As a few members talked about hte external recorder devices I thought I do just htat with the Jazz as a voice recorder and let me tell you it did a fine job, I also went out to Wesconsin and used it in the caves placed on my belt in the pouch will see if it is listenable. down in the caves not sure ifyou're gonna see some footage but lets see .
Old Jun 8, 2008, 10:26 AM   #57

Thats a great video Fishy, Love how you made that trail look like it went up the cliff face. :-) I know it sure feels like it when you do climb up. Going to have to take my
son over to Crystal Cave while we are there. Also going to head down to Niagra Cave
south of Harmony close to the Iowa border. They have a big waterfall in this cave.

JimKallinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2008, 3:27 PM   #58

I will head there for sure I have footage but limited to viewing. hte trip is deffently a few hours, it's a choice seen Duluth, but I can now say I seen Niagra caves lol. thinking.................

Yes if you go a jacket isneeded for the young ones I was cold only b/c I went right after that hike I was sweating it is 50 plus down below.

the Hike yes it is fun taken a lot of prepping I felt I walked it twice when filming, and htat Eagle he came right out of the tree I felt the wings flapping. LOL

As for the JAzz with hte radius I am sure I must go a video voice recorder route for now one LOL a lot of planning and locking clips.

JimKallinen wrote:
Quote:
Thats a great video Fishy, Love how you made that trail look like it went up the cliff face. :-) I know it sure feels like it when you do climb up. Going to have to take my
son over to Crystal Cave while we are there. Also going to head down to Niagra Cave
south of Harmony close to the Iowa border. They have a big waterfall in this cave.

Old Jun 8, 2008, 8:01 PM   #59

http://www.vimeo.com/1140331allow to convert will be on in 85 minutes from 830pm central

Crystal caves expidition video

loaded my clip up showing the Jazz in action again. no audio editing with the Aiptek, will show a short clip if needed .

the jazz clip you see isjust that and hope you enjoy the footage , I am happy iwas able to get some shots rther none, and just like I am finding out, a video recorder will be needed on Outdoor quiet scenes.
Old Jun 8, 2008, 8:15 PM   #60

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
http://www.vimeo.com/1140331

Crystal caves expidition video

loaded my clip up showing the Jazz in action again. no audio editing with the Aiptek, will show a short clip if needed .

the jazz clip you see isjust that and hope you enjoy the footage , I am happy iwas able to get some shots rther none, and just like I am finding out, a video recorder will be needed on Outdoor quiet scenes.
The video is protected. You know I am sure it randomly activates because the times it has happened to me, I have never set the privacy flag and I don't think it's easy to activate it accidently.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote