Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 8, 2008, 8:29 PM   #61

rgvcam wrote:

Quote:
fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
http://www.vimeo.com/1140331

Crystal caves expidition video

loaded my clip up showing the Jazz in action again. no audio editing with the Aiptek, will show a short clip if needed .

the jazz clip you see isjust that and hope you enjoy the footage , I am happy iwas able to get some shots rther none, and just like I am finding out, a video recorder will be needed on Outdoor quiet scenes.
The video is protected. You know I am sure it randomly activates because the times it has happened to me, I have never set the privacy flag and I don't think it's easy to activate it accidently.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2008, 12:10 PM   #62

Hi folks....... new guy here.

We just bought a Jazz 178 for our son (he's leaving on tour with Disney on Ice). He will probably use it to film his travels and as an entertainment device. I have followed the thread here and decided that this camera would be good for his needs.

I have a question about the class of memory. I saw an 8GB Class 4 at a good price from a local dealer. Should I buy it or wait to get a Class 6 card.

Thanks.
thedvrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2008, 2:41 PM   #63

Welcome Drv.................

you will not go wrong wit hany sd card .

hope your son has a great time with his cam a spare battery isall I can say 90 minutes will be fine having j ust hte extra is better
Old Jun 9, 2008, 3:00 PM   #64

thedvrguy wrote:
Quote:
Hi folks....... new guy here.

We just bought a Jazz 178 for our son (he's leaving on tour with Disney on Ice). He will probably use it to film his travels and as an entertainment device. I have followed the thread here and decided that this camera would be good for his needs.

I have a question about the class of memory. I saw an 8GB Class 4 at a good price from a local dealer. Should I buy it or wait to get a Class 6 card.

Thanks.
The class 4 should be ok as the bitrate of this camera is not high enough to need a highspeed card. So if the price is right I would get it. Even a class 2 would be more than enough.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2008, 3:49 PM   #65

Thanks very much to Fishy and rgvcam. I am going to get the card. The dealer has one at $45. I just asked for another one and he doesn't have any more

I will look into getting a 2nd battery. Great idea. Can someone tell me what the battery is please? I have a closed box which is gift wrapped. What price should I expect to pay?

Thanks.

Old Jun 9, 2008, 4:36 PM   #66

it is a NP-60 rated at 1050

you can go higher or lower on mah's

I get a external charger and battery while one is charging hte other is in the cam. not waiting apon it

the Aiptek IS-DV charger will work

10.00 is the going price of a battery
Old Jun 9, 2008, 4:46 PM   #67

Once again, Fishy, thanks for the help.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 6:22 PM   #68

My tripod holder came off, held by a screw, now need to repair, will have to glue the screw, plastic back to its holder

there is a plastic frame on the interior so if I were able to open up I would place a better set nut/bolt, but a lil glue and locktite will do

peice in hand

Update; lucky me it was just vibration that got it loose?

further update, nope it will ned some glue or selicone to hold in place be careful whe using hte wrong tripods.

Old Jun 10, 2008, 4:28 PM   #69

Hi, just purchased my 178 2 days ago and have been playing with it. It's certainly not a convenient camera to use with all the menu driven features, but it's a great camera picture quality wise for the cost.

I do have one problem. Macro is off and stabalization is off, but I still have problems with the zoom. Once I turn the camera on, zoom in works fine (zoom in some, stop, zoom in some more, etc), but as oon as I touch the zoom out button it zooms all the way out (can't stop it) and once it is all the way out, I can't use the zoom again untill I power off and then on again. I've tried resetting the factory defaults, but no solution. Any suggestions or do I just have a bad camera?

Thanks.
DeDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2008, 4:34 PM   #70

Check the manual. "external memory: SD/MMC up to 4GB". I don't think it will recognize the 8GB card.
DeDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote