Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 14, 2008, 4:01 PM   #81

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
but the Pc is where you got the issue, it does not play correctly. is the video playing and hte sound is off synck,

Trouble shoot.

A pc is higher than 800 mhz

B Is the software loaded, the FFW driver...

C is your WMP higher then 7,8,9

D Can you load up a sample and not just a room, must have something like you in it to getto hear and see if in synck, if you do noyt want to be in the shot then use atv scene a news or person

then we can narrow down the trouble.
yea i thouhght that also, b/c i can playback the video, on the tv if i hook it up thru the wires. my comp is about 2.0 mhz, i got the ffw driver installed and my windows media player is ver. 10. i also took about 5 vids. and they all worked excep the last one. i think im always having trouble wit the last one for some reason.
eddiecarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2008, 7:49 AM   #82

A buddy of mine just picked up this camera and is loving it. Just thought I'd pass on that he's using it with a Transcend 8 gb sdhc which I picked up for him at Tiger Direct. It was $49.99 CDN and is giving him over 5 hours of HD video or 3464 still pics.
habsfan4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2008, 5:36 PM   #83

so basically your 5th vido is bad so sample that up we'll look. if not return geta a new one trouble will be gone

eddiecarter wrote:
Quote:
fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
but the Pc is where you got the issue, it does not play correctly. is the video playing and hte sound is off synck,

Trouble shoot.

A pc is higher than 800 mhz

B Is the software loaded, the FFW driver...

C is your WMP higher then 7,8,9

D Can you load up a sample and not just a room, must have something like you in it to getto hear and see if in synck, if you do noyt want to be in the shot then use atv scene a news or person

then we can narrow down the trouble.
yea i thouhght that also, b/c i can playback the video, on the tv if i hook it up thru the wires. my comp is about 2.0 mhz, i got the ffw driver installed and my windows media player is ver. 10. i also took about 5 vids. and they all worked excep the last one. i think im always having trouble wit the last one for some reason.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2008, 10:39 PM   #84

Hi there, just got a Jazz178 and shot some aerial vids with my RC plane. They're pretty good, a little stuttery but better than anything I've had to date. I tried to edit them using windows MovieMaker but keep running into this problem, if I split the clip it only plays the first part and only the audio in subsequent parts..I don't have this problm with other Avi files, only ones from this camera. I downloaded the codec, the full clips play fine,just not after a split in MM. Do I need a better editing program?? I just need the basics for what I usually do. Rcommendations?

Windows Vista, 2ghz pentium duocor. 2gig ram
nightflighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2008, 6:04 AM   #85

XP it does not work, not a ZVista fan, it may be that its Hi def, and still yet wmm is not yet that friendly. you may find some answers if possable over at moviemakersforums.net
Old Jun 18, 2008, 5:28 PM   #86

I just picked up one of these Jazz 188's for $60 off ebay.

Installed on Win XP 64-bit, the vids playback fine in WMP/VLC and MPC.
I have K-Lite codec pack installed.

So far so good I am trying to test to see whether the 'HD' setting is just an interpolated non-HD video.

Does anyone have the manual in PDF?
jagshrapnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2008, 8:31 PM   #87

Welcome aboard..........

if andwhen I get to the cd......... the manual realy is basic 3-5 pgs nothing that you can easily learn if you just go through the buttons. the cam is a wider angle then hte 178 a bigge rfont size and has a sliding pic after you snap a shot, a louder sound buttons are realy self explainatory.

jagshrapnel wrote:
Quote:
I just picked up one of these Jazz 188's for $60 off ebay.

Installed on Win XP 64-bit, the vids playback fine in WMP/VLC and MPC.
I have K-Lite codec pack installed.

So far so good I am trying to test to see whether the 'HD' setting is just an interpolated non-HD video.

Does anyone have the manual in PDF?
Old Jun 18, 2008, 10:43 PM   #88

jagshrapnel wrote:
Quote:
While interpolated images settings are common on these cheap cameras, I haven't heard of interpolated video though it wouldn't surpise me in the least to find someone somewhere attempt it.

Images are generally interpolated beyond what they can physically capture which is a cheapskate way to inflate their actual MP rating for marketing purpose.

Videos on the other hand, even full HD ones (1920x1080), are well within the capabilities of sensors these days so there is no advantage to interpolation.

This camera has a true 5MP sensor so there wouldn't be any point in interpolating the video as 1280x720 is well within the sensor capabilities as referred to above.

Also 1280x720 is 3 times the resolution of the regular VGA mode which would be stretching interpolation to its limits like have 5MP interpolated to 15MP although ,having said that, some cameras are not that from that with 12MP. The Jazz has an 11MP interpolated still image mode itself!
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2008, 2:59 AM   #89

Yeah I compared to still from both modes and the HD is def. better but not by much.

If someone has an ISO of the CD they could put on sendspace or something that would be much appreciated!

jagshrapnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2008, 10:14 AM   #90

Couple video samples from the Jazz HDV-178 while on vacation in Lake City.MN

http://www.vimeo.com/1198492

http://www.vimeo.com/1190450
JimKallinen is offline   Reply With Quote