Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 10, 2008, 2:16 AM   #1

I've read all the reviews, however, nobody clearly states which is better for overall use. p.s., I own a mac power book g4.
gspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 10, 2008, 7:16 AM   #2

OpticAl zoom or digital zoom which do you preferre?

fixed focus or auto focus, which do you preferre?

macro, electronc( up to 2 inchs)is manual switch ( up to 20 inchs) which do you preferre?

these are the three things at the moment ican stir up that are different

and yes 199.99 or 149.99. which do you preferre.

I will not tell you to get one, I believe that will be your choice
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2008, 8:48 PM   #3

what are the differences and the advantages, between the following features: optical zoom vs. digital zoom, macro electronic vs. manual switch, also, which has a better sound quality? does manual zoom have more of an advantage over auto zoom?
gspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2008, 9:21 PM   #4

taking a step back b/c I have to understand I was a noob once lol

Optical: is like whjat your eyes see. if you zoom nothing is minipulated by software all is natural and lenses are used.

Digital : is all electronics so it is like magnification of a picture no lenses.

macro 2 inchs or 20 inchs, macro electronic wil lnot be incorrectly pushed while switch can accedently get moved

sound well the mic is bigger on the + over the Action and will it make for a bettr sound both are exactly the same

maual over auto well when I drive and need to film focus hunt ruins the shot, this is where I like manual settings soI can stop that

gspeed wrote:
Quote:
what are the differences and the advantages, between the following features: optical zoom vs. digital zoom, macro electronic vs. manual switch, also, which has a better sound quality? does manual zoom have more of an advantage over auto zoom?
Old May 25, 2008, 2:25 PM   #5

fishy: as you know I am in the market for a new cam dew to friying mine. Lets see if I understand the diffrences of the two cameras.

The action HD 1080p has a few more options(zoom and such), diffrent look, and higher pricetag over the A-HD+?

Is there any diffrence in video quility. So the A-HD+ does not have an auto focus? Is there any side by side feature comparison of the 2 cams.

It seem that most of the big retailers(bestbuy curcuit city) carry the A-HD+ not the Action HD 1080p. Is there a reson for this? I think this is all I have for now. Thanks
cotucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2008, 9:19 PM   #6

sorry did not see the green arrow.

answered and not ignored I can only at the moment place up the a-hd+ video as Ino longer own the action or go

cotucker wrote: [/b]
Quote:
fishy: as you know I am in the market for a new cam dew to friying mine. Lets see if I understand the diffrences of the two cameras.

The action HD 1080p has a few more options(zoom and such), diffrent look, and higher pricetag over the A-HD+?

Is there any diffrence in video quility. So the A-HD+ does not have an auto focus? Is there any side by side feature comparison of the 2 cams.

It seem that most of the big retailers(bestbuy curcuit city) carry the A-HD+ not the Action HD 1080p. Is there a reson for this? I think this is all I have for now. Thanks
Old Jun 22, 2008, 4:23 PM   #7

fishy, hi i own the action hd 1080p and was wondering how the fixed focus worked on the a-hd+ since my big concern is the auto focus on my action hd hunting. which does in fact ruin many shots.
So my question was if the video quality is the same for both models and if u would recommend me exchanging the action-hd for the a-hd +? and if basically everything is the same other than the zoom and macro switch? i know the action hd was 199.99 versus 149.99 for the hd+ so is there any real advantages with the action hd? if not i would like to know more about how the focus works on the hd+ since i'm not liking the autofocus that much. thanks

freshkleensucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2008, 5:04 PM   #8

fixed focus is permantly locked so no shot can be ruined. Auto focus with Aiptek hunts all the controls are the same except the macro, it is a switch rather a electronics.

the quality on the action A-HD+ no difference at all. somewill claim lower light on the action, all thesame to me.

I have no issues but thesoundquality on ANY AIP.

freshkleensucks wrote:
Quote:
fishy, hi i own the action hd 1080p and was wondering how the fixed focus worked on the a-hd+ since my big concern is the auto focus on my action hd hunting. which does in fact ruin many shots.
So my question was if the video quality is the same for both models and if u would recommend me exchanging the action-hd for the a-hd +? and if basically everything is the same other than the zoom and macro switch? i know the action hd was 199.99 versus 149.99 for the hd+ so is there any real advantages with the action hd? if not i would like to know more about how the focus works on the hd+ since i'm not liking the autofocus that much. thanks