Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 21, 2008, 3:44 PM   #1

Hi there,
My wife gave me a VuPoint DV-DA1-VP for my birthday recently. I am kind of technically challenged but I can take pictures and also video and have been able to view video on my TV. How do I put them on my computer for making DVDs. I am a Mac user and know there must be a way. Also how to download photos.

Any help will be appreciated and I will keep trying.

Thanks,
Ken
klee37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 21, 2008, 4:39 PM   #2

Welcome aboard first

not a mac use, lets ask a few questions first

file format mpeg4 is compression not file format i see no info if it is .mov.mp4 then use mac software.

software provided wil ldo just that, what was supplied with it?

I am not a mac user again, but if you have editing software for video since this is a basic 720x480 res Imovie should work.

this cam sells at one time 300.00 and now is as low as 80.00 refurbished.

I use magex, vegas and a number of otherediting ones that will burn to a dvd 3rd party stuff.

if any member who has a mac , they will be glad to help out it is a matter of just placing video clips in and then processing to a dvd burner
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2008, 9:08 AM   #3

Klee37,

I have a Mac.

Do you have a USB 2.0 memory card reader?

If so, then take the memory card out of your camcorder and insert it into a USB 2.0 memory card reader and then insert the USB 2.0 plug into the USB 2.0 port on your Mac.

That's the first step.

The second step will be to find out if the video recorded by your particular model of camcorder can be decoded (read) by iMovie. To find that out, just try importing the video file recorded onto the memory card into iMovie.

If it is read... fine. You're set.

If it is not read... then you'll need to download some decoders from the Web that will allow your file to be read.

Hope this helps,

Private Idaho
Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2008, 9:15 AM   #4

Thank you, I will pick up a card reader. The one I have doesn't fit the card in the camera.

Ken
klee37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2008, 3:51 PM   #5

normally thesecams are cardreaders, and iunderstand mac will not read some, a firmware be the fix, if the company writes it.

a ard reader wil lgo to the mac itself and thecard is a sd card and the reader is the same? or is it a flash etc..........
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2008, 9:46 PM   #6

Actually, I've tested my Mac with video from these camcorders...

1. Aiptek Action HD (Quicktime .MOV)
2. Aiptek ISDV2.4 (Windows Media .ASF)
3. Panasonic SDR-S10 (MPEG-2 .MOD)
4. Sanyo VPC-CG6 (MPEG-4 .mp4)

My Mac reads all of them.

For the .ASF format, I had to download a Quicktime decoder that allows one to play .ASF files. I got mine free from Microsoft here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...omponents.mspx

For the Sanyo VPC-CG6, I didn't have to download anything.

For the Aiptek Action HD, I didn't have to download anything.

For the Panasonic SDR-S10, I seem to recall I had to download the MPEG-2 decoder from the Apple Web site that installs MPEG-2 support in the Quicktime Pro.

The most difficult camcorder for my Mac was the Jazz. For the Jazz, I had to download the free Perian decoder components.

But I haven't run into a camcorder yet that isn't supported on the Mac in some way.

Private Idaho
Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote